The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

On 1/21/2021 at 11:40 PM, disney1024 said:

It will probably be someone on Team Nick so that Nick can get his first win on the show 🤔

Thunderstorm ⛈️ says hi. Nick is going to need way more than a pimped contestant to win the show :haha:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• disney1024

• Bk1234

• Misirlou

• jus.vshn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Voice - NBC The Voice APP iTunes The Voice APP Android Twitter Facebook Youtube           Please DO NOT post the Season 20 spoilers on other websites (YouTub

On a sad note, for those of you who don’t know, Pia Renee’s mother passed away earlier in January. (If Pia is reading I send her my deepest condolences and love her way🖤)    Obviously this i

We don't even have a premiere date and haven't heard a single audition but y'all have mapped out the entire season already lol

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, echoap said:

Thunderstorm ⛈️ says hi. Nick is going to need way more than a pimped contestant to win the show :haha:

You know what's really hilarious? The fact that you're judging/mocking a coach's coaching ability based on their rookie season, especially when half of it was shot remotely in the midst of a global pandemic. Not everyone has to win the show on their first try. Even Blake didn't do that. 🙄

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

You know what's really hilarious? The fact that you're judging/mocking a coach's coaching ability based on their rookie season, especially when half of it was shot remotely in the midst of a global pandemic. Not everyone has to win the show on their first try. Even Blake didn't do that. 🙄

For instance, Alicia Keys and Usher both ended up being phenomenal coaches, despite not having won their rookie season on the show. 😌

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, echoap said:

I just can't imagine TPTB projecting a Kelly win with a country artist this season. That sounds more like a backup plan If no one else connects with the audience. :haha:

This one sounds more impressive than the YouTube video. 

It tells me that this season is lacking interesting country females 😂

Despite the amount of indie girls, I'm not too excited about this season either tbh. Overall, Gihanna has potential to slay and be my favorite but I need to hear complete performances from her first, her SM does not provide much help in that regard :haha:

I agree with all of the above, but on your first point, there’s no stopping a runaway train, and it wouldn’t be the first Kelly won with a country singer, despite the wishes of TPTB. 

I’ve had some second thoughts about his chances too, for various reasons that I won’t get into. I’m just trying to imagine who might be able to challenge him, and I don’t have any answers yet. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, echoap said:

3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Echoap doesn't seem to me to be judging or mocking Nick's coaching ability in this post. Objectively speaking, Thunderstorm was a very good contestant, consistent, and pimped by the producers. Yet, that wasn't enough to even get him runner up. I think that Echoap is just referring to the empirics, rather than mocking Nick's coaching abilities. I think you're reading too far into it. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I think Kenzie's great at what he does, but this style of singing just does nothing for me. What can I say? I'm not a country fan.

I really don’t like country singers with a heavy twang, so that’s probably the reason why I don’t like his voice.

4 hours ago, echoap said:

I just can't imagine TPTB projecting a Kelly win with a country artist this season. That sounds more like a backup plan If no one else connects with the audience. :haha:

MTE.

7 hours ago, disney1024 said:

calm down chill out GIF

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Echoap doesn't seem to me to be judging or mocking Nick's coaching ability in this post. Objectively speaking, Thunderstorm was a very good contestant, consistent, and pimped by the producers. Yet, that wasn't enough to even get him runner up. I think that Echoap is just referring to the empirics, rather than mocking Nick's coaching abilities. I think you're reading too far into it. 🙂

This. ⬆️ Coaching abilities usually don’t even correlate to how far a contestant goes on the show. :haha:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, disney1024 said:

For instance, Alicia Keys and Usher both ended up being phenomenal coaches, despite not having won their rookie season on the show. 😌

The fact they didn’t win their first season doesn’t mean they didn’t do a great job as coaches. Not sure why you put so much importance in number of wins or placements.

Per example, Kelly won her first season and she could have done way better than she actually did (mostly referring to Brynn’s song choices). She did a much better job in S19, and she only managed to placed 4th. 

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
34 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Per example, Kelly won her first season and she could have done way better than she actually did (mostly referring to Brynn’s song choices).

