The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Kenzie is very good, kept it simple, no overuse of twang, and his rich deep tone is undeniable. I do think he has a bigger shot at the finale than Avery so far, based on the fact that he is more traditional and can obviously sing live. 

I personally prefer Avery for stylistical purposes and tone, but I agree I´m not as confident in him as I am in Kenzie.  

But again, I expect them to see both in the lives at least.

And y"all can hate me for this, but I´m more excited to see these guys face off more than the Tamara and Desz showdown from last season 😝

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They fought harder for him than they did for Kenzie, after the triple block?

Blake was blocked from getting Kenzie. That wasn't the case with Avery so obviously the other coaches would try to dissuade him from joining Team Blake. 😉

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Same, but he sang it well. 

True. 

honestly if I’m Kenzie (or Avery) I really don’t want to win the voice. He’s actually the type of artist country labels do like to sign. Good voice, has the look, is made, etc. but republic has no country label. He’d really be better off pulling a Morgan wallen, getting semi-deep and then getting into the Nashville community and building industry connections. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, Blake couldn’t even fight for Kenzie, and John and Nick probably didn’t have a shot. But, Kenzie’s song choice (especially considering there are multiple videos out there of him singing it live, and killing it) and triple block gives me more confidence in him at this point. 

Does everyone here understand how good this is? 

He sounded good in this video. Was he as good during BA?

12 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I still don’t get the appeal, but it’s not my thing so I’m not the best person to judge.

I can understand that. The thing I really like about Avery is that he’s good AND he’s versatile. Kenzie on the other hand is good, but seems like someone who could get boring real quick. :haha::stealth:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I still don’t get the appeal, but it’s not my thing so I’m not the best person to judge.

Same. I actually love country singers but I am not sold on him yet. But I would love to get surprised when the BA airs.

• Like 3

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Same. I actually love country singers but I am not sold on him yet. But I would love to get surprised when the BA airs.

Now THAT’S saying something. When I first found out about Kenzie, I thought he would be one of your favorites. :haha:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I can understand that. The thing I really like about Avery is that he’s good AND he’s versatile. Kenzie on the other hand is good, but seems like someone who could get boring real quick. :haha::stealth:

It depends honestly. I agree with Avery being more versatile, but Kenzie´s great at what he does. Normally I would want contestants to try to change it up but this is one of the cases where I can say "stick to what you do best because you´re great at it". And country lovers are bound to not get tired of that voice.

Although I get where youre coming from. That´s why I think IDF might actually enjoy him a bit in the beginning, then complain about him doing the same thing in the following weeks. That being said, as versatile as Avery is, I don´t see him stepping away from country given the coach he has xD. Had he gone with Kelly she would have probably challenged him more since he´s not that traditional.

• Like 1

I do have to say I might be more excited for Kenzie´s battle given he has a lot of good people  to be paired with. And even though Team Blake has a lot of my favorites, the pairings here are pretty clear, and Avery´s probably going to be paired with Ethan, who is pretty bland, and will probably drag down the performance. 

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

It depends honestly. I agree with Avery being more versatile, but Kenzie´s great at what he does. Normally I would want contestants to try to change it up but this is one of the cases where I can say "stick to what you do best because you´re great at it". And country lovers are bound to not get tired of that voice.

Although I get where youre coming from. That´s why I think IDF might actually enjoy him a bit in the beginning, then complain about him doing the same thing in the following weeks. That being said, as versatile as Avery is, I don´t see him stepping away from country given the coach he has xD. Had he gone with Kelly she would have probably challenged him more since he´s not that traditional.

I have hope that Avery will step out of the country lane, but like you said, I doubt it given his coach. 😅 Regardless, I find Avery’s voice much more interesting than Kenzie’s. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I would say based on my YouTube search, he’s as versatile as he needs to be. I mean...look at the two videos I posted last night. “Buy Me A Boat” and “Don’t Close Your Eyes” couldn’t  be more different. However, with a short season, he should just hammer his wheelhouse. “Amarillo By Morning” would certainly get the job done. Most importantly, he’s pretty much automatic. I don’t hear any pitch problems at all in any live videos going back to when he was 15-16. He could have won the show back then, tbh. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

Now THAT’S saying something. When I first found out about Kenzie, I thought he would be one of your favorites:haha:

Me too especially when someone said that there are two STRONG COUNTRY VOCALISTS this season. :haha:

But Like I said before I would love to get surprised by him when his BA airs.

• Like 2

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I would say based on my YouTube search, he’s as versatile as he needs to be. I mean...look at the two videos I posted last night. “Buy Me A Boat” and “Don’t Close Your Eyes” could be more different. However, with a short season, he should just hammer his wheelhouse. “Amarillo By Morning” would certainly get the job done. Most importantly, he’s pretty much automatic. I don’t hear any pitch problems at all in any videos going back to when he was 15-16. He could have won the show back then, tbh. 

I’m not doubting his vocal ability or his ability to do well on the show. I’m just saying that he’ll probably bore me if he continues to do the same thing on the show since his tone isn’t as interesting as Avery’s.

Kenzie´s going to stay in his wheelhouse I believe. That guy is country in every extention of the word. Plus Kelly, the coach that usually wants to get artists out of their comfort zones, stays away from that path when she gets a traditional country artist (Chevel, Hoot).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

I tend to generally dislike male country artists. However, if I had to choose between Kenzie and Avery, I would actually choose Kenzie because I'm a sucker for the traditional country sound. I actually liked Jake in S17 so I'm expecting something similar from Kenzie this season. Him being on Team Kelly (as opposed to Team Blake) doesn't hurt my chances of liking him either. 😅

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I tend to generally dislike male country artists. However, if I had to choose between Kenzie and Avery, I would actually choose Kenzie because I'm a sucker for the traditional country sound. I actually liked Jake in S17 so I'm expecting something similar from Kenzie this season. Him being on Team Kelly (as opposed to Team Blake) doesn't hurt my chances of liking him either. 😅

So basically you're trying to say that you would like any male country singer who is on TK but you can't stand them on TB. 😉

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Hamza not Stanning Kenzie is the biggest shock of the season so far 🤯 🤯 🤯. 😂

• Haha 12

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So basically you're trying to say that you would like any male country singer who is on TK but you can't stand them on TB. 😉

No, I just said that Kenzie being on TK didn't hurt my chances of liking him. I didn't say that I suddenly liked him more because he was on TK. 😉

Edited by disney1024