The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, MulherPepita said:

Ok, I just read that we cannot post spoilers on this thread until s19 ends. I'm sad because we already know everything about s19 so I wouldn't mind discovering what is going to happen in the next season. 

I agree can we at least post Blinds stuff and maybe that all

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MulherPepita said:

Ok, I just read that we cannot post spoilers on this thread until s19 ends. I'm sad because we already know everything about s19 so I wouldn't mind discovering what is going to happen in the next season. 

I agree.  I mean what is the point.  Seriously, why the desire to control the timing of the narrative?  TBH except for protecting their own self importance I don't see a logical point. 

I'm down with posting what ya got...when ya get it.   Other sites will and that will just serve to hurt this site.   That's not a good thing.

#censorshipsucksinanyform  #thisaintnationalsecurity

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I agree.  I mean what is the point.  Seriously, why the desire to control the timing of the narrative?  TBH except for protecting their own self importance I don't see a logical point. 

I'm down with posting what ya got...when ya get it.   Other sites will and that will just serve to hurt this site.   That's not a good thing.

Forgive my rambling here:

Ok so by this point (the day of blinds) over the past several seasons, we could have hypothetically shared dozens and dozens of potential names. I think we had almost 100 a few seasons back before the blinds even started. COVID has forced the contestants into quarantine and they're not interacting with each other or following each other - which is how we are normally able to get the majority of names. In the past, people have found names before we shared them and followed them and it wasn't a big deal because it was really only a few people and none of the contestants' posting frequency/style/habits/whatever changed as a result.

Sources were harder to come by in previous seasons during the pre-taped seasons because obviously it was just LA natives who weren't usually massive fans like the IDF audience and weren't intimidated by the non-disclosure stuff. Sometimes they'd take days, while the virtual blinds sources are coming from all over the country and, if we're as lucky as last season, will give info just minutes after a taping, sometimes with names or songs, other times with vague descriptions of what a person looked or sounded like to help us ID the person when they couldn't understand the name.

Finding names last season was HARD and this season is 100% worse. We had maybe 30 names last season, which was already super low.  This season, we have 4 potential names. 4 - and they have no connections to each other. We barely found a fourth one last night. Literally none of them follow each other or anything, we found them all by chance. The sources are gonna be our key to identifying people this season in the first place and knowing that followers/following lists is how we ID most people, and also knowing the way that people flooded the forums and followed people immediately once the names dropped (some literally got a couple dozen within an hour after we dropped the S19 list) - dropping names ASAP when we've barely been able to follow anyone at all in the first place will cause chaos for the group of people trying to find names.

So anyway, my request that people don't share the info right on the thread is really just so they don't flood the social media accounts and make what has already been an already complicated process (turned even MORE complicated by COVID) into an even harder process. I'm not a mod here, I have no power, I'm literally just a user. I can't enforce anything or whatever. And it's true, people will probably find contestants on their own or post them on Twitter or somewhere else. And that's fine. For better or worse, IDF is generally the hub that users flock to when there's information. I'm just asking people to not cause chaos and please refrain from spreading the word here. The more people see a name on here, the more likely they'll flock to the accounts and make it harder for the team versus if it's a random post on Twitter.

Yes, my "not posting spoilers until the end of season 19" is just giving myself and the crew a timeline for us to follow up on speculated contestants, spoilers, etc. and we might even end up doing it earlier than that. We're pretty much just asking... because we know the people here don't have negative intentions when they mass follow the contestants or anything... just keep it chill for a bit while we sort things out. We were able to give y'all super quick info last season because the chair turners stayed in LA and everything went super quickly and conveniently. This season, contestants aren't staying until battles and that's more chaos. I hate the word "unprecedented" now but there's a lot of unprecedented stuff with this season in particular in regards to spoiler hunting, so we just need some time to clarify stuff.

Now with my customer service voice off, I'll say this - if we can get a full/near full top 40 list, y'all can definitely expect it way before the end of the season. We wouldn't have any reasons to withhold a full top 40 from IDF unless NBC directly threatened us lol.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

i suspect that the reason for this is that they want to confirm names as well perhaps? releasing names and then having them be wrong would be pretty frustrating i think.

I get the frustration with some people having information and not others, but people need to chill with the accusations. Organizing takes time, breathe. 

Anyways I'm just over here trying to decide if that looks like the voice dressing room in Alicia's story 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ok so by this point (the day of blinds) over the past several seasons, we could have hypothetically shared dozens and dozens of potential names. I think we had almost 100 a few seasons back before the blinds even started. COVID has forced the contestants into quarantine and they're not interacting with each other or following each other - which is how we are normally able to get the majority of names. In the past, people have found names before we shared them and followed them and it wasn't a big deal because it was really only a few people and none of the contestants' posting frequency/style/habits/whatever changed as a result.

Sources were harder to come by in previous seasons during the pre-taped seasons because obviously it was just LA natives who weren't usually massive fans like the IDF audience and weren't intimidated by the non-disclosure stuff. Sometimes they'd take days, while the virtual blinds sources are coming from all over the country and, if we're as lucky as last season, will give info just minutes after a taping, sometimes with names or songs, other times with vague descriptions of what a person looked or sounded like to help us ID the person when they couldn't understand the name.

Finding names last season was HARD and this season is 100% worse. We had maybe 30 names last season, which was already super low.  This season, we have 4 potential names. 4 - and they have no connections to each other. We barely found a fourth one last night. Literally none of them follow each other or anything, we found them all by chance. The sources are gonna be our key to identifying people this season in the first place and knowing that followers/following lists is how we ID most people, and also knowing the way that people flooded the forums and followed people immediately once the names dropped (some literally got a couple dozen within an hour after we dropped the S19 list) - dropping names ASAP when we've barely been able to follow anyone at all in the first place will cause chaos for the group of people trying to find names.

So anyway, my request that people don't share the info right on the thread is really just so they don't flood the social media accounts and make what has already been an already complicated process (turned even MORE complicated by COVID) into an even harder process. I'm not a mod here, I have no power, I'm literally just a user. I can't enforce anything or whatever. And it's true, people will probably find contestants on their own or post them on Twitter or somewhere else. And that's fine. For better or worse, IDF is generally the hub that users flock to when there's information. I'm just asking people to not cause chaos and please refrain from spreading the word here. The more people see a name on here, the more likely they'll flock to the accounts and make it harder for the team versus if it's a random post on Twitter.

Yes, my "not posting spoilers until the end of season 19" is just giving myself and the crew a timeline for us to follow up on speculated contestants, spoilers, etc. and we might even end up doing it earlier than that. We're pretty much just asking... because we know the people here don't have negative intentions when they mass follow the contestants or anything... just keep it chill for a bit while we sort things out. We were able to give y'all super quick info last season because the chair turners stayed in LA and everything went super quickly and conveniently. This season, contestants aren't staying until battles and that's more chaos. I hate the word "unprecedented" now but there's a lot of unprecedented stuff with this season in particular in regards to spoiler hunting, so we just need some time to clarify stuff.

Now with my customer service voice off, I'll say this - if we can get a full/near full top 40 list, y'all can definitely expect it way before the end of the season. We wouldn't have any reasons to withhold a full top 40 from IDF unless NBC directly threatened us lol.

Just an FYI, but even though they were quarantined, they were interacting with each other quite a bit, via Zoom, Skype or whatever, according to Taryn. For whatever reason, they just weren’t following each other until AFTER reveal day. Maybe they were instructed to do it that way. Or...maybe they’ve caught on to our methods of finding them. 

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Just an FYI, but even though they were quarantined, they were interacting with each other quite a bit, via Zoom, Skype or whatever, according to Taryn. For whatever reason, they just weren’t following each other until AFTER reveal day. Maybe they were instructed to do it that way. Or...maybe they’ve caught on to our methods of finding them. 

Yeah it definitely seems like the case. I know Taryn wasn't in our initial group of 30ish last season but I had stumbled upon her via somebody's account (you don't forget a last name like Papa lol) but I don't remember whose.

2 minutes ago, Ronald13 said:

I agree on not sharing the names, but at the end of the week, If you just share the song choices and chair turns, I think everybody Will be happy and Will not cause problem with the contestants as we won't know who they are.

Yes I agree with this @Someone648 can we do this???

9 minutes ago, Ronald13 said:

I agree on not sharing the names, but at the end of the week, If you just share the song choices and chair turns, I think everybody Will be happy and Will not cause problem with the contestants as we won't know who they are.

i think another part of it is also making sure the information is correct, and i think they'd have to do cross-checking and such to make sure that it is.

13 minutes ago, Ronald13 said:

It'll be dependent on the info we have at the time, but it also feels like baiting to give the songs and info without names.

If we'd posted that there was a 4-chair that sang Un-Break My Heart I know there's plenty of people who would've been stressed trying to figure out who that was lol.

4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

i think another part of it is also making sure the information is correct, and i think they'd have to do cross-checking and such to make sure that it is.

Yes, after the little fiasco I caused in season 17 by not cross checking... I just make sure to cross check as best as I can now lol.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I get your point about not harassing contestants and that is a valid concern.  IMHO that should be the restraint emphasis....the information itself not so much.

I can't follow how knowing which contestants appeared on the streamed episodes makes it incrementally harder to know who they are.  All the blinds are going to be streamed starting today and almost everyone will be known because IDF members (several members announced they had tickets) and others watched.  How does that make it harder to find S20 contestants? 

9 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I get your point about not harassing contestants and that is a valid concern.  IMHO that should be the restraint emphasis....the information itself not so much.

I can't follow how knowing which contestants appeared on the streamed episodes makes it incrementally harder to know who they are.  All the blinds are going to be streamed starting today and almost everyone will be known because IDF members (several members announced they had tickets) and others watched.  How does that make it harder to find S20 contestants? 

The flocking to the accounts is a big part of the concern, them removing and hiding information (and covers for that matter...) is another bit of it. My language in that message is a lot firmer than I intended it to be, just need to be firm for any potential newcomers that arrive to IDF just trying to spoil all the info at once/cause trouble lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, katybay said:

Attending the first taping today, are we atleast allowed to spoil the judges lololol???

Yes. Everyone is allowed to post whatever they want. 

See, that's what this unwritten "only op is allowed to post spoilers here" rule does... It discourages people from sharing info here.¬†ūüėź

Edited by echoap

• istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay unpinned this topic