The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, rainbowconnection said:

After listening to the studios, I think we have to wait to see who did it live best to make a better decision on the winner! 

My favorite was Rachel’s I hope you dance. It was such a throwback. Based off of studios I’m rooting for her!

Rachel has my fav studio as well.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, monkshood said:

Prepare to be shocked.

I'd love to! I fully support Cam and want him to win, but guys, let's get realistic - The Voice viewers are minivan and Kenzie got a consistent support throughout whole season. Even though Jordan is still here, he is not as country as Kenzie and I'm not really seeing their votes split up, more possible is votes for Victor and Cam be cut in half. Unfortunately in this show, when it comes to country vs. R&B, the most often it would be the first one.

But, oh damn, how much would I like to be not right about that! 

This game is Kenzie to lose

3 minutes ago, jakesz said:

I'd love to! I fully support Cam and want him to win, but guys, let's get realistic - The Voice viewers are minivan and Kenzie got a consistent support throughout whole season. Even though Jordan is still here, he is not as country as Kenzie and I'm not really seeing their votes split up, more possible is votes for Victor and Cam be cut in half. Unfortunately in this show, when it comes to country vs. R&B, the most often it would be the first one.

But, oh damn, how much would I like to be not right about that! 

He's not even singing country in the finale. Rachel might get some.

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

So we have:

Uptempo

Victor - Freedom

Cam - Wanted Dead or Alive

Rachel - The Chain

JMY - Key to the Highway

Kenzie - Heartland

Ballad

Victor - I Can't Make You Love Me

Cam - Stand Up

Rachel - I Hope You Dance

JMY - Stay

Kenzie - The Keeper of the Stars

Does Blake not know the difference between rock and r&b? 🤣

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't think I liked Cam's studios that much. It's still good but it wasn't the showstopper that I expected. I hope he does better live.

Someone says that every time and guess who’s always one of the best of the night...

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Someone says that every time and guess who’s always one of the best of the night...

giphy.gif

I hope this streak continues...

I'm seriously not a fan of his song choices. I don't think there's much he can do. I wish he had songs which would've allowed him to show his full vocal abilities.

I’m not minivan but I ate Kenzie right up! Cam is gonna kill it for sure he ALEAYS outdoes the studio somehow and that BonJovi song I bet he’s gonna guitar it too try and get some of those country votes. Rachael was god but after Desz rant last week all I kept thinking was her repeating “I hope you dance” and it just didn’t do it for me sweet girl but just don’t see her vocal ability the same after that rant Jordan was super surprising on Dtay and his uptempo is so Jordan I could see him in third for sure! Victor I could see closing with Freedom if they don’t want to let Cam have a second closing spot but was not a fan of the raspy on Beyoncé wish he had picked a better ball rad. Excited nonetheless to see it all play out and their honestly all winners making it this far and getting soooooo much exposure and broadening their fan base so it’s a win win already for them all 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I'm seriously not a fan of his song choices. I don't think there's much he can do. I wish he had songs which would've allowed him to show his full vocal abilities.

I think his song choices are brilliant. He’s showing us some versatility with the Bon Jovi song and those falsetto notes in “Stand Up” 🤯 The king is ready to slay!!!

season 1 king GIF by The White Princess

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I think his song choices are brilliant. He’s showing us some versatility with the Bob Jovi song and those falsetto notes in “Stand Up” 🤯 The king is ready to slay!!!

And he’ll surprise us with some change up in the lives per usual I think if he isn’t crowned it will be better  because of the contract but not for lack of talent but I won’t be mad if either him or Kenzie takes it 

Just now, Bk1234 said:

I think his song choices are brilliant. He’s showing us some versatility with the Bob Jovi song and those falsetto notes in “Stand Up” 🤯 The king is ready to slay!!!

He always finds a way to do a much better job in the lives so I hope King slays this time too.

Btw, I just watched Jordan's Performances on Spotify and except for Chandelier, MDYK? and SBTL I wasn't a big fan of any. But Jordan's lives were way better. I hope that's the case with Cam too.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Haters: tHeRe aRe tWo cOunTry sInGerS iN tHe fInAle, jOrDan sUcKs

Jordan: Sings Rihanna for the finale

Haters: ....

I feel like Jordan represents what some here on IDF dislike about the voting demographics, genre/coach preferences, and PV/IS format these last 3 seasons; as opposed to any actual animosity towards him (I mean, there will always be a few haters, but it's not like Jordan seems inclined to worry too much about them.)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VintageVoice said:

Listening to Cam on Stand Up - I see zero way this doesn't close out the night with a big choir in the background.

Thought of that one too. Choir might appear on the second half-ish of the performance

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

This was like  most played on Spotify last year idk why 🤣

Off-topic but I love Jordan's studio version of Chandelier much more than his The Voice version. That high note on HERE COMES THE SHHAAAAAAAMEEE always gives me chills.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

After listening to the studios, my ranking is:

Uptempo:

1. Jordan - YES. Just yes. Taking me back to his playoffs. Some blues and some Clapton right there. Cant wait to hear it live.

2. Victor - I really dug this! Loved his rapping and his choices here. Hope he doesnt get bandzilla'd or runs outta air.

3. Kenzie - Good, comfortable song choice for him. He sounds very good and in his element. This should be fun.

4. Cam - He sounds good, but I'm missing the grit here. I need to see him on stage, he needs to sell the song.

5. Rachel - This will most likely fare better for her than the last time she sang F. Mac, and she has some cool moments, but I feel her voice is too soft for this song.

Ballad:

1. Cam - Closer right here. Huge choir and everything. He could win with this.

2. Jordan - The biggest risk of the night, flipping a Rihanna song. Very out of the box, but he sounds great. This is probably not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but I dig it.

3. Kenzie - Pulling the heartstrings again. He is doing the same as last week only with a song not nearly as iconic, so he can take some pressure off him. He sounds good, lets see how Minivan recieves it.

4. Rachel - Very pleasant sounding, and right up her alley. I liked it much better than the uptempo. I'm not a huge fan though.

5. Victor - Nice, but I'm leaving empty here. His uptempo wil be his weapon tonight.

Overall, my ranking of the setlists is:

1. Jordan

2. Cam

3. Kenzie

4. Victor

5. Rachel

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Two questions:

1. Who the f*** gave Jordan a Rihanna song for the finale ballad round?
  2. Why does it actually work???

I am so confused at this but I'm not mad at it.

These are good questions 😂 

For #2, I'm becoming more convinced that the guy can sing just about anything, which is a testament to the years he's spent touring (esp. relative to the other finalists).

I liken it to Toneisha Harris (who it also seemed could sing anything they threw at her) and Blake's comment (to her after her audition) that "experience goes a long way". 

Edited by mathguy
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Stand Up is by far the biggest song he has sung so far. If that doesn't show what he's capable of I don't know what will.

• Like 6

Trying to figure out who sings when tonight - the only things that seem (on paper) like locks are Jordan's Clapton number opening and Cam's ballad closing, but otherwise I have no frickin' clue who will go where with which song.

The only (semi-plausible) guess is that Victor and Cam won't perform one after the other given similar styles, but otherwise I got nothing.