The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

No but really Jordan singing Rihanna and Cam singing Bon Jovi

Opposite Day GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I’m seriously just convinced that Blake doesn’t know the difference between r&b and rock. Gwen probably confused him. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

I’m seriously just convinced that Blake doesn’t know the difference between r&b and rock. Gwen probably confused him. 

Cam probably picked the song himself given that he has covered it before. As for Jordan, no clue, probably TPTB, but he made it his own.

Edited by Misirlou

1 minute ago, monkshood said:

All of his teammates, right?

I don't even know where they got that info, since there's nothing in their IG stories indicating they're supporting Kenzie above others, but maybe it was something they posted a long time ago?

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon-full-vaccinated-crowd-early-june-1234762943/

This is a nbc reality show going back to in person audience with vaccinated people. And they start filming that early June..

I think more than likely the voice might be going the vaccinated in person audience route…since they’ll probably not film until late June. What are you guys thoughts?

Just now, ilovethevoice242 said:

https://deadline.com/2021/05/the-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon-full-vaccinated-crowd-early-june-1234762943/

This is a nbc reality show going back to in person audience with vaccinated people. And they start filming that early June..

I think more than likely the voice might be going the vaccinated in person audience route…since they’ll probably not film until late June. What are you guys thoughts?

Interesting. I’d put this in the S21 thread though.

2 minutes ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Nice…I think this might be a hint that we would be getting an in person audience.

44 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

voting for Victor tonight!💅 for two reasons...

1. i really like his two song choices. Freedom is an ICONIC choice.

2. i want him to AVENGE his trio-mates Pia and Dana!!!!

Just remember to also vote for Cam 😂 (I love freedom)

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Last week when I was in the virtual audience for The Voice I (and I'm assuming a few others) asked Bill, the warm up guy, about when in studio audiences would be back for The Voice. He said said hopefully in June. It sounded basically like educated conjecture on his part, he did the audience warm up for the Billboard Awards this weekend and they had a vaccination requirement. It seems the event hired a firm to vet all the vaccination cards submitted by people and then they were given the actual ticket after they were verified as being fully vaccinated. For that event they still had people wear masks and it was outdoors, but they were packed in GA style. 1iota is also doing The iHeartRadio Awards this week which also requires full vaccination. I noticed 1iota's in person events in Nashville are still using Covid Testing instead of requiring full vaccination. 

Someone had asked Bill earlier in the taping why The Voice had stayed virtual when Idol  switched to having "real people". Bill said it was because if you look at Idol, they are only allowed to bring in 60 people and they have to wear masks so you can't see their faces and they also aren't able to generate very much noise. It sounds like it was The Voice producers preference to be able to see faces and have a larger group.

Edited by rhapsody99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

voting for Victor tonight!💅 for two reasons...

1. i really like his two song choices. Freedom is an ICONIC choice.

2. i want him to AVENGE his trio-mates Pia and Dana!!!!

Music Video Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, rhapsody99 said:

Last week when I was in the virtual audience for The Voice I (and I'm assuming a few others) asked Bill, the warm up guy, about when in studio audiences would be back for The Voice. He said said hopefully in June. It sounded basically like educated conjecture on his part, he did the audience warm up for the Billboard Awards this weekend and they had a vaccination requirement. It seems the event hired a firm to vet all the vaccination cards submitted by people and then they were given the actual ticket after they were verified as being fully vaccinated. For that event they still had people wear masks and it was outdoors, but they were packed in GA style. 1iota is also doing The iHeartRadio Awards this week which also requires full vaccination. I noticed 1iota's in person events in Nashville are still using Covid Testing instead of requiring full vaccination. 

Someone had asked Bill earlier in the taping why The Voice had stayed virtual when Idol  switched to having "real people". Bill said it was because if you look at Idol, they are only allowed to bring in 60 people and they have to wear masks so you can't see their faces and they also aren't able to generate very much noise. It sounds like it was The Voice producers preference to be able to see faces and have a larger group.

Oh wow!! Well LA opens up fully (no restrictions) on June 15 so 🤷🏾‍♂️

Okay, so I listened to the songs I didn’t know. 

Cam’s “Stand Up” is a clear “moment” song, although personally I am not crazy about most of the song. (Beginning is great but then it gets...odd). Although Cam made me love the song last week..and I felt the same way about it (sleepy..lacks melody)..

Jordan’s got two cool song choices. 

I like that Blake kinda chose 4 mid tempo songs. 😆

Kenzie..okay..Country fans help me out..I don’t like either at all, but are these iconic country songs..and I just don’t like them cause I don’t love country or..not so good? 

Ironically, my rankings of song choices..

1. Victor 

2. Rachel

3. Jordan

4. Cam

5. Kenzie

Which could very well be the reverse order of how they place.

24 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Just remember to also vote for Cam 😂 (I love freedom)

no worries, i’ll definitely be voting for Cam! i actually really like Kenzie’s voice (believe it or not🤪), but i’m rooting for Cam to win this season.

• Like 1

I feel like they switched Cam and Jordan’s song choices with WDOA and Stay lol

Also excited to see Freedom sung on the show

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Kenzie..okay..Country fans help me out..I don’t like either at all, but are these iconic country songs..and I just don’t like them cause I don’t love country or..not so good? 

Neither are as nearly as iconic as the song he got last week, but both solid choices in my opinion, although I`m not that big of a fan of his ballad, it`s definitely a "pulling the heartstrings" type of track. "Heartland" is performed by the "King of Country" AKA George Strait, so Minivan could be paying attention to that, but it`s a good song that fits him (it would be a good chance for him to play guitar here), and overall he has a lot less pressure than last week.

It`s a solid set, but I prefer Jordan`s by a long shot. I like Cam`s a little better too, solely for Stand Up. (I still need to see how he sells Wanted Dead or Alive on stage).