The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, snoopy2003 said:

Y’all do know that the contestants choose their own songs in the Knockouts, right? 

That's a myth, usually they are given a few songs to choose from or just straight up given a song and turn it in as "their own choice" on camera.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 5

Just now, snoopy2003 said:

Kelsie chose that song!!

Her sister (or cousin, I don´t remember) responded to a comment on the Madeline vs Kelsie video saying that she didn´t choose that song, they gave it to her.

And no, contestants can´t choose their own songs randomly (first of all, because they don´t have the license for every song in the world), they get a list of songs to choose or in certain cases they are just assigned a song, depending on what TPTB wants to do.

Numerous contestants have said after the show that they didn´t pick their KO song. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Nope, Kelsie was given that song. She confirmed this on a IG livestream. She wanted to sing "The Joke" or something emotional and TPTB basically told her to be angry and sing "You Oughta Know". 🙄

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Her sister (or cousin, I don´t remember) responded to a comment on the Madeline vs Kelsie video saying that she didn´t choose that song, they gave it to her.

And no, contestants can´t choose their own songs randomly (first of all, because they don´t have the license for every song in the world), they get a list of songs to choose or in certain cases they are just assigned a song, depending on what TPTB wants to do.

Numerous contestants have said after the show that they didn´t pick their KO song. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Her sister (or cousin, I don't remember) responded to a comment on the Madeline vs Kelsie video saying that she didn´t choose that song, they gave it to her.

It was her husband Brandon lol 😂

OG comment: "WHY WOULD U CHOOSE THIS SONG? Alanis is all grit, she was a mini Celine which is pure technical prowess. Sorry but it’s on her. And it was not even well sung or the vocals well arranged."

Brandon: "You are misinformed. If you think she chose Alanis you’re mistaken. #imherhusband!"

Edited by disney1024
  • Thanks 7

Just now, disney1024 said:

It was her husband Brandon lol 😂

OG comment: "WHY WOULD U CHOOSE THIS SONG? Alanis is all grit, she was a mini Celine which is pure technical prowess. Sorry but it’s on her. And it was not even well sung or the vocals well arranged."

Brandon: "You are misinformed. If you think she chose Alanis you’re mistaken. #imherhusband!"

I believe her sister did the same for a YouTube comment. 🤔 

• Like 1