The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Who's the worse coach: Nick or the-coach-who-shall-not-be-named?

Nick has yet to openly, blatantly sacrifice one member for another, so I think he's ahead.  Barely.

Ironic, since Nick's the one whom I wanted to be his replacement, and I was initially happy that that finally came to pass.  Now . . . I kind of wish that they'd gotten Nate Reuss of fun. instead since his decision-making has been almost as bad.

Edited by Rodney

Just now, Rodney said:

Nick has yet to openly, blatantly sacrifice one member for another, so I think he's ahead.  Barely.

Ironic, since Nick's the one whom I wanted to be his replacement, and I was initially happy that that finally came to pass.  Now . . . I kind of which that they'd gotten Nate Reuss of fun. instead.

A fairer answer than I expected - I agree with this assessment.

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Ironic, since Nick's the one whom I wanted to be his replacement, and I was initially happy that that finally came to pass.  Now . . . I kind of which that they'd gotten Nate Reuss of fun. instead.

They need a Brandon Urie type, if they want to fill Adam's seat with a similar style/genre.

Although Pink or Lady Gaga I would give a seat to.

10 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She was?  Who was the odds-on favorite in AI1?

Well, I don't wanna cloud this forum with discussions that aren't related to spoilers for The Voice S20. But primarily Idol season 1 was somewhere between Justin Guarini and Tamyra Gray (?), at first. KC's audition didn't aired, she only made an appearance later in the competition and wasn't even a judges pick. The public voted for her out of the blue and everybody was shocked but didn't complain, because she wasn't bad. She grew during the competition and then A MOOOMENT LIKE THIIISSSS. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Team Kelly Coach Save Scenarios:

• If Gihanna is the save, it's a toss-up between Zae and Corey for the wildcard since both have backstories that may get them better edits and one has the growth arc while the other has the four-chair turn (which shouldn't matter, but given the increasing rarity of four chairs it sets the expected performance quality higher for Zae than Corey)
  • If Corey is the save, I'm leaning Gihanna over Zae given the audience flocks to the level-headed teenagers if country isn't an option
  • If Zae is the save, I'm leaning Corey over Gihanna (by just a hair) given his growth arc + sob story + being a returning contestant, which in combination might be enough to take Gihanna off the table. This is definitely the least likely scenario since Kelly is generally loyal to her team, but it's not completely impossible.

wow, i'd actually say gihanna over corey for zae save, but i can see where you're coming from. i suspect gihanna will get the save but i'd love to see more before committing to a guess.

i'm excited to see gihanna's run, as well. she picked one of my favorite songs for her BA (she used to be mine) and she has a really cool voice. i actually sometimes go back and forth on her, cause i definitely love her, but her tone is juuuuust nasally enough for it to throw me off a little. either way, i'll very likely be voting for her bc she's very good, but i'm curious to see if anyone else also feels the same way about her tone?

11 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

They need a Brandon Urie type, if they want to fill Adam's seat with a similar style/genre.

this!!! brendan's a good vocalist but i have a strange aversion to panic at the disco so i'll stick with pink or lady gaga. i doubt that kelly will leave any time soon, but either one would be a great replacement imo (i love the clips of lady gaga standing up to rude interviewers lmao, something tells me she has a great personality just like kelly). 

i'd love gwen to replace nick and for her to stay for a while. john can become a rotating coach lmao, we could get jhud / alicia when they're not busy

• Like 2

Anyone thinking who the locks are for each team no matter if they get the PV or not?

Blake: Cam, he's saving him and ditched his 2 country threats: Ethan and Avery, to keep him as his frontrunner I'd say. If beaten by Pete or Jordan, Blake will save him.

Kelly: Gihanna, there's no way Kenzie isn't getting the PV. And if he somehow didn't, I'd still say Kelly might even ditch him(but still, scenario in Kenzie not getting PV is close to 0%) for Gihanna, she's a powerful teenage type and she can kill it with her pipes. She'll take her to the Semis.

Nick: Rachel, a soft spot he has for her. Throwing Zae out for her, he pretty much is doing what Adam did for Reagan.(incoming Robegate 2.0? :ph34rwave:) If Dana is the PV, he'll save Rachel.

