The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, TheVoiceFan2 said:

After hearing what Nick said to Ryleigh I wonder if she would’ve had a better chance to move on to the top 9 on his team...guess we’ll never know lol

Remember though that Rachel's battle hadn't aired yet, so he might have thought of her as fodder previously. Then, after her KO, she's probably cemented a spot as his Coach Save. Not only is she great, but also his ego is kind of on the line with Blake making the comment about how much he's helped her improve. He won't have that same connection + the underdog story with Ryleigh, so I think post-KOs, he'd still pick Rachel.

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

After hearing what Nick said to Ryleigh I wonder if she would’ve had a better chance to move on to the top 9 on his team...guess we’ll never know lol

I wish she picked him, a Dana/Ryleigh top 2 would've been total fire 🔥 And then John would've made a waaay wiser steal

1 minute ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

There's always the "Kelly, I'm gay" bias from Minivan which is terrible because she deserves to at least make it to the Semifinals (Top 9)

1 minute ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

There's always the "Kelly, I'm gay" bias from Minivan which is terrible because she deserves to at least make it to the Semifinals (Top 9)

I'd already forgotten that (despite the hype that one sentence got on IDF), so perhaps they'll forget unless they air it in her package again later.

• Like 1

The more I think of it the more confident I am that John’s playoffs team is PHENOMENAL. It might be his best one yet 👀 

In all honesty, that elimination is surely going to hurt. What I love is that all 4 of them have been positively received in all 3 rounds so I’m really excited to hear more.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

Where's Carolina? I think she deserves to be the second Winner (in accordance with the new rules as part of the 20th anniversary of TVUSA).

She made the finale, don’t worry. 😉 Also, just in: Rio is going to be in the live shows. The Voice did it for her birthday gift. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

She made the finale, don’t worry. 😉 Also, just in: Rio is going to be in the live shows. The Voice did it for her birthday gift. 

Just don't forget that they're allowing two winners this season! I think it's definitely going to be Carolina and Lindsay.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

The more I think of it the more confident I am that John’s playoffs team is PHENOMENAL. It might be his best one yet 👀 

In all honesty, that elimination is surely going to hurt. What I love is that all 4 of them have been positively received in all 3 rounds so I’m really excited to hear more.

the office agree GIF by EditingAndLayout

A really solid team

I enjoyed the battle. Not sure why anyone would've been skeptical about the song. It's a good song. The song is more in Ryleigh's wheelhouse so not surprised she was better and won. Maybe it was just me, but I felt like she got way more solo parts and sounded like her mic was louder on the chorus. Gean sounded like a backup singer lol. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I actually though the opposite for a good part of the song lmaoo

I think it was the chorus. She kind of overpowers him. Gean has a naturally subtle voice. It's giving Marisa and Ryan "I surrender" energy. And during his solo parts, she does a lot of ad libs. I like Ryleigh so I don't care or mind tbh lmao just something I noticed, but like I said, it could just be me. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, joe14 said:

I think it was the chorus. She kind of overpowers him. Gean has a naturally subtle voice. It's giving Marisa and Ryan "I surrender" energy. And during his solo parts, she does a lot of ad libs. I like Ryleigh so I don't care or mind tbh lmao just something I noticed, but like I said, it could just be me. 

I didn't even notice that! That being said, I don't think it's Marisa v. Ryan level, because Marisa utterly dominated that vocally in terms of loudness/power. Ryleigh and Gean were more even IMO, though you're probably right on her overpowering him somewhat. I'll relisten with that in mind later.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

I didn't even notice that! That being said, I don't think it's Marisa v. Ryan level, because Marisa utterly dominated that vocally in terms of loudness/power. Ryleigh and Gean were more even IMO, though you're probably right on her overpowering him somewhat. I'll relisten with that in mind later.

The Marissa/Ryan thing was sort of a joke lol. I think they should've increased the volume on Gean's mic. Like it sounded like Ryleigh sang the last line by herself even though they were supposed to be singing it together. But Ryleigh has a very pristine voice, especially w/ her runs, so I think that's why it comes across like she's overpowering him. She easily won this though so I'm just rambling at this point. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joe14 said:

I think they should've increased the volume on Gean's mic.

But wouldn't have that been unfair ? I mean it would've given the impression that he had more range/vocal power than he actually have ? No offense to him, I'm just trying to figure out