The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

rio lana is good, but her tone isn't for me. i wish her success on the show though b/c she is definitely good. same sort of thing as with gean, except her tone is more approachable to me. i might even support her / like her on the show.

All That What GIF by chelsiekenyon

Hey, @Bk1234, do you have anything more specific regarding the Jordan/Keegan battle? I think I heard that Keegan was vocally better but Jordan had better stage presence, but havent explicitly heard if it was a good or bad battle.

Also, did anyone here saw it live?

Edited by Misirlou

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Hey, @Bk1234, do you have anything more specific regarding the Jordan/Keegan battle? I think I heard that Keegan was vocally better but Jordan had better stage presence, but havent explicitly heard if it was a good or bad battle.

Also, did anyone here saw it live?

-Nick and Kelly picked Jordan. 
-John picked Keegan, with him pushing the fact that the show was called “The Voice,” therefore the best voice should win. 
-Nick thinks Jordan could be a finalist. 
-Source preferred Keegan, but thought that the song wasn’t a good fit for both.

-My source was happy that Keegan was stolen, but would have liked to see Nick save his steal for a showstopper.

31 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

-Nick and Kelly picked Jordan. 
-John picked Keegan, with him pushing the fact that the show was called “The Voice,” therefore the best voice should win. 
-Nick thinks Jordan could be a finalist. 
-Source preferred Keegan, but thought that the song wasn’t a good fit for both.

-My source was happy that Keegan was stolen, but would have liked to see Nick save his steal for a showstopper.

This battle is giving me Mitchell Lee vs Dennis Drummond (S13) vibes, a battle I enjoyed but IDF didn't, so I dont expect this one to be liked either lol.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Yeah. I thought they blended wonderfully. The hate mostly came because it ended up in a steal in a season full of IDF favorites.

I was not yet in IDF that season. I think some hated that battle performance because Mitchell was leaning towards country and a Minivan bait also. While I agree that there are a lot of IDF favorites who may have deserved the steal, I think Dennis was worth that steal from Adam and he was the way for Addison to move forward in the competition.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

@Bk1234do you have some more specific info on Gihanna vs Halley and Anna vs Ainae?

Anna vs. Ainae

-Blake preferred Anna because he felt she wasn’t holding back.

-Nick and John preferred Ainae since the song was more in her wheelhouse.

-Nick liked the choices Ainae made in the performance.

-Blake tried to steal, but waited too long in an attempt to make it suspenseful.

-One of my sources also preferred Anna.

-Kelly admitted that the song choice was against Anna, but said that Anna worked really hard and pushed herself.

Gihanna vs. Halley

-Source preferred Gihanna and said she did better. 
-Halley hit a whistle note. 
-Overall, they thought it was a great battle. 
-The coaches all preferred Gihanna.

-Nick compared Gihanna to Beyoncé. 
-Nick didn’t think the song was right for Halley, but said her voice was really unique. 
-John called Gihanna one of the best of the season. 
-The coaches thought Halley rose to the occasion despite the poor song choice. 

• Thanks 2