The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

I'm honestly not that convinced on Cam becoming Blake´s main horse, but we´ll see. Anything could happen.

IKR, Avery — a four-chair male country artist — is literally standing right there. The other coaches spent forever trying to convince Avery to join their teams but he still chose Blake anyways. Avery will be Blake's main horse, not Cam. 😌

1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I know, but I’m asking if they’re referring to talent show performance experience or just regular performance experience.

Regular performance experience I guess. I wouldn't consider Showtime a talent show but that's just me. 🤷🏾‍♂️

He still performed on national television on several occasions. So at least he's got that in the bag lol 😂

Edited by disney1024

3 minutes ago, echoap said:

Both, hard to picture him flopping on stage tbh. 

Yeah, I don’t think he’ll flop, but not flopping doesn’t guarantee support from Blake. Based off of his covers, I think he’s good enough to sail to the live shows, but when he gets there it’s going to be a matter of who Blake will back, and I think (and hope :stealth:) that will be Avery, but we’ll see. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, I don’t think he’ll flop, but not flopping doesn’t guarantee support from Blake. Based off of his covers, I think he’s good enough to sail to the live shows, but when he gets there it’s going to be a matter of who Blake will back, and I think (and hope :stealth:) that will be Avery, but we’ll see. 🙂

It's probably not happening but, hopefully, they'll go back to the S17 format. S19 filming was delayed but that isn't the case with S20 so we'll see 🥺🤞🏾

Edited by disney1024

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

It's probably not happening but, hopefully, they go back to the S17 live shows format. S19 filming was delayed but that isn't the case with S20 so we'll see 🥺🤞🏾

Part of the reason why I’m excited for the battle spoilers is because we’ll hopefully get a clue as to what the format will be for S20. 🥺🤞

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

That’s true, Cam is worse in terms of pre-season “overhyping” (though not nearly as much as Tamara or DeSz were.) There’s probably more discussion about him in here than in his own fan thread. :giggle:

I would define overhyping differently, to be when people consistently claim that a contestant will be much better than they are. That is different than people consistently claiming that a contestant will go far (farther than they might indeed go). That doesn't set expectations in terms of their actual singing, as it did with Tamara.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, disney1024 said:

IKR, Avery — a four-chair male country artist — is literally standing right there. The other coaches spent forever trying to convince Avery to join their teams but he still chose Blake anyways. Avery will be Blake's main horse, not Cam. 😌

Why have only one horse when Blake can have two? He usually brings 2 of his artists in the finale anyway.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Part of the reason why I’m excited for the battle spoilers is because we’ll hopefully get a clue as to what the format will be for S20. 🥺🤞

I doubt it, we didn't officially find out the format for season 19 live shoes until the live shows 😛 

We'll probably have a better idea though then NBC releases the spring schedule/premiere date. Then we'll have a better idea of how many shows we'll have 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, QueenCami said:

I would define overhyping differently, to be when people consistently claim that a contestant will be much better than they are. That is different than people consistently claiming that a contestant will go far (farther than they might indeed go). That doesn't set expectations in terms of their actual singing, as it did with Tamara.

Exactly. A lot of people here use the term overhype and some of them don’t use it correctly.

• Thanks 1

okay, so since my comment seemed to start a whole discussion, i meant that i didn't get the hype behind Zae not because he was "overhyped" (i didn't even use that word in my post). i just didn't get what people were seeing in him. that's not saying there's nothing special about him, if you do see something in Zae, then good for you! I'm just not seeing what this guy has that will make him standout from the crowd this season.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Here's my rank of overhyped contestants so far 😂:

1. Anna Grace: I've seen at least three people claiming that she's gonna be Kelly's frontrunner along with Kenzie. LMAO, I get Kenzie but Kelly never takes seriously singer-songwriter types. 

2. Zae Romeo: I've seen at least three people claiming that he's gonna be Nick's frontrunner just because he got 4 chairs and has a good backstory. 

Victor Solomon (HM): Most people here seem to be taking him as John's frontrunner atm. His fans/supporters aren't as passionate though. 

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, echoap said:

1. Anna Grace: I've seen at least three people claiming that she's gonna be Kelly's frontrunner along with Kenzie. LMAO, I get Kenzie but Kelly never takes seriously singer-songwriter types. 

2. Zae Romeo: I've seen at least three people claiming that he's gonna be Nick's frontrunner just because he got 4 chairs and has a good backstory. 

Victor Solomon (HM): Most people here seem to be taking him as John's frontrunner atm. His fans/supporters aren't as passionate though. 

What about Cam Anthony? He's more hyped here than Anna Grace and Zae combined, just because of a single promise that Blake made to him that only really applies during the blind auditions. 🤨

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

I doubt it, we didn't officially find out the format for season 19 live shoes until the live shows 😛 

We'll probably have a better idea though then NBC releases the spring schedule/premiere date. Then we'll have a better idea of how many shows we'll have 

The live shoes are my favorite round after all 😍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Why have only one horse when Blake can have two? He usually brings 2 of his artists in the finale anyway.

He can have multiple horses. What I said is that Avery will be Blake's MAIN horse. For example, Todd was Blake's main horse in S18 while Toneisha was his second horse (or backup horse if you will). In S19, Jim Ranger was ultimately Blake's main horse while Ian ended up being his second horse. 😌

Just now, disney1024 said:

What about Cam Anthony? He's more hyped here than Anna Grace and Zae combined. 🤨

Apart from people being skeptical about his chances just because he's not your typical Team Blake frontrunner, I personally think he's gonna live up to whatever hype he's getting. 

Just my opinion though, you can always share your own ranking of overhyped contestants :ohyeah: :haha:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, echoap said:

Really? What about Cami, Julia, Brynn, Allegra.. She loved all of them. I also don't think Anna Grace is fully singer/songwriter. I'd say she's more pop/indie.

• Like 1