The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

i think we need to have an intervention with TPTB... what’s the point of montaging just two battles??? like is it really that hard to fit seven battles in one episode? i mean a battle could be shortclipped, the intro packages could be shortened, etc. there’s literally no reason why all twenty battles can’t be aired... fix this TPTB!!!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i think we need to have an intervention with TPTB... what’s the point of montaging just two battles??? like is it really that hard to fit seven battles in one episode? i mean a battle could be shortclipped, the intro packages could be shortened, etc. there’s literally no reason why all twenty battles can’t be aired... fix this TPTB!!!

They really should shorten the intro packages, no offense but some of those advisors are useless and so is their feedback 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

@Rodney What was the worst battle you saw on your taping?

Also, you mentioned something about Connor/Aaron being good right? Nice to hear considering that I dont think you were a fan of Connor's audition.

For worst, Ciana vs. Denisha, for sure.

Aaron vs. Connor was excellent.  Probably my personal second favorite of that taping, behind Bradley vs. Rachel.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

For worst, Ciana vs. Denisha, for sure.

Aaron vs. Connor was excellent.  Probably my personal second favorite of that taping, behind Bradley vs. Rachel.

Out of Kenzie/JD, Zae/Lindsay, Pete/Savanna C, and Gihanna/Halley, who do you think would be most likely to get the montage?

Edited by Misirlou

Interesting choices for the premiere, especially since IDF thought many of these would be montaged. I'll note that although a Ciana/Denisha montage seems likely, it's possible they'll tune it and keep it, though the chances of that happening are likely low.

It's interesting that everyone here is still so confident about that considering that the other montage-suspects many here were so confident of are being shown, that too, in the premiere. Based on the feedback, I'd predict that too but I'm not very confident after what we just saw. 

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

But can they tune the comments 🙃 ?

They don't have to tune the comments, they can just edit! :haha:

But I recognize that Ciana/Denisha seems to be the most likely candidate rn. I'm just not as confident as the rest of IDF seems to be.

Edited by QueenCami

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Interesting choices for the premiere, especially since IDF thought many of these would be montaged. I'll note that although a Ciana/Denisha montage seems likely, it's possible they'll tune it and keep it, though the chances of that happening are likely low.

I actually really want to see the battle, since Ciana is one of my favs this season.

Just now, AliXRose said:

Do you know the song they sang ? I mean is it that bad, I'm too lazy to give it a listen :stealth:

Yes, I do. The song isn’t too bad, just not the best fit for the two of them. I never liked the song, but Mary Jo’s slayage of it on Idol made me appreciate it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Do you know the song they sang ? I mean is it that bad, I'm too lazy to give it a listen :stealth:

The song is growing on me tbh. It’s by no means the best fit for either Ciana nor Denisha (wtf John?) but part of me is curious to see their approach. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

The song is growing on me tbh. It’s by no means the best fit for either Ciana nor Denisha (wtf John?) but part of me is curious to see their approach. 

All I know is that regarding feedback, there was pretty much no super positive praise for Ciana or Denisha. The rest of the battles seemed to have had at least enough positive praise to cut together a good segment. There's no way to edit in good feedback if none was given. I don't see how they escape the montage. And with that, it should ensure we at least see Zania vs. Durell and Victor vs. Deion in full. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

All I know is that regarding feedback, there was pretty much no super positive praise for Ciana or Denisha. The rest of the battles seemed to have had at least enough positive praise to cut together a good segment. There's no way to edit in good feedback if none was given. I don't see how they escape the montage. And with that, it should ensure we at least see Zania vs. Durell and Victor vs. Deion in full. 

True. (we won Zania stans🥳🥳

Taking into account the feedback that you’ve got, would you say Gihanna vs Halley is the next likeliest to get montaged? Or Kenzie/JD, Pete/Savanna, Anna/Ainae? (Idk if I’m forgetting another battle that could get montaged but these seem to be the candidates)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Taking into account the feedback that you’ve got, would you say Gihanna vs Halley is the next likeliest to get montaged?

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the feedback was skewed to the positive side for that battle. Gihanna was an IDF pre-season favorite so there could be some bias there among the sources.

