The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

28 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Kenzie was a four-chair turn with three blocks. Avery was a four-chair turn that made the coaches fight like hell. I'm sure they both did great lol 😂

Ok so I'm gonna ask whoever attends the taping that Kenzie's battle is at (I'd assume the first taping but obviously we don't know for sure) to mention if the coaches comment about a triple steal. If they don't mention anything, I'm going to assume the BA sources misinterpreted something because apparently none of the coaches mentioned it and I'll remove it lol

30 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Kenzie was a four-chair turn with three blocks. Avery was a four-chair turn that made the coaches fight like hell. I'm sure they both did great lol 😂

I just hope both of them are on DeSz's trajectory not on Tamara's. Both Desz and Tamara were hyped but Desz delivered and Tamara didn't(Still wasn't bad though).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Ok so I'm gonna ask whoever attends the taping that Kenzie's battle is at (I'd assume the first taping but obviously we don't know for sure) to mention if the coaches comment about a triple steal. If they don't mention anything, I'm going to assume the BA sources misinterpreted something because apparently none of the coaches mentioned it and I'll remove it lol

Right, if they retaped, it could have been for other reasons. However, it is entirely possible that it wasn't mentioned because the producers didn't want to air it or something? I think that's kind of unlikely but they could have communicated that in a way that the viewers didn't see maybe? Not sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Not much on what the coaches said, but I’ll share some of the sources’ thoughts: 

-LOTS (and I mean lots) of Kyla Jade comparisons from the sources. 
-Most sources agreed that she was the best of the taping. 

-One said she was good, but the song choice was only scratching the surface of her talent. 
-Dana shocked everyone by picking Nick over John.

OMG YASSSSS!!! So finally we are gonna get a Diva vocalist who is as strong as Kyla.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Right, if they retaped, it could have been for other reasons. However, it is entirely possible that it wasn't mentioned because the producers didn't want to air it or something? I think that's kind of unlikely but they could have communicated that in a way that the viewers didn't see maybe? Not sure.

I'm pretty sure that it's already an established rule that only one block can be used per audition. If the triple block isn't a hoax, John and Nick just screwed up because they weren't aware that a block had already been used on Kenzie lol 😂

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I'm pretty sure that it's already an established rule that only one block can be used per audition. If the triple block isn't a hoax, John and Nick just screwed up because they weren't aware that a block had already been used on Kenzie lol 😂

i think it's very possible that it just hasn't happened yet. i would have expected that they did it for the drama, but if they didn't wanna air it, then??? im confused

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

According to my sources...
-Kelly said she didn’t turn because she knew she didn’t stand a chance once John turned (lame excuse. :/)

You surprised at that?  Just like that man was the king of lame excuses for not turning, Kelly is the queen of them.  Hell, she gave that same excuse for why she didn't turn for Calvin Lockett in season seventeen (she also thought that John was basically all but guaranteed to be his choice), but lo and behold, Gwen won him over, instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

You attended taping 1?

no. i mean when i heard his ig covers. i'm not even from the us lol, i WISH i could've attended taping 1 😅

Edited by FloorWax
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I disliked Gean's tone when I first heard it, but it's actually growing on me.

He´s a very " love it or hate it" tone like John Holiday does. I don´t think he´ll be as controversial as him, but he´ll definitely have some detractors accusing him of sounding like a girl or being too nasal. I personally dig his tone.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

He´s a very " love it or hate it" tone like John Holiday does. I don´t think he´ll be as controversial as him, but he´ll definitely have some detractors accusing him of sounding like a girl or being too nasal. I personally dig his tone.

He's actually one of the more interesting people in this group. I'll take that as a plus. 

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

Hell, she gave that same excuse for why she didn't turn for Calvin Lockett in season seventeen

Which reminds me that a source compared Victor to Calvin. 

5 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

OMG YASSSSS!!! So finally we are gonna get a Diva vocalist who is as strong as Kyla.

Hype responsibly. Let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment again. 

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Which reminds me that a source compared Victor to Calvin. 

Interesting. I definitely think Victor has a stronger voice from what I´ve seen.

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Hype responsibly. Let’s not set ourselves up for disappointment again. 

Also it´s interesting how things have changed on IDF when it comes to Dana. Everyone was saying she was underwhelming at first, and all of a sudden there´s loads of comments about her being the best on the taping lol. I´m looking forward to hearing her. If she was underwhelming, remember Kyla didn´t take off until the KOs, but unlike her Dana better make an impression from the get go given that it´s probably going to be a short season again.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

unlike her Dana better make an impression from the get go given that it´s probably going to be a short season again.

That’s my worry. Her Facebook cover of “Freeway of Love” was good, but it was clear she was withholding some vocal power. Dana is smart, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she picked “Freeway of Love” for that reason (think Cami Clune, who really started to show her vocal power in her knockout.) I expect Dana to have a good audition, but really slay in the knockouts.

Edited by Bk1234

24 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

When do you guys think the next promo will be released?

Hopefully in these days  till we wait for battle spoilers. First look is usually released two weeks prior to the premiere, but with this crazy schedule that released a promo before reveal day and still has all 40 contestants in the competition, I have no clue.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Según mis fuentes ...
-Blake, Nick y John dijeron que hay muchas posibilidades de que gane la temporada.

-Kelly dijo que no se volvió porque sabía que no tenía ninguna posibilidad una vez que John se volvió (excusa poco convincente ) .: /

-Victor dijo en broma que se iba a sacudir y recogió a John.

:wub: