The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

22 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I´m personally one of those people who, even though the winner sounds pretty obvious, and the show has become quite predictable, still finds enjoyment in watching it either way, especially when there´s multiple artists I like, even though I know all of them won´t make through.

I was just about to comment something similar! I watch the show because there are contestants I like, not because I expect my favorites to win. Even if the winner is obvious, I care to hear people sing more than I care for suspense. That's why I watched Season 19; I liked Cami, DeSz, Bailey along with Jim, Ian, Tamara, and Carter to a lesser extent. Even though I knew my favorite would not win, I enjoyed watching Cami and others' performances! Even watching Marisa/Kelsie/Lauren in the pre-taped rounds was fun, though I knew they'd get eliminated.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I mean this is just adding to the problem imo. By constantly saying “x contestant” is the new “y contestant” we are just boxing contestants into a lane and not giving people any incentive to support the prior contestant, since there’s supposedly a “new” one.

michelle obama GIF by Election 2016

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I was just about to comment something similar! I watch the show because there are contestants I like, not because I expect my favorites to win. Even if the winner is obvious, I care to hear people sing more than I care for suspense. That's why I watched Season 19; I liked Cami, DeSz, Bailey along with Jim, Ian, Tamara, and Carter to a lesser extent. Even though I knew my favorite would not win, I enjoyed watching Cami and others' performances! Even watching Marisa/Kelsie/Lauren in the pre-taped rounds was fun, though I knew they'd get eliminated.

The problem is it usually ends badly for these contestants and we end up with a sour taste in our mouths. But, then we get to say they were robbed for the next 10 years, so it’s not all bad, I guess. :P

• Haha 6

Going back to S20 specifically, the odds point to a Kenzie win, something I will consider deserving if he performs like I know he can. I still enjoy quite a few artists this season as well, so I´ll gladly continue watching them. There are three in particular I´ll keep my eye on after the show.

I actually am going to lean towards Nick winning with Rachel.

Kenzie will obviously make the finals with Kelly but he will have to compete against another Blake country artist and likely Blake's friend at that since Jordan doesnt seem ery likeable.

I think with two country singers in the finals the one on Blake's team has the upperhand. However, there will likely be enough of a vote split to give Rachael the win

5 minutes ago, sneaky said:

I actually am going to lean towards Nick winning with Rachel.

Kenzie will obviously make the finals with Kelly but he will have to compete against another Blake country artist and likely Blake's friend at that since Jordan doesnt seem ery likeable.

I think with two country singers in the finals the one on Blake's team has the upperhand. However, there will likely be enough of a vote split to give Rachael the win

Pete isn’t a country singer and neither is Jordan. Kenzie is the last male country singer remaining. I think there’s a female country singer in the 4-way KO, but I don’t expect her to contend. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I can see Jordan being classified as country by the audience, but I think Pete is pretty far from country based on his audition imo.

Seems like Jordan went away from that after his blind, which didn’t sound country at all to me, other than the fact that it was a country song. I think he should avoid country, honestly. 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think there’s a female country singer in the 4-way KO, but I don’t expect her to contend. 

That’s the funny thing... someone asked her why she chose “Slow Burn” during the ToZae Show and she seemed to not really want to lean too far in the country direction, which is strange. :lmao:

Just now, Bk1234 said:

That’s the funny thing... someone asked her why she chose “Slow Burn” during the ToZae Show and she seemed to not really want to lean too far in the country direction, which is strange. :lmao:

Country gets votes, so it's a legit strategy - that said, Neon Moon is her most country song pick by, well, a country mile no i'm not sorry for that joke

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Pete isn´t country, but I´d feel like he would have no problem slipping in there if needed. After all, he started playing country music originally. He joked he could do some Blake songs in his livestream (which I hope doesn´t happen, but still).

Jordan doesn´t sound country, and his audition didn´t really enamoured Minivan as I thought it was going to, so he should stick to what he does best: rock and blues.

Off topic, but both of them are great guitarrists, hope that they will be able to showcase their skills at one point on the show.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Country gets votes, so it's a legit strategy - that said, Neon Moon is her most country song pick by, well, a country mile no i'm not sorry for that joke

Yeah, that’s true. Emma has watched the show in the past, so I’m sure she’s aware of all this (she said her top two coach choices were Blake and Kelly, so she definitely knows what she’s doing.)

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Pete isn´t country, but I´d feel like he would have no problem slipping in there if needed. After all, he started playing country music originally. He joked he could do some Blake songs in his livestream (which I hope doesn´t happen, but still).

Jordan doesn´t sound country, and his audition didn´t really enamoured Minivan as I thought it was going to, so he should stick to what he does best: rock and blues.

*Googles "Lips of an Angel genre" to see if someone could give it to Jordan and say it's in his wheelhouse even though it'd be an obvious bus choice to any viewer who's been following the show for a long enough time*

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Seems like Jordan went away from that after his blind, which didn’t sound country at all to me, other than the fact that it was a country song. I think he should avoid country, honestly. 

You're right about Pete. I havent followed his team closely and assumed since they were friends he is country. He's pretty good. Would probably look too weird for him to win though

1 minute ago, sneaky said:

You're right about Pete. I havent followed his team closely and assumed since they were friends he is country. He's pretty good. Would probably look too weird for him to win though

Yeah, and FYI. This is Jordan. 

1 minute ago, sneaky said:

Yeah that sounds pretty country. Somewhat southern rock but I would classify Bo from American idol eons ago as southern rock

That doesn’t sound country at all, and he doesn’t consider himself a country artist. Now, the show might try to push him in that direction, but he should resist. 

• Like 1

Blake paired Jordan with Keegan and gave him a Train song. If he viewed him as country in general, he would have pitted him against either Ethan or Avery with a country song. And then he did rock in his KO. 

I don´t see TPTB pimping him in the playoffs, considering the editing he got in his blind, but we still don´t know if they will bus him as well.

Jordan is a guitarist first and vocalist second. He’s also clearly a seasoned performer. Sometimes these types don’t fit into one of the boxes necessary for success on the show. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

Just because someone sings a country song, doesn't mean that person is a country singer. Country goes way more depth than that.
So many people sings country songs, but nothing sounds like country.

Only genuine country singer left is Kenzie.

• Like 4