The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

18 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Wouldn´t be the first time. 

Does Cam follow Blake as well? I checked his follows and I don´t recall seeing Blake there.

Yeah, he follows Chevel (they worked together on an acting project earlier this year) and Carter, but not his own coach. Other than that, I don’t even recognize the names on the verified accounts he follows.

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

My issue is passing off pop music as country, so I have to be fair and say that applies to Maren as well. 

Pop-country has always been a thing, the question is sort of where do you draw the line. Kane is pretty far out, FGL (who isn't country at all) is further, Maren is probably slightly closer in then Kane. I don't know that her (or Kane really) are any further out then 90% of the artists currently played on country radio. But also sorry for the thread drift. 

I think Maren would be a good advisor for Kelly, she has a foot in a few different musical worlds. She's also another one who auditioned for the voice (also AGT and Idol)

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

Pop-country has always been a thing, the question is sort of where do you draw the line. Kane is pretty far out, FGL (who isn't country at all) is further, Maren is probably slightly closer in then Kane. I don't know that her (or Kane really) are any further out then 90% of the artists currently played on country radio. But also sorry for the thread drift. 

I think Maren would be a good advisor for Kelly, she has a foot in a few different musical worlds. She's also another one who auditioned for the voice (also AGT and Idol)

I think we’re all pretty set in our ways at this point. I don’t like any of those you mentioned, and I don’t listen to country radio at all. I’m not opposed to listening to an album once or twice, like I did with Maren’s first album. I’ll give just about anyone a shot, including those with pop elements in their country music. I listened to Taryn’s EP several times, and that’s really pop. I like it.  I also listened to Kenzie’s album, and did not like it at all. If he sings songs like that on the show, I will bail in a heartbeat. 

Edited by TeamAudra

Actually not only Maren Morris would be a great advisor this season, but I'm pretty sure Kelly would LOVE to have her. I'm also wishing we would see something from The Highwomen, which is exactly what the country world needs right now.  But it's a long stretch. Better than that only if Brandi Carlile herself was an advisor. I'm pretty sure Kelly would melt. 

• Haha 2

On 1/25/2021 at 7:58 PM, QueenMae16 said:

Never forgetting Lauren Hall, the robbed KO artist who should have won against Kat on Blake's team. I'll die on that hill. Kiara had potential too, but was up against Kelly bait with Shane Q. James too against John bait in Khalea. Destiny was up against Rose so RIP lmao.

i like lauren but preferred kat.

kiara is an icon and i will stay mad about her getting out in the KOs

didn't care for james.

destiny was my favorite !!! she got such a bad song choice for her ko though lmao, if she got a good one and performed as well as she did in the battles, she'd have deserved a steal imo

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

six pages of talking (since i last came on here) and not a single new thing lmao

All because Kenzie follows Maren. 

As I mentioned, he follows Kacey too. Now we’re talking! Anyone else on Team Kelly follow her? 😉

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

All because Kenzie follows Maren. 

As I mentioned, he follows Kacey too. Now we’re talking! Anyone else on Team Kelly follow her? 😉

All in favor of turning this into a Kacey Musgraves fanthread for the next 24 hours say aye?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I know you're joking but JD Casper does lol 😜

I did not know we had a contestant by that name until now. Two following Kacey from the same team, though. She would make a great advisor! She’s also friends with Kelly, so it wouldn’t be that surprising. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I did not know we had a contestant by that name until now.

He's probably Kenzie's battle fodder anyway. It it's not JD, it's probably Corey Ward, the no-chair from last season.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

He's probably Kenzie's battle fodder anyway. It it's not JD, it's probably Corey Ward, the no-chair from last season.

I personally think JD's fodder no matter who he's up against. That's just my first impression but I could be wrong. I don't think Corey doesn't has a very strong chance against most of the other contestants from what I can see (even though I do like him), but I think the comeback angle might be something they might want to play on him so maybe he got a really good battle choice or something. Corey vs. JD seems like a good possibility as well.

Whoever's up against Kenzie's hope is just a steal at this point though lol.

Also fun fact, I found JD's version of his audition song just cruising through his IG:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuRTnAOl28a/

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think both are battle fodder tbh. Whichever of the two that Kenzie isn't paired up with will most likely go against Savanna. 🧐

Moving back to actual spoiler stuff, or at least the possibility of them, I just got confirmed for the morning Battle taping on February 1.  So at least I'll be able to provide something from that taping.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10

3 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Moving back to actual spoiler stuff, or at least the possibility of them, I just got confirmed for the morning Battle taping on February 1.  So at least I'll be able to provide something from that taping.

That's great news, thank you so much! 😊🥳

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I know you're joking but JD Casper does lol 😜

fdasfjkdsalf i thought this was the same guy that Julia Michaels sang Lauren and Payge's battle song with LMAO

edit: yes, i do know the name of the song. no, i will not refer to it by it's name because lauren and payge sang it way better than julia and jp or whatever did :haha:

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1