The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

I forgot Olivia even did one :haha: They're both excellent imo ❤️ 

But to get back on topic cause I don't want to drive us off topic again:

- Do you think Victor is getting Gospel?

- Do you think Cam is getting a Pop or an R&B song?

- Do you think Rachel is getting Taylor Swift or Joni Mitchell (the most mentioned songs are from them) OR Burning House?

- Do you think Kenzie is getting The Dance?

- Do you think Jordan is doing country or southern rock or a mix of both?

1. Yes, most likely, unless they feel threatened by him pulling votes away from Cam, but either way, he`s not beating him, so might as well let him do what he does.

2. They could opt for a more poppy song for his uptempo. And there`s a chance they give him a pop ballad as well (like his blind).

3. I don`t know if they`ll push her into that direction, but it could work for her. We`ll see

4. I don`t think so at this point. They gave him a huge song this week, so I wouldn`t expect them to give him another iconic song if they want Cam to win. 

5. I think both. He`s playing electric for his upbeat most likely, which could be southern rock. As for his ballad, I think it will be country.

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

But to get back on topic cause I don't want to drive us off topic again:

- Do you think Victor is getting Gospel?

- Do you think Cam is getting a Pop or an R&B song?

- Do you think Rachel is getting Taylor Swift or Joni Mitchell (the most mentioned songs are from them) OR Burning House?

- Do you think Kenzie is getting The Dance?

- Do you think Jordan is doing country or southern rock or a mix of both?

- Forget about gospel for Victor, he's getting some jazzy song or maybe Purple Rain LMAO. 

- Cam can kill both uptempo and pop soul ballads, so he's gonna be fine. He could even get some gospel song if they want him to destroy the competition. 😇

- Rachel should get some juvenile set, so maybe Taylor swift. 

- LOL, no way Kenzie is getting The Dance. He already got his chance with He Stopped Loving Her Today. :kissbye:

- Jordan is gonna get an OK set, but he's gonna be done before the first hour :haha:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Just let Jordan be himself for one performance on the show. Something along these lines. I’ll bet hardly any viewers know he can slay the guitar like this. 

Jordan himself said he`s at peace with the show since all he wanted was to play slide on stage, and he already did. But I agree, just let him do his thing. (And let him take the Gibson home lol).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, echoap said:

- Jordan is gonna get an OK set, but he's gonna be done before the first hour :haha:

They might treat him OK, if they think he’s useful to pull votes from Kenzie. 

• Like 1

It is a subtle tactic, though. They put the one they want to win in front. I remember we talked about this during season 15. Every week, Kennedy was in front, with everyone else flanking her, just like we see in the photo above. LOL. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It is a subtle tactic, though. They put the one they want to win in front. I remember we talked about this during season 15. Every week, Kennedy was in front, with everyone else flanking her, just like we see in the photo above. LOL. 

In the Top 9 picture, they had Gihanna front and center. I guess they wanted her in the finale.

3 minutes ago, season1 said:

In the Top 9 picture, they had Gihanna front and center. I guess they wanted her in the finale.

Given her IS song, pimp spot, and what would have been her setlist next week, I think so too. TPTB wanted her there.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, season1 said:

They probably did, considering they gave her the pimp spot in the instant save. 

My theory is that TPTB wanted Dana in the finale as the token AA female rep, something that they kept up since S17 as a response to the extremely white S16 finale. But when it became clear in Top 17 week that Dana isn't getting the votes she needs to make it there, they pivoted to Gihanna, and gave her the best treatment they can give her at Top 9. Sadly, it's too little, too late.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Jordan himself said he`s at peace with the show since all he wanted was to play slide on stage, and he already did. But I agree, just let him do his thing. (And let him take the Gibson home lol).

This.

