The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

24 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

DM me, I'm curious. You seem like someone who's taste I can respect.

Ok I will put it under spoilers so anyone who can't handle an opinion can choose to not see it :haha:

Anna, Zae, Dana, Kenzie, Victor and Avery. I'll probably like the first three but right now I don't see the hype for them based on their covers, and Kenzie and Avery are really mediocre, and I am really surprised with the amount of fans they have (which is weird because it's IDF lol). The latter reminds me of Tanner, which is bad news for me. As for favorites I don't have any rn but I'm interested in Cam and Gihanna.

Disclaimer: This can change (and it probably will).

Edit: Last season I said Carter would probably be a Braiden 2.0 :haha: So I'm not the best person when it comes to predicting who will do well/bad on the show.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Ok I will put it under spoilers so anyone who can't handle an opinion can choose to not see it :haha:

Reveal hidden contents

I echo your opinions on Zae and Avery. I cannot for the life of me figure out what about Zae sets him apart other than the fact that he was a 4-chair turn. I dislike Avery as well. Victor will probably have some performances I'll love on the show, but he's just a John Legend clone. Dana and Kenzie are good at what they do imo, but I wouldn't go crazy over them based on what I've heard.

Anna is the only one I kinda disagree with. On one hand, I love her tone and I think she knows her way around a run, but I can't say she's anything new. 

Tbh the person in this cast who I think is the most interesting is Halley, who barely gets mentioned here. It's nice having an underdog favorite now and then, because you won't be too surprised when they're eliminated, and you'll be overjoyed when they disprove the naysayers.[/spoilers]

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I've seen people compare Avery to Tanner quite a few times, and honestly I don't see it. Tanner has a very thin voice, very Eric Church like, whereas Avery has a fuller, lower tone. 

As for Kenzie and Avery having this much fans on IDF, y'all wait until they start getting past your favorites lol.

Which brings me to my unpopular opinion here: I don't care for Anna's tone at all, and I wouldnt be surprised if Kelly ends up dumping her. (Wouldnt be surprised to her getting stolen as well)

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

But what if Avery is a favorite...? :unsure:

You have him as a favorite but a good amount of people here aren't sold on him yet, and he is in the same team as Cam, who is quite hyped here.

The same goes for Kenzie, who is in the same team as Anna and Ghianna, who are loved here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

If Kenzie's performances on the show are as good as his covers and live performances, everyone else will just be fighting for 2nd place imo. 🤔

This is coming from someone who doesn't generally like country music, especially country males. ⬆️

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

John Legend is currently in Washington D.C. for the inauguration tmrw so obviously his team isn't do any filming right now lol 😂

Maybe the one-week delay in the filming schedule had nothing to do with COVID but with the coaches' busy schedules (outside of the show)? Kelly obviously has a talk show and John is performing at the inauguration tmrw. If the mentor advising sessions are delayed because of that, then obviously the battle and KO tapings will also be delayed accordingly. After all, it's a butterfly effect. 🤔

Edited by disney1024

7 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

John Legend is currently in Washington D.C. for the inauguration tmrw so obviously his team isn't do any filming right now lol 😂

I was thinking that this morning seeing Chrissy's post talking about packing.  I wonder if his participation is what moved the dates around and he probably already coached his team this last weekend.

• Like 1

I don't know how much this has been discussed (I'm not about to read through 138 pages of this thread lol) but........

Every season I love trying to predict battle pairings (and give them a song choice I think would work) so I've started doing that with Team Blake, though I haven't given song choices. I did this based on minimal research on these artists so I could be totally off and I'm okay with that lol. Here's what I have:

Cam Anthony vs Keegan Ferrell

Emma Caroline vs Savanna Chestnut

Aaron Konzelman vs Pete Mroz

Ethan Lively vs Avery Roberson

Jordan Matthew Young vs Connor Christian (not 100% sold on this one. I wasn't sure what to do with Jordan).

Emma Caroline and Savanna Chestnut are both in that female pop country lane so I could see them being paired together (my reason for pairing Ethan Lively and Avery Roberson is similar, they're in similar lanes). HOWEVER, I could totally see Blake taking those two pairings and making two male/female country duets. For example, Emma vs Ethan and Savanna vs Avery, or vice versa. 

I tried to do Team Kelly next but I couldn't figure anything out that I was happy with. I probably could with more research and a better understanding of their voices but oh well. I was thinking Kenzie vs Corey but idk.

