The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

but I don’t remember hearing any negative critique from the coaches to either Gihanna or Halley based on what sources said (some saying Halley was even deserving of a steal or save iirc)

Yeah, I was just looking back and it seemed there was positive stuff for both, especially Gihanna who was compared to Beyoncé and was called one of the best this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

True. (we won Zania stans🥳🥳

Taking into account the feedback that you’ve got, would you say Gihanna vs Halley is the next likeliest to get montaged? Or Kenzie/JD, Pete/Savanna, Anna/Ainae? (Idk if I’m forgetting another battle that could get montaged but these seem to be the candidates)

I had 6 people give feedback from taping 3 lol. Most of the feedback was similar but based on what the sources said the coaches said about Gihanna, I'd say Gihanna/Halley is the least likely (besides Rachel/Bradley ofc) to get montaged. Kenzie got called the winner of the season, John and Kelsea apparently fangirled over Gihanna and wouldn't stop comparing her to Beyonce. I'd say Anna/Ainae is more likely because it seems like it's probably a more middle-tier battle (good feedback with some criticisms), but with that editing oopsie of Blake being unable to steal Ainae despite trying... but that's only if they wanna get away with montages two battles between 4 girls all in the 20-22 age range. That's the only reason I think Kenzie/JD is still a possibility. Pete/Savanna's certainly a possibility but I'd be bummed because I was kind of looking of forward to hearing that one. There is technically still a shot for Zae/Lindsay to be the montage but I don't see much of a reason for that yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Kenzie got called the winner of the season, John and Kelsea apparently fangirled over Gihanna and wouldn't stop comparing her to Beyonce. 

This doesn´t sound like montage material to me honestly, but who knows. 

I´m with you on Pete/Savanna, I want to hear that one, so hopefully it doesn´t get the axe. 

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'd say Anna/Ainae is more likely because it seems like it's probably a more middle-tier battle (good feedback with some criticisms), but with that editing oopsie of Blake being unable to steal Ainae despite trying... but that's only if they wanna get away with montages two battles between 4 girls all in the 20-22 age range. 

Given that they are airing a battle whose winner is out in KOs... on the premiere, I wouldn´t be surprised. Anna/Ainae getting montaged could very well happen too. 

Apparently the really good battles on Taping 3 started after Raine/Andrew, and sadly we won´t see one of them most likely.

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This doesn´t sound like montage material to me honestly, but who knows. 

I´m with you on Pete/Savanna, I want to hear that one, so hopefully it doesn´t get the axe. 

Given that they are airing a battle whose winner is out in KOs... on the premiere, I wouldn´t be surprised. Anna/Ainae getting montaged could very well happen too. 

Apparently the really good battles on Taping 3 started after Raine/Andrew, and sadly we won´t see one of them most likely.

Yeah, if you'd shown me a list of all 20 battles with the feedback from the sources without actually hearing the results and which battles resulted in a steal/save (therefore having them escape a montage)... I definitely wouldn't have picked any of the battles that actually did end in a steal besides Ryleigh/Gean and Corey/Savanna.

Yet we get guaranteed airings of Cam/Emma, Dana/Devan, Rio/Carolina, Jordan/Keegan, Ethan/Avery, and Raine/Andrew... most of which sound underwhelming given the feedback. Pretty much Dana and Cam were the only people who got super positive feedback here lol. 

But of course there was no steal for Rachel/Bradley, Gihanna/Halley, Kenzie/JD, Pete/Savanna, Connor/Aaron, Zae/Lindsay, or Anna/Ainae - which seem to have at least better feedback than most of the others :haha:

The producers seem to have screwed up a bit whole lot in terms of scheduling the battles. Thankfully at least the KO's seemed to be reasonably paced/have deserving results based on feedback.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Underwhelming? 🤔 I thought most said this battle was good.

The feedback wasn't bad, but it didn't seem to be a battle that was super praised by the sources (that could just be bias from the sources since taping 2 was light on sources anyway). Rio/Carolina and Raine/Andrew got heavy critiques, Jordan/Keegan was pretty positively received but caused some debate from the coaches because Keegan was apparently a stronger vocalist while Jordan performed better. The only super positive notes from those 6 battles were that Cam and Dana crushed their parts.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Were the critiques for this one related to tone?