Posted (edited)

Before starting, I won’t say that I am musically inclined or have an experienced ear but I won’t say I don’t know a thing or two about vocals Or music , I have really scarce knowledge tho) I am sorry for my previous statements, who ever wins , wins. Cam’s style and vocal approach isn’t my cup of tea and I do find him overrated and it isn’t his fault but the comments on different social media platforms. For example: I have seen someone comment in cam’s playoff performance that cam is the best contestant in the show’s history and comments saying that he is on a different league (which I personally disagree I find Dana surpassing him skill wise , speaking from a vocal and musical aspect ) , and Comments saying that cam was practically the only one on pitch and vocally superior to everyone on the show in his playoffs performance, where in reality cam had off moments  ( again saying this from a musical and vocal aspect).   So I took it out in him and that’s definitely no excuse and I genuinely do feel really bad. I am sorry for trying to minimize his win or anyone’s for that matter. Again what I am trying to say is that It’s just frustrating when you see talented singers lose or leave the show due to some sort of HORROR and brutal manipulation , like Dana’s semifinals performance.Again I am so sorry. Plz don’t hate me. Plus I can’t deny cam is a vocal beast. It’s just that if I would pick a winner it would either be Kenzie or Queen Rachel. Idk but I find it satisfying when the underdog/dar horse beats like the frontrunner or top contenders.

Edited by Mohammad

27 minutes ago, Mohammad said:

Before starting, I won’t say that I am musically inclined or have an experienced ear but I won’t say I don’t know a thing or two about vocals Or music , I have really scarce knowledge tho) I am sorry for my previous statements, who ever wins , wins. Cam’s style and vocal approach isn’t my cup of tea and I do find him overrated and it isn’t his fault but the comments on different social media platforms. For example: I have seen someone comment in cam’s playoff performance that cam is the best contestant in the show’s history and comments saying that he is on a different league (which I personally disagree I find Dana surpassing him skill wise , speaking from a vocal and musical aspect ) , and Comments saying that cam was practically the only one on pitch and vocally superior to everyone on the show in his playoffs performance, where in reality cam had off moments  ( again saying this from a musical and vocal aspect).   So I took it out in him and I genuinely do feel really bad. I am sorry for trying to minimize his win or anyone’s for that matter. Again what I am trying to say is that It’s just frustrating when you see talented singers lose or leave the show due to some sort of HORROR and brutal manipulation , like Dana’s semifinals performance.Again I am so sorry. Plz don’t hate me. Plus I can’t deny cam is a vocal beast. It’s just that if I would pick a winner it would either be Kenzie or Queen Rachel. Idk but I find it satisfying when the underdog/dar horse beats like the frontrunner or top contenders.

I think this should be posted in the Unpopular Opinions Thread. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

My theory is that TPTB wanted Dana in the finale as the token AA female rep, something that they kept up since S17 as a response to the extremely white S16 finale. But when it became clear in Top 17 week that Dana isn't getting the votes she needs to make it there, they pivoted to Gihanna, and gave her the best treatment they can give her at Top 9. Sadly, it's too little, too late.

Then why did they let Kenzie close? 

8 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Then why did they let Kenzie close? 

Because Cam vs. Kenzie is the end game this season, and they have yet to pimp Kenzie.

Kenzie was gonna get PV anyway, so even if they gave Gihanna the pimp spot, I doubt it would have been enough to steal the PV from him. Gihanna's chances at the finale had always been through the Semis Instant Save, so they pimped her where it counted. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a reminder that a lot more important factors other than Facebook pics or pimp spots come into play here. Like Cam's talent for example :haha:

Cam is a natural entertainer and he's been delivering every week, so he was bound to be one of the frontrunners from day one. All the pimping in the world couldn't get you frontrunner status if you simply don't connect with the audience, which btw, is way easier for male country singers. :shiftywave:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Because Cam vs. Kenzie is the end game this season, and they have yet to pimp Kenzie.

Kenzie was gonna get PV anyway, so even if they gave Gihanna the pimp spot, I doubt it would have been enough to steal the PV from him. Gihanna's chances at the finale had always been through the Semis Instant Save, so they pimped her where it counted. 

Maybe they thought having two Team Kelly contestants in the finale would make it easier for Cam to win. 

Edited by TeamAudra