The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

26 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Yes he would :wub:

I wonder if he would get PV regardless.

LOL it would be iconic

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

What would be worse, that or a Sam Hunt song?

no idea who sam hunt is but i unironically think that a difficult to sing country song is worse than a non-genre fit because hardcore fans will probably be annoyed/frustrated that he messed up an important/meaningful/big country song. so i actually think that there are worse choices than despacito.

Also, I listened to one cover of Kenzie's BA song, and I didn't like it and didn't think it was impressive. I listened to another cover, and it was excellent. I might become a fan of him on the show, but whether or not I do support him, I suspect that I'll have at the very least a respect for him, like I did for Jake—both good country singers, though I expect to prefer some other contestant to Kenzie as I did in Season 17, preferring Rose to Jake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

LOL it would be iconic

no idea who sam hunt is but i unironically think that a difficult to sing country song is worse than a non-genre fit because hardcore fans will probably be annoyed/frustrated that he messed up an important/meaningful/big country song. so i actually think that there are worse choices than despacito.

Sam Hunt is a bad R&B singer who has managed to have his music labeled as country. He’s had a lot of success, but the age group that likes him doesn’t watch this show.  

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Maybe he'll pull a Craig Wayne Boyd. As long as he's paired against Kenzie, I can see that happening.

That's a likely scenario, but if he underperforms, Blake might pass on him again.

There's also the possibility that he passes on Ethan as well and takes his S17 route: focusing on a non country frontrunner (Cam)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I'm curious to see what will happen with Avery. As far as I'm concerned, he's not 100% in, but I wouldnt count his elimination yet.

Right now I’m thinking of the tiny possibility of Kelly actually dropping Kenzie for Avery just so Nick can steal him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Right now I’m thinking of the tiny possibility of Kelly actually dropping Kenzie for Avery just so Nick can steal him. 

That would be the most shameless bone throwing TPTB had even done if they actually go that route. But the thing is that Nick was actually a good fit for Thunderstorm, whereas he might cost Kenzie the show if he steals him.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That's a likely scenario, but if he underperforms, Blake might pass on him again.

There's also the possibility that he passes on Ethan as well and takes his S17 route: focusing on a non country frontrunner (Cam)

Maybe this strategy used to work before but now that other coaches jumped on the country train (even John last season) it would be a mistake to not have a country artist in his final 3 imo.

Just now, Misirlou said:

He's great. I don't think we should sleep on him. He's the Team Blake dark horse.

Hoping for a S17 style Blake final team with no country artists. Drop Ethan in the KO's and let Kelly keep Avery for the PO's and we can have a Cam vs Pete top 2. 🙂

• Like 3