The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I think Kelly's team has  definitely the potential to be the strongest, but I'm reserving any labels because I thought the same last season and everyone on her team but Cami flopped in the playoffs, and I'm not even a fan of her.

I do trust Kenzie to deliver live. We'll see about the others.

• Like 1

The only one I would call a lock is Kenzie. For some reason I could see Victor struggling to surpass his blind, similar to John last season. He’s probably getting it, but I don’t think it’s a given. 

I would rank the 4 “frontrunners” like this based on their chances to move on:

Kenzie > Dana > Cam > Victor

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

I think Kelly's team has  definitely the potential to be the strongest, but I'm reserving any labels because I thought the same last season and everyone on her team but Cami flopped in the playoffs, and I'm not even a fan of her.

I do trust Kenzie to deliver live. We'll see about the others.

Umm...😂

I was a fan of Cami, WTW, Tanner, & Maddie. But DeSz gave the BEST PO performance! 

9 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Kelly's Team could go either way but she has the potential winner for sure.

I'm a diehard Team Kelly supporter. But I'm a bit afraid of Blake getting 1st spot this season with Pete, perhaps... I mean, I never expected the guy to reach the lives and he has so many Youtube views (even though there's the whole "look he and the coach worked together before" vibe). 

Edited by SNI2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

I'm a diehard Team Kelly supporter. But I'm a bit affraid of Blake getting 1st spot this season with Pete, perhaps...

Mr. Jenzie Hall Wheels has the advantage of being the only true country singer during the lives, just like Jake Hoot in S17. Unlike Todd and Jim, Pete isn't even remotely close to country so he wouldn't have that country boost to help him. 🧐

• Like 1

Just now, Daillon said:

The only one I would call a lock is Kenzie. For some reason I could see Victor struggling to surpass his blind, similar to John last season. He’s probably getting it, but I don’t think it’s a given. 

Maybe, but he will still get it possibly. There's not really much competition on his team in terms of voting potential.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Maybe, but he will still get it possibly. There's not really much competition on his team in terms of voting potential.

Yeah, I will be very surprised if he doesn’t get it. But I don’t think Victor is a “vote magnet”, so I could see the PV going for the best performance if Victor flops or he gets a bad song choice. This is all very unlikely, but you never know.

Just now, Daillon said:

Not sure if he’ll be a threat tbh but in that scenario I would be 100% Team Blake.

That is if he gets it of course. But he certainly has the tools to do it,  including knowing Blake. He can sing too. Its either him or Cam.

I think in terms of most clear-cut PV winners, the teams go in the following order:

Kelly > John > Nick > Blake

• Kelly's PV is near-certainly going to Kenzie barring a massive, massive flop or bus in the playoffs (very unlikely but still technically possible).
  • John's PV is likely going to Victor even if he doesn't live up to the hype his blind got on social media - Zania may pull it off, but it's a long shot.
  • Nick's PV is probably going to Dana, especially if her KO is well-received; however, given she's a powerful vocalist and might get labeled a "screamer" I could see Rachel having a semi-legitimate outside shot, as she comes across as a very likable young lady and a growth arc is something that audiences find appealing and easy to root for.
  • Blake's PV is the one I go back-and-forth on the most; I think it's going to be Pete or Cam's, but I couldn't tell you which of them is more likely to get it. Both are solid options and though I have a clear preference, I certainly won't be mad if the one I'm less of a fan of between the two advances.

John and Kelly’s team are the most ones that I am worried about for PO. Like the singers on each team all had breakout moments, and I love them all! I’m just hoping that the wildcard is from one of their teams. 

Johns Top 2- Victor, Zania

Kellys Top 2- Kenzie, Gihanna 

Wildcard- Ryliegh/Corey/Zae/Pia- I won’t care who wins it has to be from Team John or Kelly.

• Like 1

Yeah, Kenzie's the only 100% lock for PV. Victor might be a 97%, due to the very small chance of Zania taking it. I'm putting Dana at 80% so far, we'll see how that changes with Rachel's apparent growth arc. And Pete and Cam at are 60%/40% for me respectively as of now, due to Pete's dominance on FB.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Kenzie's the only 100% lock for PV. Victor might be a 97%, due to the very small chance of Zania taking it. I'm putting Dana at 80% so far, we'll see how that changes with Rachel's apparent growth arc. And Pete and Cam at are 60%/40% for me respectively as of now, due to Pete's dominance on FB.

Although they're all unique in their own right, in terms of viewers, many of them consistently support AA Powerhouse women (again, not trying to box them in, just trying to address the voting blocs), just as many consistently support the many different country singers. I think Dana getting the PV is very likely, even if Rachel is strong - Dana has a voting bloc behind her, I think.

I would have for sure predicted Rachel as the one who gets PV 3 years ago, but I honestly think that now the powerhouses have the slight advantage against the singer-songwriters (I’m only basing this on the results in recent seasons).

Plus, Rachel could very well struggle live (which is my main reason to predict Dana over Rachel). The live shows aren’t very kind to most teens.

Just now, Daillon said:

Plus, Rachel could very well struggle live (which is my main reason to predict Dana over Rachel). The live shows aren’t very kind to most teens.

That's another aspect that makes me favor Dana. The possibility of crumbling live due to nerves or getting overpowered by Bandzilla is more likely to happen to Rachel (Not saying it will happen, but if I had to pick out of the two in that posibility, it would be the still raw teenager).

So far I'm confident in three people delivering live: Kenzie, Cam and Dana. I'm not including Pete due to the song choice in his KO, which may signal a future bus attempt (I hope not).

• Like 4

Just now, Misirlou said:

I'm not including Pete due to the song choice in his KO, which may signal a future bus attempt (I hope not).

If he gets something like his battle song, it might be over for Cam. But I still think Cam is TCO, so I don't think it will be that easy for Pete.

2 hours ago, snoopy2003 said:

Not as STACKED as Kelly’s❗😂♥️

I wouldn't trust this ... blinds aren't a good parameter.

Apparently most of them did excellent in the KOs, but ...

(also applies to Team Legend, but I see more experience and that give me more confidence

Honestly I might be the only one but I’m not ruling out Corey for the PV. Emotional backstory, apparently killed all 3 rounds, and generally appealing to minivan. I’m not saying he’s more likely to get it than Jenzie (because he is not) but for me he is behind him. Honestly I’d say like 10%/90% more or less.