Jump to content

The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

All I've said is to please keep the spoilers off this very public thread that everyone (IDF users, random people w/o accounts, trolls, and most importantly NBC execs) have full access to until later on. I'm not stopping y'all from talking about it with each other privately if y'all would like to. If you're an IDF user and you're involved and you have a good relationship/connection with another user who happens to have info, that's great! Feel free to talk about it with them! That way the information can be controlled and we don't have the info spreading outside to other non-IDF sources (AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT BETWEEN Y'ALL! NOT AN OUNCE TO THE PUBLIC) I imagine NBC wouldn't care that much if we literally kept every ounce of info limited to one site, but that's never the case. All the social media accounts, all the Youtube comment sections littered with the info we give - that's when their brand is affected. That's why there's NDAs. That's why there's a huge fine. That's why we keep the sources confidential. That's why none of us on the team attend the tapings. The stress/boredom of COVID and "easier" access to spoilers motivated us to find the info and release it ASAP for Season 19, but I regret that looking back if I'd known it would turn to this immediate bloodthirsty demand. Again, I know some of y'all already have info you found on your own. That's great! Hope you like the names that you've found out already. Keep the names off of IDF for now. The trolls come on here and are ready to ruin it for others. The NBC execs are dying to see who's flat out saying they attended a taping so they can mark a username down and find personal info elsewhere.

 

Also, if y'all are demanding spoilers immediately you'd have to deal with less than half the list connected to ANY social media account, various misheard names, and often misheard lyrics rather than accurate song choices. I get tapings are over (yes, teams reportedly filled up today before the last taping), I get y'all are anxious. But we literally don't have all the info y'all are craving so badly. You'll be more mad at the lack of info than excited over seeing the scraps that we do have.

 

This thread was created so early because the S19 page became a clusterf**k of S20 coach guesses and predictions and whatever. And I'm not even saying that's a bad thing! I was anxious to hear about the coaches and make predictions, too! I do agree that those comments should've been moved to a different post like this one, but keep in mind that that's why this thread was up this early in the first place. Feel free to keep talking about the season. We know Nick and John are there and that's not even info from me. But for the love of God... let the no-chair contestants at least stop wiping their tears before y'all start DEMANDING their info when we're not even sure what their names actually are.

 

I swear if people still demand spoilers after this post.... It's all there! I really appreciate you for patiently explaining all of this. Imagine doing so much work along with other real-life duties, taking your time to create the best collection of information you can, and strangers on the internet just continue to demand. I would just like to give you a big thanks for continuing to do this season after season. You deserve more kudos than you actually get.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nick.   

All I've said is to please keep the spoilers off this very public thread that everyone (IDF users, random people w/o accounts, trolls, and most importantly NBC execs) have full access to until later o

Somehow this thread escalated from: "posting spoilers will complicate further access to spoilers" to "posting spoilers will hurt/eliminate the artists" really quick.    What's next, posting

Posted Images

i think that having this thread wasn't an issue when it was created because no one could have known this was going to happen beforehand, but perhaps we could just create this thread closer to when spoilers would come out to keep all this from happening in the future? coach discussions can go in another thread, because i think that was the only discussion of s20 that was really occurring. if someone wants to talk about s20 they can easily do so in DMs as well.

 

honestly, i'd personally advocate for this thread to be archived / deleted and only brought back / recreated once we are closer to s20 spoilers being released because its clear that idf can't handle this.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Someone648 said:

All I've said is to please keep the spoilers off this very public thread that everyone (IDF users, random people w/o accounts, trolls, and most importantly NBC execs) have full access to until later on. I'm not stopping y'all from talking about it with each other privately if y'all would like to. If you're an IDF user and you're involved and you have a good relationship/connection with another user who happens to have info, that's great! Feel free to talk about it with them! That way the information can be controlled and we don't have the info spreading outside to other non-IDF sources (AS LONG AS YOU KEEP IT BETWEEN Y'ALL! NOT AN OUNCE TO THE PUBLIC) I imagine NBC wouldn't care that much if we literally kept every ounce of info limited to one site, but that's never the case. All the social media accounts, all the Youtube comment sections littered with the info we give - that's when their brand is affected. That's why there's NDAs. That's why there's a huge fine. That's why we keep the sources confidential. That's why none of us on the team attend the tapings. The stress/boredom of COVID and "easier" access to spoilers motivated us to find the info and release it ASAP for Season 19, but I regret that looking back if I'd known it would turn to this immediate bloodthirsty demand. Again, I know some of y'all already have info you found on your own. That's great! Hope you like the names that you've found out already. Keep the names off of IDF for now. The trolls come on here and are ready to ruin it for others. The NBC execs are dying to see who's flat out saying they attended a taping so they can mark a username down and find personal info elsewhere.

 

Also, if y'all are demanding spoilers immediately you'd have to deal with less than half the list connected to ANY social media account, various misheard names, and often misheard lyrics rather than accurate song choices. I get tapings are over (yes, teams reportedly filled up today before the last taping), I get y'all are anxious. But we literally don't have all the info y'all are craving so badly. You'll be more mad at the lack of info than excited over seeing the scraps that we do have.

 

This thread was created so early because the S19 page became a clusterf**k of S20 coach guesses and predictions and whatever. And I'm not even saying that's a bad thing! I was anxious to hear about the coaches and make predictions, too! I do agree that those comments should've been moved to a different post like this one, but keep in mind that that's why this thread was up this early in the first place. Feel free to keep talking about the season. We know Nick and John are there and that's not even info from me. But for the love of God... let the no-chair contestants at least stop wiping their tears before y'all start DEMANDING their info when we're not even sure what their names actually are.


Guru Studio Thank You GIF by True and the Rainbow Kingdom

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, season1 said:

Contestant 4-4 [4th taping, 4th audition] is  3-chair turn for a 16 year old female blonde singer/songwriter.

I just realized that this is a reference to Danielle. 💖

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CufaFanvoice26 said:

So just to resume, we are not going to have Spoilers of season 20, but we can ask users for private that have attended the recordings, right?

I would wait till @Someone648 answers, but I believe you can. Though it is important to note that users are obligated to say no. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Facts bcuz I don’t this it’s fair. THIS IS a spoiler thread why not post it immediately? Or soon after ? And it’s not like things are gonna get hard to control season 19 is already recorded and we already have everything. I have spoilers for this season but I don’t wanna post it to upset anyone because best believe I will post it. But since I’m me the first 4 chair turn was a country guy. Oop

Did he pick Blake?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bk1234 said:


tv show television GIF by IFC

Ok I didn't read what Someone648 and Minhtam said because that post containing spoiler was above theirs but as I've read that so now I'm not gonna ask any spoilers.🙂

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully after Someone's post people will stop complaining and demanding, let's just enjoy the season we have and not be difficult to the crew who works hard to bring us consistent spoilers every season!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, moonlighty said:

Hopefully after Someone's post people will stop complaining and demanding, let's just enjoy the season we have and not be difficult to the crew who works hard to bring us consistent spoilers every season!

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

I think he explained that 'till Season 19 is over' is only for the crew to have time to get consistent spoilers and if they get the spoilers before the season is over, they will be posting it (But I'm not sure at all, don't use me as a reliable source or something)

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

We always wait a "whole season" the fall season doesn't even tape blinds until the spring season is complete. Also season 19 isn't over, it still has live shows. Plus season 20 still has battles and KO to tape, and that won't be until January. You don't really want to get the artists in trouble & make their lives difficult. 

 

As a point of comparison, the spoiler thread for last years spring season wasn't even started until a week into November, and we didn't have any names until well after that 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol now we're having serious communication problems :haha:. Afaik, Someone648's only asking not to reveal contestant names just yet. So I suppose everything else is actually allowed.

 

Like season1 suggested, we can still discuss # of chair turns, genres, strongest teams, potential snowflake killers, etc. Anything but names... For now. 

 

Also, a new season just started so I think playoffs week should be a proper time to release more detailed info, since that's around the time when everybody's hopes and dreams for the season die :haha:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Afaik, Someone648's only asking not to reveal contestant names just yet. So I suppose everything else is actually allowed.

 

Like season1 suggested, we can still discuss # of chair turns, genres, strongest teams, potential snowflake killers, etc. Anything but names... For now. 

I’d hold off on doing this till @Someone648 confirms it’s allowed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Also, a new season just started so I think playoffs week should be a proper time to release more detailed info, since that's around the time when everybody's hopes and dreams for the season die :haha:


Elizabeth Warren Feminism GIF by Women's History Month

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I just realized that this is a reference to Danielle. 💖

 

Haha I don't know when Danielle auditioned but I guess I described Danielle as the contestant, though not on purpose (she was a pop-country singer back then). :teeheewave:

 

Edited by season1
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, season1 said:

 

Haha I don't know when Danielle auditioned but I guess I described Danielle as the contestant, though not on purpose (she was a pop-country singer back then). :teeheewave:

 

I don’t know when she auditioned either, but the blonde 16 year old girl with a three-chair turn description just made me instantly think of Danielle. 💖

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

 

 Let me put it this way.

 

We don't know when battles and KO's will be taped, but we anticipate that they will be taped sometime in January so that they will be prepared for a late February or early March debut.  That means we have a whole THREE months when the battles begin.

 

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.  Whether it's their own fault, the fault of their family members, or the fault of said zealot, this artist is now growing a fan following on the internet because of their ties to The Voice.  This could be looked at as an unfair advantage to the rest of the competition, trying to solicit fans to vote for said artist on the Voice two full conpetition rounds before TPTB gives artists permission to reveal that they auditioned for the Voice.  In that case, do you really think NBC is going to let that person continue in the competition?  Wouldn't it make more sense if they straight up disqualified the contestant before the battle rounds started?

 

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

 

Us concealing the spoilers isn't just us trying to adhere to the NDA and not get fined.  We're trying to protect the artists too, so we can celebrate when we do get to see their blinds and battles and knockouts and beyond.

Edited by Minhtam
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

 

 Let me put it this way.

 

We don't know when battles and KO's will be taped, but we anticipate that they will be taped sometime in January so that they will be prepared for a late February or early March debut.  That means we have a whole THREE months when the battles begin.

 

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.  Whether it's their own fault, the fault of their family members, or the fault of said zealot, this artist is now growing a fan following on the internet because of their ties to The Voice.  This could be looked at as an unfair advantage to the rest of the competition, trying to solicit fans to vote for said artist on the Voice two full conpetition rounds before TPTB gives artists permission to reveal that they auditioned for the Voice.  In that case, do you really think NBC is going to let that person continue in the competition?  Wouldn't it make more sense if they straight up disqualified the contestant before the battle rounds started?

 

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

 

Us concealing the spoilers isn't just us trying to adhere to the NDA and not get fined.  We're trying to protect the artists too, so we can celebrate when we do get to see their blinds and battles and knockouts and beyond.

that's a really sad thought. anyway at this point if people beg ask for spoilers in this thread, it's probably best to ignore it. this and someone's response earlier were great explanations and if people don't get it by now, no amount of explaining will get to them.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

this and someone's response earlier were great explanations and if people don't get it by now, no amount of explaining will get to them.


Facts GIF by Judge Jerry

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minhtam said:

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.

Ouuu so I should just say all the country singers I know because I can’t stand none of them 

  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...