Jump to content

The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

I'm actually honestly confused: 

 

Monday they have Ellen game of Games in the 8pm Monday slot, and the Wall in the 9pm slot (starting Jan 11th). The Wall has a 20 episode order. 

 

Tuesday they then have Zoey's Extraordinary playlist which should have a full season 12+ episodes, and This is Us which should have about 14 episodes remaining in the season

 

Unless they move time-slots around or the wall/GoG takes a break, there isn't room for the voice on Monday's until April. Tuesday would open end of March. 

 

Anyways we already know it's only ten contestants per coach, which probably means the same blinds/battles/KO as this season. Looks like shortened lives again too. :(

Edited by seak05
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All I've said is to please keep the spoilers off this very public thread that everyone (IDF users, random people w/o accounts, trolls, and most importantly NBC execs) have full access to until later o

Nick.   

Somehow this thread escalated from: "posting spoilers will complicate further access to spoilers" to "posting spoilers will hurt/eliminate the artists" really quick.    What's next, posting

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I would like to know what blackmail tape Ellen has on NBC execs, it must be good. 

 

NBC winter 2021 lineup:

 

MONDAY, JAN. 4
8 pm Ellen’s Game of Games (Season premiere)
9 pm Ellen’s Game of Games
10 pm The Wall (Season premiere)

TUESDAY, JAN. 5
8 pm Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (Season premiere)
9 pm This Is Us
10 pm Nurses (new timeslot)

Full article & premeire dates https://tvline.com/2020/11/20/nbc-midseason-winter-schedule-zoeys-extraordinary-playlist-season-2/

 

26 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ellen brings them the most money I think.

But hopefully they have Game of Games wrap up before the time Season 20 premieres so we don't have to deal with the awful S18 pre-COVID format...

i'm surprised that ellen brings them the most money, especially with her recent scandal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

 

i'm surprised that ellen brings them the most money, especially with her recent scandal.

Even with the scandal and the plummeting viewership, it's still a big enough audience to keep her going. At least throughout this season. And we don't know the extent of her contracts with NBC anyways.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I'm actually honestly confused: 

 

Monday they have Ellen game of Games in the 8pm Monday slot, and the Wall in the 9pm slot (starting Jan 11th). The Wall has a 20 episode order. 

 

Tuesday they then have Zoey's Extraordinary playlist which should have a full season 12+ episodes, and This is Us which should have about 14 episodes remaining in the season

 

Unless they move time-slots around or the wall/GoG takes a break, there isn't room for the voice on Monday's until April. Tuesday would open end of March. 

 

Anyways we already know it's only ten contestants per coach, which probably means the same blinds/battles/KO as this season. Looks like shortened lives again too. :(

I'm sure things will shuffle around and it won't delay too much, if at all. They'll probably get a proper premiere week at the end of February but the scheduling for the rest of the season is up in the air.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Even with the scandal and the plummeting viewership, it's still a big enough audience to keep her going. At least throughout this season. And we don't know the extent of her contracts with NBC anyways.

The ratings for game of games aren't great, especially this fall, but it's probably cheap to produce. The ratings for the wall are even worse. The voice easily pulls higher ratings then most of these shows, but it's also probably more expensive to produce due to having to pay four coaches 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2020 at 7:42 PM, seak05 said:

to add to what @TeamAudrashe also gets performance slots and promo on other nbc shows as well. Also I don't think she was a fill in this season

Nick decided not to do the season and the producers went to their go-to-gal Gwen. She has been a fill-in every season since her first season on the show. In an interview a couple of years ago Gwen said she enjoys being on the show and would love to be a regular, but she's only asked when other coaches take seasons off. She laughed and made light of this, but come on, everyone knows she's a fill in. (Of course she needs that paycheck, so I'm sure she'll keep coming back whenever they need someone :haha:)

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Ptones2010 said:

Nick decided not to do the season and the producers went to their go-to-gal Gwen. She has been a fill-in every season since her first season on the show. In an interview a couple of years ago Gwen said she enjoys being on the show and would love to be a regular, but she's only asked when other coaches take seasons off. She laughed and made light of this, but come on, everyone knows she's a fill in. (Of course she needs that paycheck, so I'm sure she'll keep coming back whenever they need someone :haha:)

ugh gwen deserves better, she's an icon and they should treat her like one!!

Edited by ashwinner
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, guyhelios said:

ok...I admit that now I am confused! Thought it was announced that Nick was returning Season 20. Now he's not??? What's the deal? or did I miss something here? 😕

He's confirmed. We're just talking about the confusion about the premiere date (which we don't know) and simultaneously discussing why Nick didn't appear for S19.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...