Edited by Bk1234

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the feedback was skewed to the positive side for that battle. Gihanna was an IDF pre-season favorite so there could be some bias there among the sources.

Yeah, I’m thinking more about the stuff the sources pointed out regarding the coaches’ feedback, but that’s true too.

I doubt there’s much^ but I don’t remember hearing any negative critique from the coaches to either Gihanna or Halley based on what sources said (some saying Halley was even deserving of a steal or save iirc)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

but I don’t remember hearing any negative critique from the coaches to either Gihanna or Halley based on what sources said (some saying Halley was even deserving of a steal or save iirc)

Yeah, I was just looking back and it seemed there was positive stuff for both, especially Gihanna who was compared to Beyoncé and was called one of the best this season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

True. (we won Zania stans🥳🥳

Taking into account the feedback that you’ve got, would you say Gihanna vs Halley is the next likeliest to get montaged? Or Kenzie/JD, Pete/Savanna, Anna/Ainae? (Idk if I’m forgetting another battle that could get montaged but these seem to be the candidates)

I had 6 people give feedback from taping 3 lol. Most of the feedback was similar but based on what the sources said the coaches said about Gihanna, I'd say Gihanna/Halley is the least likely (besides Rachel/Bradley ofc) to get montaged. Kenzie got called the winner of the season, John and Kelsea apparently fangirled over Gihanna and wouldn't stop comparing her to Beyonce. I'd say Anna/Ainae is more likely because it seems like it's probably a more middle-tier battle (good feedback with some criticisms), but with that editing oopsie of Blake being unable to steal Ainae despite trying... but that's only if they wanna get away with montages two battles between 4 girls all in the 20-22 age range. That's the only reason I think Kenzie/JD is still a possibility. Pete/Savanna's certainly a possibility but I'd be bummed because I was kind of looking of forward to hearing that one. There is technically still a shot for Zae/Lindsay to be the montage but I don't see much of a reason for that yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Kenzie got called the winner of the season, John and Kelsea apparently fangirled over Gihanna and wouldn't stop comparing her to Beyonce. 

This doesn´t sound like montage material to me honestly, but who knows. 

I´m with you on Pete/Savanna, I want to hear that one, so hopefully it doesn´t get the axe. 

3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I'd say Anna/Ainae is more likely because it seems like it's probably a more middle-tier battle (good feedback with some criticisms), but with that editing oopsie of Blake being unable to steal Ainae despite trying... but that's only if they wanna get away with montages two battles between 4 girls all in the 20-22 age range. 

Given that they are airing a battle whose winner is out in KOs... on the premiere, I wouldn´t be surprised. Anna/Ainae getting montaged could very well happen too. 

Apparently the really good battles on Taping 3 started after Raine/Andrew, and sadly we won´t see one of them most likely.

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This doesn´t sound like montage material to me honestly, but who knows. 

I´m with you on Pete/Savanna, I want to hear that one, so hopefully it doesn´t get the axe. 

Given that they are airing a battle whose winner is out in KOs... on the premiere, I wouldn´t be surprised. Anna/Ainae getting montaged could very well happen too. 

Apparently the really good battles on Taping 3 started after Raine/Andrew, and sadly we won´t see one of them most likely.

Yeah, if you'd shown me a list of all 20 battles with the feedback from the sources without actually hearing the results and which battles resulted in a steal/save (therefore having them escape a montage)... I definitely wouldn't have picked any of the battles that actually did end in a steal besides Ryleigh/Gean and Corey/Savanna.

Yet we get guaranteed airings of Cam/Emma, Dana/Devan, Rio/Carolina, Jordan/Keegan, Ethan/Avery, and Raine/Andrew... most of which sound underwhelming given the feedback. Pretty much Dana and Cam were the only people who got super positive feedback here lol. 

But of course there was no steal for Rachel/Bradley, Gihanna/Halley, Kenzie/JD, Pete/Savanna, Connor/Aaron, Zae/Lindsay, or Anna/Ainae - which seem to have at least better feedback than most of the others :haha:

The producers seem to have screwed up a bit whole lot in terms of scheduling the battles. Thankfully at least the KO's seemed to be reasonably paced/have deserving results based on feedback.

• Like 1