Rio apparently had a bigger voice and range but Carolina's voice was clearer. Blake said both of their voices were affected. One source called the battle "kind of a dud tbh" Kelsea/Blake leaned towards Carolina, Nick picked Rio.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Underwhelming? 🤔 I thought most said this battle was good.

Yeah. I had another person saying that it was a really good battle and Ethan surprised them.

14 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Yet we get guaranteed airings of Cam/Emma, Dana/Devan, Rio/Carolina, Jordan/Keegan, Ethan/Avery, and Raine/Andrew... most of which sound underwhelming given the feedback. 

The highlighted ones are the only ones I haven´t seen any positive comments about as a whole  performance. Andrew was praised by everyone I´ve heard, and Raine got the opposite treatment from them. And the negative feedback on Rio/Carolina was mostly because of their tones, and Carolina´s overdoing of embellisment, which are not everyone´s cup of tea. So there´s definitely bias there.

As for the other ones, I´ve heard some good stuff about them. The Cam/Emma battle was described as pretty good, Devan held his own on his against Dana, and Jordan/Keegan was entertaining. (The feedback appears to be the same everywhere: Keegan sang better, Jordan performed better).

With all of this being said, I´m glad that the Connor/Aaron battle escaped montage. That is one I´ve been looking forward to see since I heard the song choice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Rio apparently had a bigger voice and range but Carolina's voice was clearer. Blake said both of their voices were affected. One source called the battle "kind of a dud tbh" Kelsea/Blake leaned towards Carolina, Nick picked Rio.

I think I’ll love it. :wub:

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:
20 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah. I had another person saying that it was a really good battle and Ethan surprised them.

Dan+Shay’s reaction to it in the promo got me more excited! 😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The highlighted ones are the only ones I haven´t seen any positive comments about as a whole  performance. Andrew was praised by everyone I´ve heard, and Raine got the opposite treatment from them. And the negative feedback on Rio/Carolina was mostly because of their tones, and Carolina´s overdoing of embellisment, which are not everyone´s cup of tea. So there´s definitely bias there.

As for the other ones, I´ve heard some good stuff about them. The Cam/Emma battle was described as pretty good, Devan held his own on his against Dana, and Jordan/Keegan was entertaining. (The feedback appears to be the same everywhere: Keegan sang better, Jordan performed better).

With all of this being said, I´m glad that the Connor/Aaron battle escaped montage. That is one I´ve been looking forward to see since I heard the song choice.

Yeah I heard the Cam/Emma and Dana/Devan were good battles overall, but there were some critiques for Emma and Devan. Emma's came from confidence and some mistakes, I don't remember what Devan's critiques off the top of my head (maybe he wasn't really critiqued after all? I don't know lol.)

For Ethan/Avery, I see positive comments but nothing on the level that Cam or Dana received, as well as a bunch of the no-steal battles. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

A reminder that had Nick picked Andrew in his battle, we wouldn´t have to worry about a good battle on Taping 3 not being shown. Our montages would have been clear.

Do we really need to come up with another reason for people to bash Nick? 🙄

Just now, Bk1234 said:

Do we really need to come up with another reason for people to bash Nick? 🙄

Nah, that just came out of pettiness lol. And honestly he did it to himself with those decisions lol. Like I said, he´s not losing sleep for people not liking his choices on an internet forum.

• Like 2

They really should stop picking people based on "body of work", especially when body of work means one previous performance (unless he stalked her pre-show stuff), what’s the point of the competition then ? (I know it’s not really about that, but still 😕)

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

They really should stop picking people based on "body of work", especially when body of work means one previous performance (unless he stalked her pre-show stuff), what’s the point of the competition then ? (I know it’s not really about that, but still 😕)

Facts. But coaches will remain bias.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

@Someone648Did your sources think that Raine/Andrew was that bad?

All the sources thought Raine was bad (I think)

The coaches spent more time talking about her blind than her battle. It seems like that was the only way Nick could justify picking her over Andrew here.

Edited by Someone648
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I never got tired of that song.

Not gonna lie, I enjoyed when he sang it to Zania plus she seemed to really enjoy it 👀 Other than that it was trash

HM : I don’t know what rhymes with North Carolina :stealth:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Agreed 100%. Raine´s blind was great and fresh, but if Andrew really did better, he deserved to be picked.

• Like 4

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic