The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

1 hour ago, Minhtam said:

Let me put it this way.

We don't know when battles and KO's will be taped, but we anticipate that they will be taped sometime in January so that they will be prepared for a late February or early March debut.  That means we have a whole THREE months when the battles begin.

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.  Whether it's their own fault, the fault of their family members, or the fault of said zealot, this artist is now growing a fan following on the internet because of their ties to The Voice.  This could be looked at as an unfair advantage to the rest of the competition, trying to solicit fans to vote for said artist on the Voice two full conpetition rounds before TPTB gives artists permission to reveal that they auditioned for the Voice.  In that case, do you really think NBC is going to let that person continue in the competition?  Wouldn't it make more sense if they straight up disqualified the contestant before the battle rounds started?

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

Us concealing the spoilers isn't just us trying to adhere to the NDA and not get fined.  We're trying to protect the artists too, so we can celebrate when we do get to see their blinds and battles and knockouts and beyond.

Was that really what happened tho? I always thought her sudden disappearance was super strange (And Cody Ray's was even stranger)

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1
  • Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Misirlou

• Bk1234

• disney1024

• QueenCami

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

Kenzie Wheeler and MacKenzie Wheeler

I didn’t put this in the Voice Fans Say the Darndest Things Thread because it contains spoilers...   Deion Warren and Durell are gorgeous guys that went home in the battles and should be min

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

All I want to know is why they switch John and Nick's chairs lol? I don't really care for spoilers now, I have Season 19's, I just hope the chemistry is better and a more watchable season than 18's.

If I have to make a theory on that, it's probably because Kelly and Nick had so many head-to-head battles in the Blind Auditions.  So they swapped John and Nick so that the Kelly v. Nick battles optically look better on screen, especially given chairs are as spread apart as you currently see in Season 19.

You might not really think optics are a big deal, but they make a pretty damn big difference.  The reason why Adam got the left-most chair for 16 seasons is because he's left handed.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Hey! Haven’t been on here since I attended Sunday’s taping lol. Not going to say any spoilers but all imma say is we got someone that sounds extremely similar to Kyla Jade. Range, power,vocals. 

Get that woman on Blake's team and give her the win! AA-Female winner incoming! (I'm delusional, but one can hope)

Just don't buss her with a Garth Brooks throwaway original in the Finale.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1
On 10/30/2020 at 6:44 AM, Minhtam said:

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

I think NBC will not do this part like forcing an artist to quit. tbh The spoiler will not mean anything until it is shown on National TV. 

I was not really impressed though with Hannah Goebel's Audition.

I think the main reason she left is because Alicia Keys is not her coach.

About Cody Ray, I think he doesn't really want Kelly as a coach because he wants a male coach like Adam and he just chose Kelly because only JHud and Kelly turned. When he finally had a chance to move to other team Kelly insist and still pick him to move knowing that can be stolen. I think that's really the main reason.

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think NBC will not do this part like forcing an artist to quit. tbh The spoiler will not mean anything until it is shown on National TV. 

About Cody Ray, I think he doesn't really want Kelly as a coach because he wants a male coach like Adam and he just chose Kelly because only JHud and Kelly turned. When he finally had a chance to move to other team Kelly insist and still pick him to move knowing that can be stolen. I think that's really the main reason.

No, they totally could.  Auditioning for the Voice requires you to sign a waiver that literally puts you at NBC's beck and call.  So if you don't play ball, they'll make you take the fall.

I'm not saying that's what really went down, because no one really knows, but we can't deny the possibility that NBC would play the DQ card in that scenario.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think your reasoning for them quitting is much unlikelier than what @Minhtam suggested. I don't think anybody would quit The Voice because they wanted a different coach. They worked so hard to get to that opportunity that they wouldn't let go of it so easily because things didn't go their way. 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think your reasoning for them quitting is much unlikelier than what @Minhtam suggested. I don't think anybody would quit The Voice because they wanted a different coach. They worked so hard to get to that opportunity that they wouldn't let go of it so easily because things didn't go their way. 

It's not impossible, because some people have their ways just to get close to their idol. Even doing something like joining the show.

I can't give an example which is related on The Voice but do you know the Hana Kimi japanese manga/anime/series. Where this girl risk getting to an all male dorm just to have this goal for his crush.

Chloe Kohanski joined the voice because she's obsessed with Miley. 

Also I remembered Nolan Neal back at S11 told he was long time obsessed with Alicia but still picked Adam.

I think these are examples but not saying left the show but on Chloe's part you can see how sad she is when she's not picked by her Idol Miley on KOs

• Like 1

Correct.  A disappearance between rounds on The Voice would have to be a much more considerably serious reason.  A rare example would be S8's Anthony Riley (R.I.P) quitting the Voice to check-in to a rehabilitation center.  I highly doubt that NBC would allow artists to audition with a record of mental health issues since Season 8 though.

So, disappearing from a competition because of a DQ seems quite likely.  Only other reason I could think of would be something medically related.

7 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

It's not impossible, because some people have their ways just to get close to their idol. Even doing something like joining the show.

I can't give an example which is related on The Voice but do you know the Hana Kimi japanese manga/anime/series. Where this girl risk getting to an all male dorm just to have this goal for his crush.

Chloe Kohanski joined the voice because she's obsessed with Miley. 

Also I remembered Nolan Neal back at S11 told he was long time obsessed with Alicia but still picked Adam.

I think these are examples but not saying left the show but on Chloe's part you can see how sad she is when she's not picked by her Idol Miley on KOs

That's an awful example to prove your point.  Anybody would be sad if their idol didn't let them through to the next round, but Chloe still went on to win Season 13 with Blake.

Edited by Minhtam
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Minhtam said:

That's an awful example to prove your point.  Anybody would be sad if their idol didn't let them through to the next round, but Chloe still went on to win Season 13 with Blake.

Okay let me ask you. Do you have any idols? Of course you have.

What will you do just to get closer to your idol? Be an avid fan go to her concert. But wait, I can sing, oh my idol is a coach on The Voice, i will join the show no matter what just to get closer to my idol.

Now do you get my point? Some people do some insane things like that.

2 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Okay let me ask you. Do you have any idols? Of course you have.

What will you do just to get closer to your idol? Be an avid fan go to her concert. But wait, I can sing, oh my idol is a coach on The Voice, i will join the show no matter what just to get closer to my idol.

Now do you get my point? Some people do some insane things like that.

Do I have any idols?  Sure.

Would I do anything to get closer to my idol?  No.  Because then the idol will simply see me as just another rabid fan.  My strategy is to treat them like they're just another human being who happened to do amazing things in their career.  If I don't do that, I only get to hang out with my idol for like 5 minutes.  I wanna hang out with my idol in such a way that they wouldn't be my idol anymore, but a friend.

Edited by Minhtam
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

Do I have any idols?  Sure.

Would I do anything to get closer to my idol?  No.  Because then the idol will simply see me as just another rabid fan.  My strategy is to treat them like they're just another human being who happened to do amazing things in their career.  If I don't do that, I only get to hang out with my idol for like 5 minutes.  I wanna hang out with my idol in such a way that they wouldn't be my idol anymore, but a friend.

I get your point but we are talking about how these artists quits the show because they can't go far or be a friend with them.

On Hannah Goebel's departure I'm not conviced that they made her quit.

Here is their battle recorded.

This is good. Tbh I'm impressed with this I think the producers will not cut something as good like her just because of a spoiler. We all know the show has a purpose to be watched and for it to have more viewer. So cutting someone is a loss. That's why I think it's unlikely.

Edited by Jyn Mycle
Adden Infos
2 hours ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Hey! Haven’t been on here since I attended Sunday’s taping lol. Not going to say any spoilers but all imma say is we got someone that sounds extremely similar to Kyla Jade. Range, power,vocals. 

tom holland no spoilers GIF by Twitter

Just to stay safe, I’d advise not dropping hints either. @Someone648, what’s your take on this? 

Edited by Bk1234
1 hour ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Guys is this true???

Tbh this comment on Youtube is really disturbing.

IMG_20201031_092744.jpg

As far as I know, this is not true at all.  Some people just feel the need to spread all kinds of false rumors just to get the likes and attention.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

As far as I know, this is not true at all.  Some people just feel the need to spread all kinds of false rumors just to get the likes and attention.

I mean, it’s good for NBC I guess... 😅

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I mean, it’s good for NBC I guess... 😅

No, it's not.  If that dude just happened to be some random who wanted the likes and attention and just happened to find out that Nick and John really did swap chairs, NBC can't do jack about it.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

No, it's not.  If that dude just happened to be some random who wanted the likes and attention and just happened to find out that Nick and John really did swap chairs, NBC can't do jack about it.

Oh right, I didn’t look at it that way. 😅

Edited by Bk1234
9 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

So, spoilers will not be posted yet. But we can have a group message here. I have learned that in your DM's you can add people in your chat but I don't know the limit. 

We can do that for the mean time instead of this Thread.

That's a good idea. Maybe have a "Spoiler group messaging" with a couple of people to maintain the message board. People then can request to be added to the message group. 

12 hours ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Someone mentioned a 4 chair male country singer some pages ago and now we get to know about a Diva.

Nice. It's good to know that we're gonna get some refreshing acts next season :haha:

• Haha 7
10 hours ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Guys is this true???

Tbh this comment on Youtube is really disturbing.

IMG_20201031_092744.jpg

Yeah, really disturbing. When I first heard about Nick Jonas coming back, I was unpleasantly surprised as well. 

😂

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • istersay locked this topic
  • istersay unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic
  • istersay locked and unlocked this topic