Edited by Noah57678
hindsight is 2020 lol
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Hypothetical battle pairings? Extensively lol 😂

I mean I figured- its really everyone's first question after the blinds. But I wanted to share my two cents without having to scroll through and find what's been said so take it or leave it i guess😂 I am interested though as to whether my thoughts are commonly shared or not so I may do some scrolling lol

Edited by Noah57678
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Noah57678 said:

Every season I love trying to predict battle pairings (and give them a song choice I think would work) so I've started doing that with Team Blake

When I made my set of hypothetical S20 battle pairings, I used social media (i.e. IG follows) to help me. Oftentimes, artists in a battle pairing follow each other on social media as they become friends during the process of rehearsing and whatnot. 🧐

Just now, disney1024 said:

When I made my set of hypothetical S20 battle pairings, I used social media (i.e. IG follows) to help me. Oftentimes, artists in a battle pairing follow each other on social media as they become friends during the process of rehearsing and whatnot. 🧐

Oh that is interesting. I hadn't considered that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Noah57678 said:

I mean I figured- its really everyone's first question after the blinds. But I wanted to share my two cents without having to scroll through and find what's been said so take it or leave it i guess😂 I am interested though as to whether my thoughts are commonly shared or not so I may do some scrolling lol

A lot of your battle pairings are what people have said in the past. Mine for Team Blake are slightly more controversial and frowned upon lol 😂

• Like 1

New IG Follows (as of January 7th):

• Gean is following Anna Grace, but not vice-versa (TK)
  • Lindsay is following Bradley, but not vice-versa (TN)
  • Keegan and Connor are mutually following each other (TB)
  • Connor is also following Pete, but not vice-versa (TB)

New IG Follows (as of January 10th):

• Jordan is following Aaron, but not vice-versa (TB)
  • Lindsay and Andrew are mutually following each other (TN)

New IG Follows (as of January 12th):

• JD Casper is following Savanna Woods (he liked her most recent post as well), but not vice-versa (TK)
  • Devan liked a lot of Raine's recent posts but isn't following her (TN)

Possible Battle Pairings:

1. Anna Grace vs. Gean (TK)
  2. JD vs. Savanna W. (TK)
  3. Andrew vs. Lindsay (TN)
  4. Devan vs. Raine (TN)
  5. Aaron vs. Jordan (TB)
  6. Connor vs. Keegan (TB)
  • Like 2

On 1/8/2021 at 8:22 PM, disney1024 said:

Team Blake Battle Predictions:

Connor vs. Keegan (mutual follow on IG)

Jordan vs. Aaron (Jordan follows Aaron)

Avery vs. Ethan (young male country duel)

Emma vs. Savanna C. (female country duel)

Cam vs. Pete (leftovers)

What do you guys think? 🧐

@Noah57678, the last pairing was what was controversial about my pairings, which I completely understand lol 😂

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 1:38 PM, disney1024 said:

Team Nick Battle Predictions:

Lindsay vs. Andrew (mutual follow on IG)

Devan vs. Raine (Devan's activity on IG)

Dana vs. Awari (AA powerhouses)

Rachel vs. Bradley (folk vibes)

Zae vs. Jose (leftovers)

My Team Nick pairings weren't nearly as controversial lol 😂

On 1/15/2021 at 11:05 PM, disney1024 said:

Team Kelly Battle Predictions:

Anna Grace vs. Gean (Gean follows Anna Grace on IG)

Savanna W. vs. JD (JD follows Savanna on IG)

Kenzie vs. Corey

Gihanna vs. Ainae

Ryleigh vs. Halley

My Team Kelly pairings were pretty well-received actually 😇

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

@Noah57678, the last pairing was what was controversial about my pairings, which I completely understand lol 😂

I could see Keegan and Pete getting switched so it's Cam vs. Keegan and Connor vs. Pete. After all, Connor also follows Pete on IG. 🤔

Edited by disney1024

14 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Reveal hidden contents

I echo your opinions on Zae and Avery. I cannot for the life of me figure out what about Zae sets him apart other than the fact that he was a 4-chair turn. I dislike Avery as well. Victor will probably have some performances I'll love on the show, but he's just a John Legend clone. Dana and Kenzie are good at what they do imo, but I wouldn't go crazy over them based on what I've heard.

Anna is the only one I kinda disagree with. On one hand, I love her tone and I think she knows her way around a run, but I can't say she's anything new. 

Tbh the person in this cast who I think is the most interesting is Halley, who barely gets mentioned here. It's nice having an underdog favorite now and then, because you won't be too surprised when they're eliminated, and you'll be overjoyed when they disprove the naysayers.[/spoilers]

Halley is considered as battle fodder here. I just hope she'll shock everyone with her unique tone. She doesn't look like her voice, imo which is a good thing. I don't think Kelly is the appropriate coach for her though. Nick or Blake would have been more suitable for her.

• Confused 1