The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

14 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if John had an all-female team going into the Live Playoffs lol 😂

The only guy on Team Legend who I could expect to see in the Live Playoffs is Victor. Deion and Durell are battles/KOs fodder imo. 🤔

Disagree about Deion. Of course we haven´t seen his audition but he is a strong vocalist from what I´ve seen on his IG. So unless John pairs him with Victor or if he flops hard, I feel good about his chances so far.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Yup. John's strongest contenders for the live shows this season are Carolina, Ciana, Denisha, and Victor. 😉

Carolina is a battle/knockout fodder imo. Especially if she eventually gets paired up with a stronger female contestant in the battles/knockouts like Denisha or Ciana. Victor is a lock for lives (at the moment) imo, the other three would be 3 of Deion, Denisha, Ciana or Pia imo. We could all be completely wrong tho obvi lol we’ll have to wait for battles for these statements to be more concrete

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Carolina is a battle/knockout fodder imo. Especially if she eventually gets paired up with a stronger female contestant in the battles/knockouts like Denisha or Ciana.

Based on her IG, Carolina is an exceptionally strong vocalist who can nail both English and Spanish songs (e.g. Selena, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Harry Styles, etc.). Besides, we all know from S18 that John LOVES a Spanish singer. 😉

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I genuinely see Ciana as battle fodder so I'm a bit confused at her massive support here lol.

She was John's block. John wouldn't use his block on "battle fodder", just saying. 🧐

Edited by disney1024

4 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Based on her IG, Carolina is an exceptionally strong vocalist who can nail both English and Spanish songs (e.g. Selena, Aretha Franklin, Mariah Carey, Harry Styles, etc.). Besides, we all know from S18 that John LOVES a Spanish singer. 😉

Mandi wishes she could sing like Carolina can lol 😂

Edited by disney1024

Just now, disney1024 said:

She was John's block. John wouldn't use his block on battle fodder, just saying. 🧐

That doesn't mean much. He did it with Nelson already.

Ciana sounds the weakest of the 3 young girls on his team imo. She just got lucky with a day 1 audition to earn that block imo. (Carolina > Rio > Ciana)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Mandi wishes she could sing like Carolina can lol 😂

Carolina seems to have a bigger range than Mandi, but Mandi's voice was gorgeous! Hopefully Carolina's performances live up to what we've seen she's capable of via her videos on social media.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

Carolina seems to have a bigger range than Mandi, but Mandi's voice was gorgeous! Hopefully Carolina's performances live up to what we've seen she's capable of via her videos on social media.

I liked Mandi but, if it was a battle between Mandi and Carolina, I would definitely choose Carolina. I really love Carolina's tone and range. Besides, Carolina can clearly nail English songs. I wasn't as impressed with Mandi's English performances tbh 😅 

If Ciana gets paired with Rio, I could very well see her winning there. KOs however, will be a different story, unless John´s battle steal ends up being weak and paired against her there. That´s the only way I can see her getting to the lives. Of course I could be proven wrong though.

Team Legend seems pretty strong despite the initial consensus that his was the weakest due to the lack of 4 chair turns. Nick´s is by far the weakest to me so far. 

Edited by Misirlou
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Ciana gets paired with Rio, I could very well see her winning there. KOs however, will be a different story, unless John´s battle steal ends up being weak and paired against her there. That's the only way I can see her getting to the lives. Of course I could be proven wrong though.

I frankly disagree with that statement but time will tell 😌

We'll find out in two weeks lol 😜

I definitely see the hype behind Carolina, she's versatile and has a big range. Her only obstacle would be TPTB forcing her to stay in a Spanish song bubble. With all the exceptional singers on Team Legend, I don't see Ciana making lives at all. KO's is her ceiling imo. Being a block doesn't matter that much.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Carolina is a battle/knockout fodder imo. Especially if she eventually gets paired up with a stronger female contestant in the battles/knockouts like Denisha or Ciana.

Carolina is far superior to Ciana in terms of vocals, and this is coming from a fan of Ciana. :haha:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

I wasn't as impressed with Mandi's English performances tbh 😅 

“True Colors” says hello. :lolwave:

35 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I agree, Carolina has more range, but I prefer Mandi’s voice. 🤩

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hace 47 minutos, Misirlou dijo:

Si Ciana se empareja con Rio, podría verla ganando allí. Sin embargo, los KO serán una historia diferente, a menos que el robo de batalla de John termine siendo débil y se empareje contra ella allí. Esa es la única forma en que puedo verla llegar a las vidas. Sin embargo, por supuesto, se podría demostrar que estaba equivocado.

Team Legend parece bastante fuerte a pesar del consenso inicial de que el suyo era el más débil debido a la falta de 4 turnos de silla. Nick's es, con mucho, el más débil para mí hasta ahora. 

GRACIAS. 

Realmente no entiendo por qué creen que es un equipo débil. Team Legend y Kelly es donde veo más potencial y talento. 
Y en cuanto a los adolescentes del equipo, Carolina es, con mucho, la más capaz. No me gusta el tono de Ciana y aunque Rio suena dulce, no creo que sea suficiente. Ambos terminan en batallas, para mí.

-> obvio que en este momento basado solo en sus covers, el show en vivo puede cambiarlo todo

ps: blocks don't mean anything

Edited by pauwis
  • Like 1

I noted something while I was posting the episodes in which the winners appeared on in the Voice Trivia thread:

S14: Brynn (Premiere)

S15: Chevel (Episode 3)

S16: Maelyn (Premiere)

S17: Jake (Episode 3)

S18: Todd (Premiere)

S19: Carter (Episode 3)

We´ve been alternating since S14 between the winner being in the premiere during the spring season, and in Episode 3 during the fall one. So bold prediction lol:

S20´s winner will appear in the premiere.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I noted something while I was posting the episodes in which the winners appeared on in the Voice Trivia thread:

S14: Brynn (Premiere)

S15: Chevel (Episode 3)

S16: Maelyn (Premiere)

S17: Jake (Episode 3)

S18: Todd (Premiere)

S19: Carter (Episode 3)

We´ve been alternating since S14 between the winner being in the premiere during the spring season, and in Episode 3 during the fall one. So bold prediction lol:

S20´s winner will appear in the premiere.

Usually (but not always) the pimped winners appear in the premiere. Carter was definitely an exception to that rule. Nick’s TCO will most likely appear in the premiere. Then again, so will Kelly’s country singer, but they don’t really have a choice in this case. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if John had an all-female team going into the Live Playoffs lol 😂

The only guy on Team Legend who I could expect to see in the Live Playoffs is Victor. Deion and Durell are battles/KOs fodder imo. 🤔

Deion is no where near a fodder his audition was one of the best I’ve seen. Ciana literally brings nothings but that’s my opinion 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1