The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

The blocks were used pretty effectively this season. Both Kenzie and Cam got blocked from their idols lol 😂

This is why the blocks bug me. It’s the contestants who get screwed, granted that’s par for the course for this show.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Wow this is a lot lol. Any chance you have details like this on Dana’s?

My source said they mostly remembered the performance and not really anything about the coaches’ comments. They did mention that it was a surprise/shock when she picked Nick over John though. 😅

30 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Who says Blake is Kenzie’s idol? 

I know his album has pop country and bro sounding songs, but has he actually covered a song in that nature on his IG? Because all I see there is old school country, so I would be sure that he´s not a Blake Shelton fan, who has some bro country songs himself.

On the other hand, if I was a country artist and got four chair, there´s no doubt I would pick Blake, even if I don´t like his music.

Edited by Misirlou

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I know his album has pop country and bro sounding songs, but has he actually covered a song in that nature on his IG? Because all I see there is old school country, so I would be sure that he´s not a Blake Shelton fan, who has some bro country songs himself.

On the other hand, if I was a country artist and got four chair, there´s no doubt I would pick Blake, even if I don´t like his music.

He definitely has bro country songs on his ig, and he’s performed them (Blake’s not actually bro country, but he’s also not old school country). 

Mullet, and look alike aside, I doubt Blake is Kenzie’s idol, but he was almost certainly his top choice. Perhaps that would’ve been the better way to put it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seak05 said:

He definitely has bro country songs on his ig, and he’s performed them (Blake’s not actually bro country, but he’s also not old school country). 

I see. And about Blake, yeah he´s not really bro country, but he has a couple of songs that fit that area. I´d say "Austin" is the closest he´s ever got to old school.

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Mullet, and look alike aside, I doubt Blake is Kenzie’s idol, but he was almost certainly his top choice. Perhaps that would’ve been the better way to put it.

Yeah, I´m pretty sure he was going to pick Blake had he had the chance. But I´m also almost certain that he will take the old school route, aka Travis Tritt, Strait, Jones, etc. 

Hace 1 hora, seak05 dijo:

Es por eso que los bloques me molestan. Son los concursantes los que se joden, dado que eso es parte del curso de este programa.

Same feeling. It's sad to see someone lose the opportunity to work with an idol or artist they appreciate.

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Oh wow, those poor contestants stuck at the hotel.

Something must also be very wrong

I haven't been keeping up with the contestants' social media but it seems like everybody's posting normally I suppose? Unless someone can tell me otherwise lol. I know last season the contestants were out and about in the hotel area. Payge and Liam for example took some photos in the parking lot/out at a park or something and it seems like the contestants were allowed to go out for walks and whatnot (after their immediate quarantine of course).

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

This is why the blocks bug me. It’s the contestants who get screwed, granted that’s par for the course for this show.

Not necessarily. Unless they're vain, the contestants often don't expect to turn a chair, let alone the chair of their preferred coach. Every chair turn is a blessing for them and they'll take whatever they can get, regardless of if it's 1 chair or all 4. Besides, in a way, having a coach use their block for your audition is kinda like external validation that whatever you're doing is working. 😌 

Edited by disney1024

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So they are shooting KOs 8 days before the actual premiere, interesting. I'm sure this has to be the final date change, since they already announced the premiere date, unless they actually change that as well.

I don't think they can change that. The show will air on March 1st. TPTB/NBC released the premiere date and the news is literally everywhere. NBC won't let them postpone it because it will look bad on both the show and the network. 😬