The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

7 minutes ago, Dany said:

The thing is the artist know that the record contract suck and is going nowhere after the voice so they don't want to lock their own original right with Republic. If you give your own original for a republic label single release well there is a contract that lock some of the right with them.

That is exactly what happened to Todd. He was actually given a choice to do his original Still to Come for the S18 finale, or go with the Songland song. He chose the latter because he wanted to keep the rights of Still to Come to himself.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

That is exactly what happened to Todd. He was actually given a choice to do his original Still to Come for the S18 finale, or go with the Songland song. He chose the latter because he wanted to keep the rights of Still to Come to himself.

Oh wow see I didn’t know all this stuff! So maybe the Voice is just good for exposure is American Idol the same way? 

3 minutes ago, BlaqueWorldPartyOn said:

Oh wow see I didn’t know all this stuff! So maybe the Voice is just good for exposure is American Idol the same way? 

I think Idol is a good launching pad. Because it leaves artists with a decent size fanbase (if u make it to semis atleast) the voice doesn’t really give contestants a big base (hopefully this’ll change with the presence of Ari next season) but yeah the voice to me is mainly about experience and exposure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BlaqueWorldPartyOn said:

I can't say about Idol, but I think they also like using record label rejects for originals back in the day. They're more open about actual originals now though.