John: This is hard to predict, but I'll just assume Victor is PV(hard to gauge his team, but he could be the most likely to get it, unless if Ryleigh is the Indie-girl that Team Minivan is appealed to with another ballad) I'll just say Pia, take a gamble for his team.

4-Way KO winners: Emma with her nerves wouldn't get even get the WC, if she somehow won this round.(Good song choice though)

Devan, Idk, but his song choice isn't Minivan friendly(noticeable people get eliminated after singing Sign Of The Times, besides Jackie/D.R) I maybe could see him going to the WC if Nick's other two members flop.

Carolina - Did sources say she was okay? If so, maybe Devan has a chance to win! Not much to say, but being on John's team is still hard to gauge who will get the support. WC potentially, but may not even win the KO.

Savanna - People say she killed it, and a song not done before on this show. I think she'll win it(barring she keeps COVID protocol in her mind) Although against Gihanna/Kenzie/Corey/Zae, all have voting potential, its not looking good for Savanna, but she can kill it at least one more round before leaving off with a bang. Who knows, maybe she does get the WC and try for the Semis.

32 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

i always root for my favorite contestants no matter who their coach is...

however, as a little monster, if Gaga were to be a coach, i promise you all i will vote EXCLUSIVELY for Team Gaga whether i like them or not !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She was?  Who was the odds-on favorite in AI1?

Yeah, I guess you could call her one. Kelly’s audition wasn’t fully aired on TV. Justin and Tamyra were the judge favorites. Kelly kind of snuck in starting with “Respect” in the Semis and after Tamyra was robbed, it was pretty much Kelly vs. Justin, which is one of the most unbalanced Top 2s in talent show history.

• Thanks 1

I’d say the only true finale lock is Kenzie, Cam and Dana to a lesser extent. Anything else can happen..Victor can get stuck with contemporary songs and maybe Pia or Ryleigh might take his spot. Or maybe Gihanna flops and Corey swoops in for CS. Maybe Savanna wins the 4-way KO and wins the WC....

Rachel has the type of voice that minivan will like. A young, female folk-singer songwriter type of voice. She might get PV with that

37 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Well, I don't wanna cloud this forum with discussions that aren't related to spoilers for The Voice S20. But primarily Idol season 1 was somewhere between Justin Guarini and Tamyra Gray (?), at first. KC's audition didn't aired, she only made an appearance later in the competition and wasn't even a judges pick. The public voted for her out of the blue and everybody was shocked but didn't complain, because she wasn't bad. She grew during the competition and then A MOOOMENT LIKE THIIISSSS. 

Interesting. I figured she just dominated from wire to wire, but I didn’t watch it. 

• Like 2

Updated power ranking:

1. Kenzie - high floor, high ceiling 

2. Cam - high floor, high ceiling

3. Dana - high floor, low ceiling. By low ceiling, I mean 3-5th place is her ceiling. 
4-5. Jordan and Pete, because one of them is getting through, and will have an excellent chance of making the finale, but they both have a low floor, because they aren’t both going to make it.  
6. Victor - high floor, low ceiling. 

I can’t rank the rest yet. 

Edited by TeamAudra

9 hours ago, Misirlou said:

... Anna is probably doomed considering she´s with the guy who is loyal to his original members. 

Blake saved/picked steals in the playoffs before so I wouldn't say that Anna has no chance. Blake steals that he picked to advance are Jessie Pitts  (S7 battle steal), Hannah Kirby (S8 KO Steal), Chloe Kohanski in Season 13 (taped playoffs), Oliv Blu (S16 battle steal).  However, since S18 when they turned the seasons into bloodbath live rounds, Blake has yet to pick a steal to advance to semis.

9 hours ago, pauwis said:

Maybe Andrew did great, but I feel like it's an attempted apology from Nick.

I think Nick just "parked" Andrew on Team Blake and he planned to "steal" him back in KOs. I predicted on the KO thread that Andrew will be Nick's steal.

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Interesting. I figured she just dominated from wire to wire, but I didn’t watch it. 

Perhaps you should give it a try. Idol's first season is one of the best things I've ever seen on television and it's a mass media historical landmark. It's like watching SNL's first/second season. They were just doing their thing and slowly producing a phenomenom. Nobody had any idea. 

Edited by SNI2