The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

I think she was hyped up a little too much on here pre-season. Even the coaches hyped her up a lot in their comments (which were mentioned by sources

🙄

Edited by Henry Sanchez
  • Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

I didn’t put this in the Voice Fans Say the Darndest Things Thread because it contains spoilers...   Deion Warren and Durell are gorgeous guys that went home in the battles and should be min

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

I'm surprised they haven't done neon blinking lights saying "KELLY SAVE THIS MAN" or "MAKE THIS GUY WIN THE WILDCARD" yet 🤪

Jokes aside, Corey's done very well this season, and that "comeback kid" angle is appealing for a story arc on top of his mom's story being emphasized + good song choices. Considering everything, I think he has a good shot at the top 9, but we'll see.

40 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We´ll see if it´s true if they don´t montage him lol, which I hope they don´t do, even though it won´t affect him, but I want to see him in action again, especially since it´s been a while.

But honestly, Corey´s been getting great treatment from TPTB, and I love that. Featured on the premiere, closed the 2nd battles episode, and will very likely close the KOs premiere, with a coach´s song. Not to mention the emphasis on his mom´s story. Things are falling in the right place in case Kelly doesn´t save him, he could get the Wildcard if he keeps delivering.

Loving the positivity for Corey! I really do hope he makes it to semis, but after Sid 💔 I'm just gonna temper my expectations. At least we get to hear one studio from him real soon. 🙂

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Also, I think Kelly/Kelsea made a mistake by choosing Corey over Savanna W. Corey would have had a better shot at winning the 4WKO than Savanna seems to, as of right now.

Or because she flat out won that battle, but that doesn’t really make much difference.

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Not to mention there´s another thing Gihanna might have going against her in her KO: Emily Luther´s version.

Her version is a top-tier, I wonder if she'll be able to surpass that.

Bradley vs Rachel = James Arthur +The Chicks= Elton John

Patty Griffin is the original singer. The Chicks simply covered that song. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

And the fact that she’s up against Anna Grace, another IDF favorite who I doubt will get criticized much on this thread because everyone knows she’s reading.  

To be fair enough both of their songs were already sang in the past seasons which both are really good. Chevel with If I Die Young is still one of my favorite audition of all time. I wonder how Anna will do with that song.

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

But I hope its just one montage next week and no shortclip of any other battle like they did with Zae/Lindsay.

Also, what are the chances that Raine/Andrew gets a bit shortclipped like Lindsay/Zae because of how bad apparently was? I know there is a steal, but they are not montaging it, just cutting it a bit.

They're most likely going to shortclip the Raine/Andrew battle if Raine flopped, just like they did with Zae/Lindsay. By no means did either artist in the LindZae battle flop but nerves did affect part of their performance, which is probably why it got shortclipped. Raine flat-out flopped so I don't see why they wouldn't shortclip it. 🧐

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Considering its the last battle, I highly doubt a part of it would be cut

Who said that's the last battle? It could easily be Rio/Carolina. While Blake's steals are usually the last battle of the season, Blake's save wasn't the first battle of the season this time around so literally anything is possible. 🤷🏾‍♂️

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

To be fair enough both of their songs were already sang in the past seasons which both are really good. Chevel with If I Die Young is still one of my favorite audition of all time. I wonder how Anna will do with that song.

Anna and Chevel probably had a different approach to the song while Gihanna and Emily a pretty similar one so I would say both are comparable

Just now, colemanftw said:

Anna and Chevel probably had a different approach to the song while Gihanna and Emily a pretty similar one so I would say both are comparable

Have you watched the taping already? Gihanna did a pretty similar to the version of Emily's?

30 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I know I’m probably the only one with this opinion, but I still haven’t been impressed with Gihanna. I’m hoping her KO does something for me 😬

Same. But I can't stop thinking about Emily's KO, so I'll wait for Anna or Rileigh (their tones are 10/10

I'd rather Gihanna vs Halley was a montage just for the song. Ainae vs Anna singing Amy 🔥 and if it was good doesn't deserve a short clip.

Edited by pauwis
32 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I know I’m probably the only one with this opinion, but I still haven’t been impressed with Gihanna. I’m hoping her KO does something for me 😬

you're not the only one, I'm seeing a couple who also feels the same ;) 

I respect your opinions though and yeah some artists aren't just meant to please everyone (more so in this chaotic forum LMAO) and that's fine

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, colemanftw said:

I already knew that Gihanna would do a similar to Emily's version because if you change the approach for that song it wouldn't make any sense but the emotion presented for that song is something that you should watch out for.

For Anna and Chevel I think they will still be compared and with Blake stealing Anna might influence country fans to make at least a little comparison. 

Still we don't know until we hear them.

Last episode of battles. I can see this: 
opener: Deion vs. Victor or Kenzie vs JD
middle: Rachel vs. Bradley;

closing: Carolina vs Rio

Edited by pauwis
18 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

By no means did either artist in the LindZae battle flop but nerves did affect part of their performance, which is probably why it got shortclipped.

I’m gonna be honest with you and say that I doubt that’s the reason. Someone who went to that taping said that they cut out a part where Lindsay had a moment and hit a high note. That was what made that source feel that Lindsay was robbed when they were at the taping. I think they shortclipped it to either show Zae in a good light or not make the coaches look dumb for not picking/stealing/saving Lindsay. Also, if Gihanna vs. Halley is as disappointing as everyone has been saying, I would have much rather preferred to see that one short-clipped.

Edited by Bk1234
  • Sad 1
Just now, Bk1234 said:

Also, if Gihanna vs. Halley was as disappointing as everyone has been saying, I would have much rather preferred to see that one short-clipped.

I personally loved the battle, especially Halley's whistle note. People are just bitter about the overdone song choice. 🙄

I highly recommend you make the time watch the battles since you tend to be less harsher than most of IDF. 😉

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I personally loved the battle, especially Halley's whistle note. People are just bitter about the overdone song choice. 🙄

I highly recommend you make the time watch the battles since you tend to be less harsher than most of IDF. 😉

I may hate the song choice, but if they had had a great performance I would have enjoyed it regardless. That was not the case here (and I like both of them).

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
Just now, disney1024 said:

The problem is the song, the arrangement, the voices didn't mix well together, disorder ... 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I’m watching the episode on Friday when I have the time since I couldn’t catch it live yesterday. I watched LindZae and Jordan vs. Keegan, but I saved the rest for the episode.

4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

It´s honestly more than the song choice. They should have not being paired together in my opinion. Their voices just didn´t gel for me.

• Like 3
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic