The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, moonlighty said:

Hopefully after Someone's post people will stop complaining and demanding, let's just enjoy the season we have and not be difficult to the crew who works hard to bring us consistent spoilers every season!

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

25 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Demanding is a bit much yes but what I’m confused on is why we gotta wait till season 19 is over ? I don’t ever recalling waiting a whole season so it’s just confusing and weird, ESPECIALLY since season 19 is tapped and out of the way. And I really don’t wanna private message someone LOL 

We always wait a "whole season" the fall season doesn't even tape blinds until the spring season is complete. Also season 19 isn't over, it still has live shows. Plus season 20 still has battles and KO to tape, and that won't be until January. You don't really want to get the artists in trouble & make their lives difficult. 

As a point of comparison, the spoiler thread for last years spring season wasn't even started until a week into November, and we didn't have any names until well after that 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4

Lol now we're having serious communication problems :haha:. Afaik, Someone648's only asking not to reveal contestant names just yet. So I suppose everything else is actually allowed.

Like season1 suggested, we can still discuss # of chair turns, genres, strongest teams, potential snowflake killers, etc. Anything but names... For now. 

Also, a new season just started so I think playoffs week should be a proper time to release more detailed info, since that's around the time when everybody's hopes and dreams for the season die :haha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

Afaik, Someone648's only asking not to reveal contestant names just yet. So I suppose everything else is actually allowed.

Like season1 suggested, we can still discuss # of chair turns, genres, strongest teams, potential snowflake killers, etc. Anything but names... For now. 

I’d hold off on doing this till @Someone648 confirms it’s allowed. 

9 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I just realized that this is a reference to Danielle. 💖

Haha I don't know when Danielle auditioned but I guess I described Danielle as the contestant, though not on purpose (she was a pop-country singer back then). :teeheewave:

Edited by season1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, season1 said:

Haha I don't know when Danielle auditioned but I guess I described Danielle as the contestant, though not on purpose (she was a pop-country singer back then). :teeheewave:

I don’t know when she auditioned either, but the blonde 16 year old girl with a three-chair turn description just made me instantly think of Danielle. 💖

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Let me put it this way.

We don't know when battles and KO's will be taped, but we anticipate that they will be taped sometime in January so that they will be prepared for a late February or early March debut.  That means we have a whole THREE months when the battles begin.

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.  Whether it's their own fault, the fault of their family members, or the fault of said zealot, this artist is now growing a fan following on the internet because of their ties to The Voice.  This could be looked at as an unfair advantage to the rest of the competition, trying to solicit fans to vote for said artist on the Voice two full conpetition rounds before TPTB gives artists permission to reveal that they auditioned for the Voice.  In that case, do you really think NBC is going to let that person continue in the competition?  Wouldn't it make more sense if they straight up disqualified the contestant before the battle rounds started?

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

Us concealing the spoilers isn't just us trying to adhere to the NDA and not get fined.  We're trying to protect the artists too, so we can celebrate when we do get to see their blinds and battles and knockouts and beyond.

Edited by Minhtam
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Minhtam said:

Let me put it this way.

We don't know when battles and KO's will be taped, but we anticipate that they will be taped sometime in January so that they will be prepared for a late February or early March debut.  That means we have a whole THREE months when the battles begin.

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.  Whether it's their own fault, the fault of their family members, or the fault of said zealot, this artist is now growing a fan following on the internet because of their ties to The Voice.  This could be looked at as an unfair advantage to the rest of the competition, trying to solicit fans to vote for said artist on the Voice two full conpetition rounds before TPTB gives artists permission to reveal that they auditioned for the Voice.  In that case, do you really think NBC is going to let that person continue in the competition?  Wouldn't it make more sense if they straight up disqualified the contestant before the battle rounds started?

And before you say "Oh, that will never happen," explain Hannah Goebel's sudden disappearance in S14 during the battle rounds.  Did she really have the flu?  Or did someone publicize her name in between blinds and battles while S13 live rounds were being taped, and that NBC forced Hannah and related parties to claim that she had the flu so that they don't speak about what had really happened?

Us concealing the spoilers isn't just us trying to adhere to the NDA and not get fined.  We're trying to protect the artists too, so we can celebrate when we do get to see their blinds and battles and knockouts and beyond.

that's a really sad thought. anyway at this point if people beg ask for spoilers in this thread, it's probably best to ignore it. this and someone's response earlier were great explanations and if people don't get it by now, no amount of explaining will get to them.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Minhtam said:

Let's say some zealot decided to ruin the party by spoiling the name of a 4-chair turn today.  Then that name gets publicized like wildfire on the internet.  What will that do?  That will effectively sabotage that artist's ability to advance in the competition.

Ouuu so I should just say all the country singers I know because I can’t stand none of them 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, thevoicefan12 said:

All I want to know is why they switch John and Nick's chairs lol? I don't really care for spoilers now, I have Season 19's, I just hope the chemistry is better and a more watchable season than 18's.

If I have to make a theory on that, it's probably because Kelly and Nick had so many head-to-head battles in the Blind Auditions.  So they swapped John and Nick so that the Kelly v. Nick battles optically look better on screen, especially given chairs are as spread apart as you currently see in Season 19.

You might not really think optics are a big deal, but they make a pretty damn big difference.  The reason why Adam got the left-most chair for 16 seasons is because he's left handed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ilovethevoice242 said:

Hey! Haven’t been on here since I attended Sunday’s taping lol. Not going to say any spoilers but all imma say is we got someone that sounds extremely similar to Kyla Jade. Range, power,vocals. 

Get that woman on Blake's team and give her the win! AA-Female winner incoming! (I'm delusional, but one can hope)

Just don't buss her with a Garth Brooks throwaway original in the Finale.

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:44 AM, Minhtam said:

I think NBC will not do this part like forcing an artist to quit. tbh The spoiler will not mean anything until it is shown on National TV. 

I was not really impressed though with Hannah Goebel's Audition.

I think the main reason she left is because Alicia Keys is not her coach.

About Cody Ray, I think he doesn't really want Kelly as a coach because he wants a male coach like Adam and he just chose Kelly because only JHud and Kelly turned. When he finally had a chance to move to other team Kelly insist and still pick him to move knowing that can be stolen. I think that's really the main reason.

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think NBC will not do this part like forcing an artist to quit. tbh The spoiler will not mean anything until it is shown on National TV. 

About Cody Ray, I think he doesn't really want Kelly as a coach because he wants a male coach like Adam and he just chose Kelly because only JHud and Kelly turned. When he finally had a chance to move to other team Kelly insist and still pick him to move knowing that can be stolen. I think that's really the main reason.

No, they totally could.  Auditioning for the Voice requires you to sign a waiver that literally puts you at NBC's beck and call.  So if you don't play ball, they'll make you take the fall.

I'm not saying that's what really went down, because no one really knows, but we can't deny the possibility that NBC would play the DQ card in that scenario.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jyn Mycle said:

I think your reasoning for them quitting is much unlikelier than what @Minhtam suggested. I don't think anybody would quit The Voice because they wanted a different coach. They worked so hard to get to that opportunity that they wouldn't let go of it so easily because things didn't go their way. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I think your reasoning for them quitting is much unlikelier than what @Minhtam suggested. I don't think anybody would quit The Voice because they wanted a different coach. They worked so hard to get to that opportunity that they wouldn't let go of it so easily because things didn't go their way. 

It's not impossible, because some people have their ways just to get close to their idol. Even doing something like joining the show.

I can't give an example which is related on The Voice but do you know the Hana Kimi japanese manga/anime/series. Where this girl risk getting to an all male dorm just to have this goal for his crush.

Chloe Kohanski joined the voice because she's obsessed with Miley. 

Also I remembered Nolan Neal back at S11 told he was long time obsessed with Alicia but still picked Adam.

I think these are examples but not saying left the show but on Chloe's part you can see how sad she is when she's not picked by her Idol Miley on KOs

• Like 1

Correct.  A disappearance between rounds on The Voice would have to be a much more considerably serious reason.  A rare example would be S8's Anthony Riley (R.I.P) quitting the Voice to check-in to a rehabilitation center.  I highly doubt that NBC would allow artists to audition with a record of mental health issues since Season 8 though.

So, disappearing from a competition because of a DQ seems quite likely.  Only other reason I could think of would be something medically related.

7 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

It's not impossible, because some people have their ways just to get close to their idol. Even doing something like joining the show.

I can't give an example which is related on The Voice but do you know the Hana Kimi japanese manga/anime/series. Where this girl risk getting to an all male dorm just to have this goal for his crush.

Chloe Kohanski joined the voice because she's obsessed with Miley. 

Also I remembered Nolan Neal back at S11 told he was long time obsessed with Alicia but still picked Adam.

I think these are examples but not saying left the show but on Chloe's part you can see how sad she is when she's not picked by her Idol Miley on KOs

That's an awful example to prove your point.  Anybody would be sad if their idol didn't let them through to the next round, but Chloe still went on to win Season 13 with Blake.

Edited by Minhtam
  • Like 1