• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Did you know he tried to get Todd’s Wikipedia page removed?   

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, pauwis said:

It's one of my favorite songs, but I can't imagine it as a battle song. We'll see what they offer us.

By the way, Rachel can get the PV (unless her nerves show up

It would’ve worked better as her KO song

• Like 1
2 hours ago, B-B said:

When I tell you how many time’s I’ve watched Zania’s audition...

So have I!

I also suggested on YT for her to sing "Spanish Guitar" by Toni Braxton to honor our queen Desz and "Smooth Operator" by Sade and a la Oliv Blu.

Talking about past AA queens  for now Zania is my favorite one and I dream she will avenge the others and break this curse 

Edited by eidi
  • Like 2

Just by looking at them, I can classify the song choices for battles as (considering the artists that got them):

Great choices:
Your Song (Elton John)

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

Emotions (Bee Gees)

I Ain´t Living Long like This (Waylon Jennings)
Fishin in the Dark (The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band)

Baby (Brandy)

Have a Little Faith in Me (John Hiatt)

Meh:

U Got it Bad (Usher)

Somebody That I Used to Know (Goyte) 

You Say (Lauren Daigle) 

Just Got Started Lovin' You (James Otto)

Really?:

pov (Ariana Grande) (But apparently it worked out great ,still...)

You Know I´m No Good (Amy Winehouse) (Love this song, but I wouldn´t have chosen it for the pair that got it)

Calling All Angels (Train)

Thinking Out Loud (Ed Sheeran)

WTF?:

10,000 Hours (Dan + Shay)

Stuck with U (Ariana Grande & Justin Bieber)

You Broke Me First (Tate McRae)

Adore You (Harry Styles)

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just by looking at them, I can classify the song choices for battles as (considering the artists that got them):

Great choices:
Your Song (Elton John)

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

Emotions (Bee Gees)

Baby (Brandy)

Meh:

U Got it Bad (Usher)

You Say (Lauren Daigle) 

Really?:

You Know I´m No Good (Amy Winehouse) (Love this song, but I wouldn´t have chosen it for the pair that got it)

WTF?:

Adore You (Harry Styles)

I swear, how does one hear Gihanna and Halley's blinds, and think they should duet Ed Sheeran???

• Like 1
1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I swear, how does one hear Gihanna and Halley's blinds, and think they should duet Ed Sheeran???

Thaaaaaaaat's Kelly for you.  The two of them probably shouldn't even have been paired, either, since they're both so different.  It should've been Gihanna with Ainae and Halley with Anna Grace, IMO.

Though in fairness, maybe she wanted to challenge them instead of doing something obvious.

• Like 1
Just now, Rodney said:

Thaaaaaaaat's Kelly for you.  The two of them probably shouldn't even have been paired, either, since they're both so different.  It should've been Gihanna with Ainae and Halley with Anna Grace, IMO.

Though in fairness, maybe she wanted to challenge them instead of doing something obvious.

Was it a good battle at least?

Just now, Rodney said:

Actually, I think Gihanna and Halley's tones would blend more than Anna and Halley. They both have sweet tones while Anna's is pretty thick.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Great choices:
Your Song (Elton John)

Dreams (Fleetwood Mac)

Emotions (Bee Gees)

Baby (Brandy)

Meh:

U Got it Bad (Usher)

You Say (Lauren Daigle) 

Really?:

WTF?:

Adore You (Harry Styles)

I surely hope that none of the battles in the "Great choices" category get montaged.

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Was it a good battle at least?

Gihanna and Halley?  Hell no, it wasn't.  Individually, they were good.  Together, they did not blend well at all.

Ainae and Anna Grace, however?  Fantastic.  The only other Battle besides Celia vs. Karly that I might've ever ruled against a four-chair-turn, though, because while Anna Grace was good, Ainae was incredible.

Edited by Rodney
  • Thanks 3
Just now, Rodney said:

Gihanna and Halley?  Hell no, it wasn't.  Individually, they were good.  Together, they did not come together well at all.

Ainae and Anna Grace, however?  Fantastic.  The only other Battle besides Celia vs. Karly that I might've ever ruled against a four-chair-turn, though, because while Anna Grace was good, Ainae was incredible.

I wish Blake’s steal counted, it seems like Ainae deserved go farther! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I surely hope that none of the battles in the "Great choices" category get montaged.

