The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

28 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

´m now thinking she might be a great candidate for Kelly´s save in the playoffs if she wins the 4 way KO. I´d  probably go with her if I were Kelly since Corey can easily crush the Wildcard, and thus I move on to the next round with Kenzie, Savanna and Corey. What a killer team.

Don’t give me hope :haha:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, disney1024 said:

That being said, both John and Kelsea suggested that Nick should pick Zae as the winner of the battle. Blake was the only one to pick Lindsay but he said that his reasoning for picking Lindsay was just to "make things more complicated" for Nick. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Well, as sad as I am about Lindsay, their suggestion was right.  Or, rather, Kelsea's was.  Don't forgot that John "copped out," as he himself said, and decided to be completely useless in that decision.  Both of them had nerves, and I could hear them in, like, the first thirty seconds of the performance.  The only difference was that Zae pulled it together a lot sooner than Lindsay.  Lindsay didn't really shake her nerves off till the second half of the song, when she finally started crushing it.  But Zae had control of his nerves for longer than she did, so he won.

Going purely by tones, though, I still might've given it to Lindsay.

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Don’t give me hope :haha:

Yeah, we still don´t really know if she´s winning the KO lol. At least we get that bit of suspense given the amount of spoilers we have.

3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Yes, the coaches apparently couldn't tell who was pitchier. They had nothing positive to say about that one and John just had to pick the artist who flopped less. IDF was fairly certain that that battle was going to be montaged since the comments came out two months ago. 😅 

Yeah, and in addition to the pitchy performances, to grant the perspective of someone who actually saw it, Ciana and Denisha also spent way more time focusing on their vocal acrobatics than they did on the actual melody and emotion of the song, something that Kelsea in particular pointed out to them.  In fact, she came down HARD on them.  Both of them were kind of shocked by that.  Blake and Nick weren't very kind, either.

Poor Tate McRae, though.  Her song finally gets snapped up by this show, and it doesn't even get a full focus thanks to John putting it in the hands of those two flops.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

His blind (which has grown on me) showed some promise, so I’m really excited for his battle! 😊

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I really liked his blind. Even though he didn´t make it to the KOs, the glowing reception to his battle indicates that he at least left on a high note.

I liked his blind!! He's the type of artist that I listen daily! Also, an Elton song is perfect.

I imagined for his KO a Lewis Capaldi / Calum Scott / James Bay song (or maybe repeat something by James Arthur

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

For anyone who attended the first KO taping, how was the Corey/Ryleigh KO? 

Here’s all the feedback I got: 

-All the coaches except Blake stood for Corey, but my source thought the performance was pretty average.

-My source didn’t like Ryleigh’s head voice, but preferred her to Corey.

-Blake preferred Corey because he was more connected to the song.

-Nick refused to choose a winner.

-John chose Corey, but felt that Ryleigh did really well.

-Nick and John quickly pushed their buttons to steal, followed by Blake, making it a triple steal (my source didn’t think the performance was that good to warrant a triple steal.) 

-Nick was called out for not being able to make a choice and trying to tell her what she wanted to hear.

-Ryleigh quickly picks John and he plays his mini piano and sings her a sing. 

• Thanks 1

Man thinking about it... Jenzie is gonna win. I thought about how in the lives Country singers tend to sing better then most singers. It breaks my heart for Cam, Dana, Corey, Ryliegh, Victor, Zania, Rachel and more🥲. Jenzie isn’t bad though and is a really good country singer so i won’t mind it. I just think someone like Dana or Cam should take the trophy instead but ya Jenzie Wheels will take it!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AliXRose said:

I’m so done with the 4-chair factor giving you an edge, that’s bullsh*t

Not denying that it does usually tend to give you an advantage, and it definitely did in the case of Zae/Lindsay, but as a whole it only happened here this season, because all of the four chair turns of S20 (except for Kenzie) have been thrown around in favor of underdogs who outsang them apparently. (Except for Avery in the KO,since he was against no underdog lol)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

TBH, I really think this might be the most talented/strongest cast we had in a while... everyone who received a chair turn are talented in their own way and have their own unique styles. For those who got robbed and should’ve never been eliminated (Lindsay, Awari, Durell, Halley) they really all were victims of being in the possibly the most strongest cast we had, and they all could’ve been steals/saves but were in the later tapings. I wouldn’t say the steals and saves were wasted because we haven’t seen the knockouts yet and to be honest they aren’t even bad... Emma has a special country tone that we don’t hear. Keegan has a special artistry about him. Devan was against a powerhouse like Dana and brought his A Game. If there’s anything i blame this season it’s the song choices.

By far the best since S17!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

John putting it in the hands of those two flops.

Hold awn mr/ms thing.....Ciana/Denisha are no flops. What’s with the disrespect chile... The song choice did absolutely NOTHING for them because it isn’t in either of their lanes (plus it sucks for a singing competition)

Tbh they had to find ways to make their voice soar, and this song has few spots where it would sound good to do so, especially without changing the melody. 
these types of comments when people actually call an artist (who is so far more successful than you are 😘) a “flop” or negative adjectives rub me off the worst way possible. If you describe their PERFORMANCE that’s different. They might have done badly once, but that doesn’t make them two flops.

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Hold awn mr/ms thing.....Ciana/Denisha are no flops. What’s with the disrespect chile... The song choice did absolutely NOTHING for them because it isn’t in either of their lanes (plus it sucks for a singing competition)

Tbh they had to find ways to make their voice soar, and this song has few spots where it would sound good to do so, especially without changing the melody. 
these types of comments when people actually call an artist (who is so far more successful than you are 😘) a “flop” or negative adjectives rub me off the worst way possible. If you describe their PERFORMANCE that’s different. They might have done badly once, but that doesn’t make them two flops.

I happen to not be a fan of Ciana or Denisha, so I'll call them what I wish.

Edited by Rodney
  • Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pete is not really familiar with Lewis Capaldi´s catalogue. If there was any doubt that he didn´t pick his KO song...

Well, this should be interesting... :giggle:

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic