The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

23 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

LA medical dept jus released new orders pertaining to film and television. And it said that shows can have a hired audience if up to 50 people. 

Think for season 21 well have a smaller audience in that same studio they’re using now?

California’s numbers appear to have peaked, but they also have 13% of the total US cases. Studio audiences for TV shows are not essential. They can still produce the shows without it, without loss of revenue. Seems unnecessary, at this time. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

California’s numbers appear to have peaked, but they also have 13% of the total US cases. Studio audiences for TV shows are not essential. They can still produce the shows without it, without loss of revenue. Seems unnecessary, at this time. 

season 21 won’t start filming till July. Hopefully we’ll have vaccinated a good number by that point 

For the season 20 live shows, I could see them maybe having in vaccinated health care workers/first responders etc. 

(also California has 12% of the us population, so that covid number is pretty much what you’d expect). 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, seak05 said:

season 21 won’t start filming till July. Hopefully we’ll have vaccinated a good number by that point

Filming for Fall seasons usually start in June. S19 started filming in July (3 weeks late) because it was unsafe to start filming earlier. 😅

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

Filming for Fall seasons usually start in June. S19 started filming in July (3 weeks late) because it was unsafe to start filming earlier. 😅

But since there will be a delay this season there’ll obviously be a delayed production start for s21 as well

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

But since there will be a delay this season there’ll obviously be a delayed production start for s21 as well

Not neccessarily. The blinds were filmed as normal for S20. They only delayed the battle and KO filmings by one week. 😌

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

(also California has 12% of the us population, so that covid number is pretty much what you’d expect). 

Somehow, I knew someone was going to bring that up. :P

They’ve had 3.21 million confirmed cases. They also have a population of 39 million, so there is still potential for a breakout. If they’re gonna tell gym and restaurant owners they can’t serve their customers, I don’t want to hear about studio audiences (indoors) for TV shows, when it has no bearing on jobs, or the profitability of the networks. I’m not in favor of shutdowns, but I  do believe in exercising common sense. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Somehow, I knew someone was going to bring that up. :P

They’ve had 3.21 million confirmed cases. They also have a population of 39 million, so there is still potential for a breakout. If they’re gonna tell gym and restaurant owners they can’t serve their customers, I don’t want to hear about studio audiences (indoors) for TV shows, when it has no bearing on jobs, or the profitability of the networks. I’m not in favor of shutdowns, but I  do believe in exercising common sense. 

The problem with dining indoors at restaurants is you can’t have your mask on while eating. So in terms of covid a masked studio audience is much safer then indoor dining from a common sense perspective. 

But yeah I think if they have an audience it will be people who have been vaccinated.

Edited by seak05
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

If they’re gonna tell gym and restaurant owners they can’t serve their customers, I don’t want to hear about studio audiences (indoors) for TV shows, when it has no bearing on jobs, or the profitability of the networks. I do believe in exercising common sense. 

200.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

The problem with dining indoors at restaurants is you can’t have your mask on while eating. So in terms of covid a masked studio audience is much safer then indoor dining from a common sense perspective. 

But yeah I think if they have an audience it will be people who have been vaccinated.

I caught it last month. I’m super careful. When around other people, I always had a mask on, and so did they, so I have no idea how I got it. Many hours sitting in a studio with 50 people, plus staff, contestants, coaches, etc. isn’t going to happen until a reasonable level of herd immunity is achieved, mask, or no mask. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I caught it last month. I’m super careful. When around other people, I always had a mask on, and so did they, so I have no idea how I got it. Many hours sitting in a studio with 50 people, plus staff, contestants, coaches, etc. isn’t going to happen until a reasonable level of herd immunity is achieved, mask, or no mask. 

I'm not going too much into this but wearing PPE doesn't 100% guarantee that you won't contract COVID. It's a preventative measure that significantly lowers the risk of contracting the disease. You're definitely WAY more likely to get COVID if you don't wear a mask but that doesn't mean you're completely safe if you do wear a mask all the time. Hence, having an in-person masked audience for S21 would still be extremely foolish and ill-advised imo. 🧐

Heart Love GIF by Jef Caine

Edited by disney1024

11 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I'm not going too much into this but wearing PPE doesn't 100% guarantee that you won't contract COVID. It's a preventative measure that significantly lowers the risk of contracting the disease. You're definitely WAY more likely to get COVID if you don't wear a mask but that doesn't mean you're completely safe if you do wear a mask all the time. Hence, having an in-person masked audience for S21 would still be extremely foolish and ill-advised imo. 🧐

Heart Love GIF by Jef Caine

Right, if masks were the answer. California wouldn’t have 3.21 million cases. Maybe they help a little? All I know is when you breath, talk, cough or sneeze, some of the air will leak out through the edges of the mask, and the “face coverings” some people use are laughable. And some people use the mask as a substitute for social distancing, and touch their face while putting it on and taking it off. Don’t even get me started. If I wasn’t already most likely immune, I would never spend several hours, indoors with that many people. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Right, if masks were the answer. California wouldn’t have 3.21 million cases. Maybe they help a little? All I know is when you breath, talk, cough or sneeze, some of the air will leak out through the edges of the mask, and the “face coverings” some people use are laughable. 

Masks definitely do help but only if they're worn properly. However, they're still not a substitute for social distancing and following other COVID guidelines. Hence, having an in-person masked audience for S21 would still be extremely foolish and ill-advised imo. 😌

Edited by disney1024

Sorry you got covid, same thing with my brother (not in California). Sadly far to many people aren’t following guidelines (masks & social distancing & not indoors for long periods of time & not going to socialize), and it puts the rest of us at risk.  Decisions should be based on public health though, not “fairness”/importance is all I’m saying. 

And also this is why I said a vaccinated audience.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Sorry you got covid, same thing with my brother (not in California). Sadly far to many people aren’t following guidelines (masks & social distancing & not indoors for long periods of time & not going to socialize), and it puts the rest of us at risk.  Decisions should be based on public health though, not “fairness”/importance is all I’m saying. 

And also this is why I said a vaccinated audience.

Thanks. It was like having a mild cold for me, but obviously I had to miss two weeks of work (with pay).  

Anyway...that last sentence is interesting. I wonder about that legalities of requiring proof of vaccination for entry into events, business, etc. I suspect we’re going to find out soon.

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Thanks. It was like having a mild cold for me, but obviously I had to miss two weeks of work (with pay).  

Anyway...that last sentence is interesting. I wonder about that legalities of requiring proof of vaccination for entry into events, business, etc. I suspect we’re going to find out soon.

I think we'll find out soon too, and my guess is it will vary. Private companies/organizations will probably be allowed to do it as unvaccinated isn't a protected class, but schools and such probably won't (until it's no longer under emergency use). 

For the super bowl the nfl is bringing in vaccinated healthcare workers as part of the crowd. Could definitely see something like that happening with studio audiences.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VoiceTakeover890 said:

LMFAOO i actually thought I was in a covid chat for a second💀😭

Bringing this discussion back to S20 spoilers, are there any news/predictions regarding S20 battles advisors? Obviously, Dan + Shay are Blake's advisors because Blake said so himself. But what about the other three teams? 🤔

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Bringing this discussion back to S20 spoilers, are there any news/predictions regarding S20 battles advisors? Obviously, Dan + Shay are Blake's advisors because Blake said so himself. But what about the other three teams? 🤔

Maybe Billie Eilish for Team Nick? 60% of Nick's team is following her on IG but that could just be because she's an extremely famous artist. However, Awari really doesn't strike me as a Billie fan tbh. Lindsay, Dana, Jose, and Bradley are the only Team Nick members to not follow Billie on IG. 🧐

Edited by disney1024

As a Californian who works face-to-face with individuals (who often won't wear masks) daily and wants to beat our governor to a pulp if given the opportunity based on his comments earlier this week, I honestly don't want NBC to even think about in-person audiences until 2022. Not enough are taking it seriously, and that includes the people that say they are. I miss going to concerts and live events, but they should be the dead last thing they worry about reopening. Even though we're projecting the numbers improve a lot by June and I anticipate a lot will be reopened - NBC is better off keeping it virtual.

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Even though we're projecting the numbers improve a lot by June and I anticipate a lot will be reopened - NBC is better off keeping it virtual.

I don't think we should be complaining about virtual audiences tbh. If NBC continues with the virtual audience, attending a taping will be more accessible to people who can't afford to take a trip down to California. Also, a virtual audience means that our spoilers on IDF continue to be comprehensive and accurate. 😌

46 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

As a Californian who works face-to-face with individuals (who often won't wear masks) daily and wants to beat our governor to a pulp if given the opportunity based on his comments earlier this week, I honestly don't want NBC to even think about in-person audiences until 2022.

I thought you lived in Somewhere648 lol 😂

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

As a Californian who works face-to-face with individuals (who often won't wear masks) daily and wants to beat our governor to a pulp if given the opportunity based on his comments earlier this week, I honestly don't want NBC to even think about in-person audiences until 2022. Not enough are taking it seriously, and that includes the people that say they are. I miss going to concerts and live events, but they should be the dead last thing they worry about reopening. Even though we're projecting the numbers improve a lot by June and I anticipate a lot will be reopened - NBC is better off keeping it virtual.

I also work face to face with individuals, so I feel like I was destined to catch it no matter how many precautions I’ve taken. 15 minutes+ in the same room with an infected individual is all it takes, even if all parties are wearing masks. My state (Minnesota) has been ravaged by it. It was just a matter of time. It’s sort of nice to have it out of the way, knowing I probably can’t catch it again for at least 3 months.

Sorry for turning this into a covid thread, but there’s nothing else going on. I suppose we could talk about Kenzie a little more. 🙃

• Like 2