The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

By listening to his studio it's pretty clear to me that he didn't show his full vocal abilities.

I hope he kills it in the lives tho.

You said so during the Semifinals. But Cam usually proves us wrong every time he sings live.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mathguy said:

These are good questions 😂 

For #2, I'm becoming more convinced that the guy can sing just about anything, which is a testament to the years he's spent touring (esp. relative to the other finalists).

I liken it to Toneisha Harris (who it also seemed could sing anything they threw at her) and Blake's comment (to her after her audition) that "experience goes a long way". 

Jordan will likely get the biggest boost from being on the Voice of the finalists. He’s an experienced gigger, just when live shows are opening up again. He should be able to upgrade his booking agency and hit the ground running.

• Like 1

After listening to all of the studios, I like Jordan’s set the best. 

TPTB: “Hey, lets give Jordan a Rihanna song! Hahahaha”

Jordan proceeds to create something interesting and fresh. 

TPTB: “Oops”

• Haha 12

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Pretty much. He`s going back to slide for his upbeat as well. This could be a good night for him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Stand Up is by far the biggest song he has sung so far. If that doesn't show what he's capable of I don't know what will.

I'm convinced people just come on here and say anything 🥴

I don't really care for the song because Willie has done it too many times already lol, but the song is dynamic. The song has low notes, high notes, falsetto, and a gospel-like finish. The biggest song he has sang this season. Not sure what else he should be singing to show his vocal abilities. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't really thing "Stay" is a bus if that's what you are implying. It's not like it's a hard song to sing. It's Rihanna. It allows him to do something different which is more compelling, at least imo. It's along the lines of Sundance singing "No One" by Alica Keys. I just listened to his studio. I personally don't care for the arrangement or his voice, but it should win him some creativity points. 

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He’s coming for Cam’s & Victors votes...smh 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

Jordan being (somewhat) hyped by IDF is one of the most random things ever :haha:

I like his studios but I don’t think neither are going to come close to Gold Dust Woman (which is one of the best performances from this season) But maybe he will surprise me.

16 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think neither are going to come close to Gold Dust Woman (which is one of the best performances from this season)

If he delivers with “Stay,” like he did in his studio, it will for me. 

Rachel and Jordan’s set is my favorite..

Haven’t gotten the chance to listen to studios, but I don’t know either of Kenzie’s songs, or one of Cam’s (I don’t think) 

Is Victor doing the Beyoncé song, or another “Freedom”...if it’s the Beyoncé song..John went all out, and Victor’s songs are actually my favorite 😆

Edited by mercfan3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mercfan3 said:

Rachel and Jordan’s set is my favorite..

Haven’t gotten the chance to listen to studios, but I don’t know either of Kenzie’s songs, or one of Cam’s (I don’t think) 

Is Victor doing the Beyoncé song, or another “Freedom”...if it’s the Beyoncé song..John went all out, and Victor’s songs are actually my favorite 😆

I'm 95% sure it's the Beyonce song based on the studio.

6 hours ago, season1 said:

Rachel - I hope you dance; The chain

YES! Rachel's set sounds like it'll be good, her ballad especially.

5 hours ago, sydneysam said:

I LOVE both of Rachel's studio!! ❤️ IHYD perfectly suited her style

So glad to hear that! ❤️ 

5 hours ago, season1 said:

I like Cam's and Rachel's songs. Just a tad disappointed that Rachel didn't get a chance to sing a Joni Mitchell song and instead she got two Fleetwood Mac songs. :/ I hope Rachel sings her ballad last and in the 2nd hour.

Yeah! I wish Rachel got a Joni song, but perhaps post-show, we can ask her to cover some Joni 🙂

5 hours ago, season1 said:

Oh geez. Maybe that's how they came up with the songs. :haha:

Joni should have changed her name to Joni MAChell :haha:

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

This is just a personal taste thing, but Victor's rasp feels out of place on I Can't Make You Love Me. It really comes through when he's singing softly, and I'm not the biggest fan of it.

I love this song, and the most important part is the emotion for me. If he brings that on stage, it'll be good for me. I haven't heard a raspy version yet so I'm not convinced I'll like it.

4 hours ago, Angeles said:

Rachel's studios are so good. 🥺❤️

Yay!! ❤️ 

• Like 1