Well, lately, since season eighteen, the show seems to be doing an idea I floated so long ago and montaging Battle winners who lose their Knockouts.  (For example, Jacob vs. Kevin and Jules vs. Tayler were montaged since Jacob and Tayler just ended up losing their Knockouts, and the same thing happened with Emmalee vs. Kelsie and Tori vs. Van since the same thing happened to Kelsie and Van.)  So assuming they're still doing that, I think that Aaron vs. Connor is at least a candidate for a montage out of the Battles on that "great choices" list, considering that Connor just loses his Knockout, anyway.

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Gihanna and Halley?  Hell no, it wasn't.  Individually, they were good.  Together, they did not come together well at all.

Well, if Kelly's 4 other pairings worked really well, there's bound to be one that doesn't. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Just now, disney1024 said:

Well, if Kelly's 4 other pairings worked really well, there's bound to be one that doesn't. 🤷🏾‍♂️

With that song, it is to be expected. I´m still looking forward to hear them individually. Apparently Halley hit a whistle note.

Just now, Misirlou said:

With that song, it is to be expected. I´m still looking forward to hear them individually. Apparently Halley hit a whistle note.

She did.  Very strong and clear.  I was blown away.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Well, lately, since season eighteen, the show seems to be doing an idea I floated so long ago and montaging Battle winners who lose their Knockouts.  (For example, Jacob vs. Kevin and Jules vs. Tayler were montaged since Jacob and Tayler just ended up losing their Knockouts, and the same thing happened with Emmalee vs. Kelsie and Tori vs. Van since the same thing happened to Kelsie and Van.)  So assuming they're still doing that, I think that Aaron vs. Connor is at least a candidate for a montage out of the Battles on that "great choices" list, considering that Connor just loses his Knockout, anyway.

Yeah, if anyone of that category is a montage, it´s Connor/Aaron. I hope not, but I wouldn´t be surprised if it happens.

Since Jose/Raine is quite possibly the KO montage (apparently the only really subpar pairing), then Jose´s battle won´t be montaged since we´re in a short season, and they need to know him.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Well, lately, since season eighteen, the show seems to be doing an idea I floated so long ago and montaging Battle winners who lose their Knockouts.

Wouldn't the battles that flopped (i.e. Ciana/Denisha and José/Awari) be the prime candidates for being montaged? Based on the S18 format, they only need to montage 2 battles anyways. Ciana lost her KO so she follows your idea of KO losers getting their battle montaged. But I wouldn't be surprised if José gets double-montaged à la Van in S19, since Raine flopped hard. 🧐

Just now, Misirlou said:

Since Jose/Raine is quite possibly the KO montage (apparently the only really subpar pairing), then Jose´s battle won´t be montaged since we´re in a short season, and they need to know him.

I honestly think that they'll montage both his battle and his KO. Sources liked neither. If that's the case, he's definitely DOA in the POs. 🧐

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Wouldn't the battles that flopped (i.e. Ciana/Denisha and José/Awari) be the prime candidates for being montaged? Based on the S18 format, they only need to montage 2 battles anyways. Ciana lost her KO so she follows your idea of KO losers getting their battle montaged. But I wouldn't be surprised if José gets double-montaged à la Van in S19, since Raine flopped hard. 🧐

Oh, Ciana vs. Denisha will definitely be a prime candidate for a montage.  Both of them hugely flopped (more thanks to John's lame-ass song choice for them than Ciana and Denisha themselves), and it was a big mess.  But as has been said, they'll probably show Awari vs. Jose will likely be shown since they have to show Jose in at least one post-Blinds round.

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I honestly think that they'll montage both his battle and his KO. Sources liked neither. If that's the case, he's definitely DOA in the POs. 🧐

They´ll probably autotune his battle, and montage his KO. We have had double montages that made to the lives before, but this is a short season, so I while don´t think they´ll do it, TPTB can be ruthless, so perhaps there´s a chance.

2 minutes ago, Rodney said:

But as has been said, they'll probably show Awari vs. Jose will likely be shown since they have to show Jose in at least one post-Blinds round.

Technically, they don't have to do anything. It's their show and TPTB can do what they feel like, even if they morally shouldn't. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I don't see any other possible KO montages besides Jose vs Raine. They seem to be the only one where neither was great. (Pete vs Andrew could've been a candidate if it didn't result in a steal)

• istersay locked and unlocked this topic