The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

20 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Pleasantly surprised Zae got so much love in the IDF Ratings thread, considering he did nail his audition. I have a slight feeling that might change on Monday. Y'all know why.

There’s no reason to be upset since Lindsay will be back in the lives through the 10 year anniversary wildcard. :thumbs:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Someone648 said:

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-casting-covid-safe-live-audience-for-4-1-taping.htm

Obviously this is only American Idol, but this is probably a good indication that we'll get some sort of live audience for blinds in season 21 as long as COVID rates don't skyrocket again. Maybe we'll even get some audience members in May!

Yes, my assumption has been that we will see in studio audiences if not by lives, then by next seasons blinds. I’m curious if they’ll also keep the digital audience, which has allowed fans from more parts of the country, or pivot back to in person only.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Just a quick recap of IDF´s reactions on the spoilers chat when we heard Ryleigh and Gean were singing pov:

I think I had faith in Kelly's jukebox capabilities and took into consideration the fact that most of her battles (and Gwen's when she's on the show) are really good, as in both artists are able to do well with the song. I'm glad I was right. 😌 

29 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Yes, my assumption has been that we will see in studio audiences if not by lives, then by next seasons blinds. I’m curious if they’ll also keep the digital audience, which has allowed fans from more parts of the country, or pivot back to in person only.

I don't see why they can't keep both. They already invested money into getting the technology. They might as well keep it and use it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I don't see why they can't keep both. They already invested money into getting the technology. They might as well keep it and use it. 🤷🏾‍♂️

The studio has limited space, they might have to put seats where the video boards are currently located (or more accurately the video boards might obscure sight lines from the seats). Having the digital audience also requires people to monitor it, so you'd be adding costs, as you now need the in-studio audience monitors, and digital audience monitors (not just one or the other). Plus as you can clearly see from the spoiler thread, digital audiences leak like a sieve. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I’m shocked no one talked about Blake’s Facial hair💀

I think it's the lighting, and maybe a bit of a dye job on the goatee part. That said....Blake should go more clean shaven (from 2020). 

Blake Shelton Gives the Sweetest Shout-Out to 'My New Fiancee' Gwen Stefani  at 2020 E! People's Choice Awards | Entertainment Tonight

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I was on that train before, purely because we thought he was a 1 chair and is in a relatively stacked team. Glad he proved as wrong.

The #1 thing we do on this site (ok maybe #2) is overrate and overemphasize the # of chair turns 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The #1 thing we do on this site (ok maybe #2) is overrate and overemphasize the # of chair turns 

Tbh i really never underestimate the one/two chair turns. I love underdogs so that’s probably why I always am a fan and always want the 1/2 chair turns to go farther in the show! Like Corey... I was always saying we’re sleeping on him and mostly people on idf was saying he’ll be fodder Lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He could, honestly. And if he´s in the finale, I don´t think he´s ending up 5th.

Yeah if he takes the 5th spot (which means there would be only one Team Blake member in the finale), I can see him ending up 3rd.

Just now, AliXRose said:

Yeah if he takes the 5th spot (which means there would be only one Team Blake member in the finale), I can see him ending up 3rd.

Yeah, 3rd is the ceiling for Dana, Victor, and the 5th finalist. The winner and runner up spots are reserved for Kenzie and the Team Blake PV (Either Cam or Pete).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I think he might even take the 5th finale spot if he choses a killer song for the IS

Corey could make higher than Nick's finalist(which I believe the Semis IS winner will unless if Dana or Rachel breakout enough)

Possibly John's finalist too. But I think beating Victor(who is likeliest to be his PV) would be a bit harder tbh.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

I really think Rio could’ve got the PV spot on Team Legend tbh if she made lives. She’s a young pop singer with unique tone.  

Over Victor? 🤔 Also, like I mentioned yesterday (I think), she was granted permission to be a contestant in the lives by TPTB as a birthday present. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I think ryleigh and Gean gonna open up the episode

I think they're gonna be at the top of hour two (like Payge vs. Lauren last season) - Blake's save/4-way KO participant has been the first battle for the last two seasons and I don't see it changing this season.

• Like 1