The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

Meanwhile, some former Voice contestants (Ava August, Caroline Sky and Jason Warrior) auditioned for that other singing competition show that actually produces stars 😂

The only one that has been shown in a promo is Jason Warrior, so we’ll see how they do. 😅

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, none of the recent winners have done anything. Gabby Barrett is doing really well though, but she just got lucky with a hit song and didn’t even win the show. :giggle:

Tbf, Idol at least tries. Can’t say the same for The Voice (but it has never been about the contestants so...)

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

That’s because 19Recordings signed him. It’s their label.

Still, I don’t see the Voice promoting any of their alums’ new singles, even if they’re signed to the Voice’s label. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Bk1234

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Still, I don’t see the Voice promoting any of their alums’ new singles, even if they’re signed to the Voice’s label. 🤷‍♂️ 

The Voice doesn’t have a label. Republic Records is the label they have a contract with. 19R is literally owned by the people who make Idol.

That’s always been the difference between the 2 shows. Idol has skin in the game, but the Voice does not. 

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Oh ok, I didn’t know that first part. Thanks. :thumbs:

Back when they did studio recordings, the Voice made money off that. And if an artist sings an original song ON THE SHOW, they have to give up the rights. But once they leave the show, the Voice gets no monetary benefit from anything that Republic Records does (or doesn’t) do for an artist.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Well, seems like there´s no promo today.

Well Atleast they got team Blake out of the way. I think that was the last of the s19 compilations/content. Atleast we know now everything moving foward will be strictly for S20.

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, echoap said:

Meanwhile, some former Voice contestants (Ava August, Caroline Sky and Jason Warrior) auditioned for that other singing competition show that actually produces stars 😂

This is like his millionth time on a singing competition lol

• Haha 13

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

For the people that were on Taping 1 in blinds, @Angelbright, @SpoilerGod,  was Cam good with "Lay Me Down"? Did he sing it like the original? I apologize if you have said it prior by the way, I haven´t read everything.

Along with Dana and Kenzie, he had the most consistent strongest praise across my sources from taping 1 - so I'd think it's safe to say he was at least very good.

• Thanks 8