The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

56 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Random question: but do you expect Cam, Savanna and Zania to be better than the leak?

Dont know, but I'm expecting Cam and Zania's fan threads to go hot tonight after the episode. Probably Carolina's too.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

100% this, just goes to show minivan can somewhat be unpredictable. He’s not my favorite contestant, but I’m definitely surprised by how much he has been disliked. 

In paper, he had a good chance: Rock/Blues guy that can do country as well. He could have enamored Minivan with Keith Withley and then show them what he really does with the Black Crowes in the KOs and win even more fans. Thats what I expected.

Wasnt counting in Minivan not really buying his blind, the Kelly controversy, how messy his battle would end up being (although I liked his parts), that he would go guitarless for his KO, and that Minivan overwhelmingly preferred Ethan despite him having some notorious pitch issues in his performance.

Jordan was one of my pre show favorites (I even made him a fan thread), and going to a show of his would be great, but this particular show is not for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think Jordan is DOA, but he definitely isn’t the threat I thought he would be.

He might be able to compete for the WC (even though he´s not winning it), or in an even more unlikely scenario (Chances that it happens are about 2%), he could be saved by Blake if he impresses him enough and depending on who gets PV. Like I said though, this last scenario is very unlikely.

Edited by Misirlou

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

He might be able to compete for the WC (even though he´s not winning it), or in an even more unlikely scenario (Chances that it happens are about 2%), he could be saved by Blake if he impresses him enough and depending on who gets PV. Like I said though, this last scenario is very unlikely.

It depends on his song choice and Anna’s. I expect him to do well live tbh.

And if he actually makes WC, never underestimate Team Blake, specially if he gets an good song choice. Bailey of all people won the WC and she wasn’t even Team Blake, so Jordan probably has a shot.

Really unlikely though. He will probably be bussed both rounds (if he even makes it to the WC that is)

Edited by Daillon

46 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Blake is a tea leaf reader. If he knows that Jordan doesn’t have public support, he’ll cut him loose. He doesn’t believe in lost causes.

4 hours ago, Daillon said:

Random question: but do you expect Cam, Savanna and Zania to be better than the leak?

To me, Anna = Pia = 9.7 and they're the highest of the season b/c of emotional connection. I want to say Cam and Zania will match that, but for even the most impressive vocal performances, I have not given higher than a 9.6 (I think I gave Dana a 9.4, I felt nothing during her performance). I suspect that I will very much enjoy Zania, and Cam likely as well.

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

gave Dana a 9.4, I felt nothing during her performance). I suspect that I will very much enjoy Zania, and Cam likely as well.

Lol you keep missing that her perfomance wasnt one where u we’re supposed to “feel” something 🤣 that wasn’t intended to be an emotional perfomance. What in the world would someone expect to feel from “nutbush city limits”

Edited by jus.vshn
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

Lol you keep missing that her perfomance wasnt one where u we’re supposed to “feel” something 🤣 that wasn’t intended to be an emotional perfomance. What in the world would someone expect to feel from “nutbush city limits”

Well, I enjoy hearing performances where I feel something. So far, she hasn't done songs like that. I rate performances based on my enjoyment of them, not based on some complex formula to calculate my enjoyment divided by the maximum enjoyment I could have attained based on the specific song choice.

5 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Me, looking again at the 4-way KO participant list trying to guess who's going to win one last time before we see the performances:

calculating the hangover GIF

I do feel like its a little more unpredictable this season. Devan is the only one I can't see winning. 

I'm sure we'll have a clearer image of the winner once the performances air.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

I do feel like its a little more unpredictable this season. Devan is the only one I can't see winning. 

Currently, my preferences are Savanna > Carolina > Emma > Devan because I don't see the first two cracking under the pressure of the lives like Emma would (Devan could go either way in the off chance he wins, but their song choices put the odds in Emma's favor over his). 

Realistically, I'd at least make Carolina and Emma even at this point, but without actually seeing the performances I don't think it's fair to say it's one artist's to lose (unlike last season where Ryan was the clear audience favorite).

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

The thing is, there is no one here with a Ryan Gallagher-esque appeal that would have made them the runaway frontrunner. 

You have Emma, a country girl on Team Blake, you have Carolina, a pop girl who could appeal to the casuals as long as she doesn´t overdo it, you have Savanna, who apparently killed it with a refreshing song choice, and even Devan, who could also appeal to the causals, albeit he is indeed the one I have a difficult time picturing as the winner.

Without hearing the performances yet, my bet is that Emma wins it because Team Blake. After seeing the performances, my prediction will probably change.

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The thing is, there is no one here with a Ryan Gallagher-esque appeal that would have made them the runaway frontrunner. 

You have Emma, a country girl on Team Blake, you have Carolina, a pop girl who could appeal to the casuals as long as she doesn´t overdo it, you have Savanna, who apparently killed it with a refreshing song choice, and even Devan, who could also appeal to the causals, albeit he is indeed the one I have a difficult time picturing as the winner.

Without hearing the performances yet, my bet is that Emma wins it because Team Blake. After seeing the performances, my prediction will probably change.

This is definitely turning out to be the most heavily anticipated 4-way KO. The only one I can't see winning this is Devan even if he does well enough, the rest depends on the quality of performances. Emma and Carolina could easily soar or flop with their song choices, and Savanna's song choice is refreshing but could be too divisive.

I hate that there's not a full version without commentary on Youtube right now (there used to be one but it must've recently been taken down because I watched it OFTEN), but here's Vanessa's version of If I Were Your Woman with only a little bit of obtrusive commentary.

AKA what we'll be comparing Zania to tonight :haha:

One of my all-time favorite KO's.

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

If it's close - I'm gonna go with Blake's contestant. 

I know it's from a while back, but that performance from Gihanna is what I was expecting based off of her tiktoks. Just beautiful. 

7 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I hate that there's not a full version without commentary on Youtube right now (there used to be one but it must've recently been taken down because I watched it OFTEN), but here's Vanessa's version of If I Were Your Woman with only a little bit of obtrusive commentary.

AKA what we'll be comparing Zania to tonight :haha:

One of my all-time favorite KO's.

LOL I loved these two, it´s a shame they don´t do voice reactions anymore, imagine them reacting to Dana´s KO.

• Like 1