I think she just let Brynn decide all the song choices. 😅 In the post-win press conference Kelly mentioned that all the songs besides the Battle song were Brynn’s idea. She could have definitely tried to steer her away from some of the song choices though. All the studios are amazing! :music:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Relax, I'm mocking/judging Nick based on his first season because that's the only we have :haha:. If he ends up winning his second season or the next three seasons in a row I might start considering him a force to be reckoned with 😂

• Haha 2

I agree that TPTB probably won't want a Kenzie win, but yeah, look at Sundance and Chevel, you can't look me in the eyes and tell me those two were TPTB's ideal winners. When someone's unstoppable, that's it.

They are obviously going to vouch for Nick this season, and he has some good artists, but lets see if they manage to capture Minivan's attention.

John and Blake are pretty much wildcards this season. We know Blake is getting a finalist, the question is which one.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Daillon said:

Not sure why you put so much importance in number of wins or placements.

I don't. I think Nick was a great coach last season because he had some of the best battles (e.g. Joanna vs. Roderick, Allegra vs. Michael, etc.) and most of the song choices for the contestants on his team were on point. For that same reason, I agree that Kelly did much better in S19 than she did in her rookie season. My point with Nick was that he shouldn't be judged based on one season. As coaches spend more seasons on the show, they become better coaches with regards to song selection and decision-making. Practice makes perfect. 😌

Edited by disney1024
3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Coaching abilities usually don’t even correlate to how far a contestant goes on the show. :haha:

Of course not, look at Gwen. She only managed to win after 5 seasons but that doesn't make her an awful coach. If anything, she improved a lot as a coach compared to her first season. She should've had a finalist in S12 imo because both Brenneley and Hunter were better than Jesse but whatever lol 😅

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Of course not, look at Gwen. She only managed to win after 5 seasons but that doesn't make her an awful coach. If anything, she improved a lot as a coach compared to her first season. She should've had a finalist in S12 imo because both Brenneley and Hunter were better than Jesse but whatever lol 😅

Well, she was a pretty bad coach in Season 7 and 9. That's for sure. She improved massively in Season 12, though. Too bad her team was robbed in the Semi-Finals.

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

My point with Nick was that he shouldn't be judged based on one season. As coaches spend more seasons on the show, they become better coaches with regards to song selection and decision-making. Practice makes perfect. 😌

No one was doubting Nick's abilities as a coach. All people were saying is that it would take more than a pimped contestant for Nick to win, using Thunderstorm as an example. Tstorm was heavily pimped yet couldn't even get past either of Blake's team members (and that's not on Nick!). @echoap is saying that even with a heavily pimped contestant, the audience didn't give Nick the win. if your point surrounds Nick's coaching abilities, then you're missing their point.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Raine recently went to the park with her battle partner, who took photos for her. If anything, Raine's battle partner is good at taking pictures. Also, Lindsay liked something that Andrew posted last night on his IG, which strengthens my belief that Lindsay and Andrew are paired together. 🧐

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Raine recently went to the park with her battle partner, who took photos for her.

She just said a “new friend,” but there’s a good chance it’s her battle partner.  

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

She just said a “new friend,” but there’s a good chance it’s her battle partner.  

Ironically, the 🤫 emoji was what gave it away lol 😂

Edited by disney1024
1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

Raine recently went to the park with her battle partner, who took photos for her. If anything, Raine's battle partner is good at taking pictures.

To tell you the truth, it looks like some of the pictures/videos that Keegan has on his Instagram and YouTube channel, but I’m probably just looking too far into it. 😅

• Confused 1
3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Raine recently went to the park with her battle partner, who took photos for her. If anything, Raine's battle partner is good at taking pictures. Also, Lindsay liked something that Andrew posted last night on his IG, which strengthens my belief that Lindsay and Andrew are paired together. 🧐

Lindsay is with Andrew?  She really should've been paired with Raine since they're exactly alike in terms of lane/genre.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Lindsay is with Andrew?  She really should've been paired with Raine since they're exactly alike in terms of lane/genre.

Maybe Nick wants to keep them both, or we might be missinterpreting everything and he actually paired them together.

• Like 2

Yeah I'm pretty sure y'all have been reading way too much into the interactions between contestants... while the predictions may be correct they don't tend to only hang out with their battle partner. In the past, follows haven't been a super reliable way to predict pairings - even last season. Y'all could be completely right, but I see a lot of banking on pairings just based on their interactions when that's rarely the case.

• Like 6