The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So far the only overhyping I´ve seen has been directed towards Cam. Some of IDF is already expecting dissapointment from Dana or don´t like her that much.

Yeah which is great, because it leaves a lot of room for her to impress them and blow them away.

also, I think you guys are overestimating Zae. Just because he got a four chair turn. Zae seems like the kind to have an exceptional audition then flop in the other rounds like Tamara. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

17-year-old Spanish singer on Team Legend. I forgot abt her lol 😂

@Bk1234 To be fair, there are 40 artists and only one of me. I'm still slowly researching the contestants on social media bc I'm trying not to get too overhyped by someone. I learned my lesson from last season with Lain lol 😅

BTW, I think Carolina is a phenomenal singer (definitely check her IG). You might be right actually: Carolina could be John's frontrunner instead of Victor. 🤔

5 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

BTW, I think Carolina is a phenomenal singer (definitely check her IG). You might be right actually: Carolina could be John's frontrunner instead of Victor. 🤔

I'm actually glad that Carolina chose John over Kelly. Kelly's team is already stacked, she definitely doesn't need another phenomenal singer on her team 😍

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

We're never having a female winner again aren't we? Oh well, its fun to speculate which male country singer will win.

We have some really talented girls this season from what it seems, but so far, the only one I could see being well recieved by Minivan is Ghianna, and maybe Dana. I don´t see any of the others doing it for them. 

The male cast this season, on the other hand, is Minivan bait for the most part, but of course everything could change when the season begins. Who knows.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

We're never having a female winner again aren't we? Oh well, its fun to speculate which male country singer will win.

I hope we get proved wrong and a female does win. As much as you guys say Anna Grace can’t win I don’t think it’s impossible. Another one I could see winning is Carolina.

Once again, We just have to wait and see🤔

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Watch Carolina be John's Mandi Castillo 2.0 😂

I checked her IG. Yes she sings Spanish songs but she also sings non-spanish songs she got a big range almost like Jacquie Lee and Jackie Foster. If she take on big songs she can be John's front-runner. I think her spanish BA song didn't do her any favors and she's on Taping 6 (second to the last) maybe that's why she only turned John and Kelly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, disney1024 said:

At the end of the day, if Cam is still on Team Blake once live shows start, I don't see him in the finale. I would love to be wrong but I know how Minivan works... 🙄

There is a way, actually.  If team quotas again exist, then I can see them slotting Cam last in the final Instant Save even if he's not the last one sent there like with Toneisha two seasons ago and Ian last season.  I'm starting to think that the producers really want Blake to be represented by two people in the finale every season, so I could see them doing that to Cam, too, if he reaches the semifinals.

34 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I checked her IG. Yes she sings Spanish songs but she also sings non-spanish songs she got a big range almost like Jacquie Lee and Jackie Foster. If she take on big songs she can be John's front-runner. I think her spanish BA song didn't do her any favors and she's on Taping 6 (second to the last) maybe that's why she only turned John and Kelly.

Yeah, as long as TPTB doesn't try to keep her in that Mandi Castillo lane, she could be a standout on the RnB-stacked Team Legend.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Probably unpopular, but I think that’s partly because we haven’t had a strong female cast in a while. S18’s was pretty good but the guys were good as well and they outperformed the girls when it mattered the most. 

S14-S16 didn’t have strong female casts either imo, but the male talent was non-existent in those seasons.

Obviously it’s not like that’s the main factor. Rose and Katie were fantastic and they couldn’t beat Jake and Ricky.

This season is the first one in a long time (probably since S7) where it looks like the guys are better than the girls (these are first impressions, so I might change my opinion when watching the actual show)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Daillon said:

This season is the first one in a long time (probably since S7) where it looks like the guys are better than the girls (these are first impressions, so I might change my opinion when watching the actual show)

Agree. This season (solely based on the spoilers) is looking like S7 part 2, AKA a male dominated season. But of course, everything could change once the show airs.

I do have to say though, the strongest female cast we have ever gotten in my opinion was S13's. It was obvious that a girl was winning that season. The strongest male cast we had for me was on S7, and it obviously made sense that a guy won it.

I'd say S18 was pretty even for the longest time, until the semfinals, where the guys did better. 

• Like 2

Agree. This season (solely based on the spoilers) is looking like S7 part 2, AKA a male dominated season. But of course, everything could change once the show airs.

I do have to say though, the strongest female cast we have ever gotten in my opinion was S13's. It was obvious that a girl was winning that season. The strongest male cast we had for me was on S7, and it obviously made sense that a guy won it.

I'd say S18 was pretty even for the longest time, until the semfinals, where the guys did better. 

I think the strongest female cast was in S4.

• Like 1

Yeah, them as well, but I prefered S5's by hair.

Overall I prefer S5 to every other season. I previously said that S4's Female cast was better. It's coz it had Danielle/Amber/Michelle/Sasha/Judith/Sarah. While S5 only had Tess, Jaquie and Caroline.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That being said, I think Ghianna and Dana are probably the ones with bigger chances to get support from Minivan so far.

I can't wait til we get Battles/KO spoilers so that we can determine this more easily.

• Like 2