Most hated or disliked seasons by IDF

Gustavo527

Ok, we all know which is THAT one season that is mostly hated here (one of the few things that saved that season was having an actually great winner) but i'm curious to know which other seasons you think were underwhelming and why. And also, why you think THAT one season mentioned above is generally hated. (I didn't do a poll because very obvious that THAT season is gonna win it, but maybe i'll do one later)

People here say seasons fourteen and fifteen also qualify, but I have no idea why in the case of the former.  I actually really enjoyed season fourteen a lot.

The latter, I get.  Not a lot of Blinds impressed me, I only really go back and watch two Battles (Kymberli vs. OneUp, and Tyshawn vs. Zaxai), and even the Knockouts didn't sell me other than Kymberli's, Kennedy's, and Chevel's.  But the Lives were at least more solid, and I am one of the few people who actually liked the big controversy, since it ultimately had a lasting effects that led to my least favorite coach's the eventual departure.

Aside from that, though, yeah.  I'm not that impressed with the season 15.

The most hated season by far was the one you suggested, and there are two reasons why: The Cross Battles and Team Blake´s dominance. IDF already had pegged a winner in Maelyn, but they had several favorites as well, and none of them made due to Team Blake´s country dudes and Kim Cherry, who wasn´t particularly liked here later. And the Cross Battles just had almost everyone performing at their worst. Several frontrunners stumbled, and overall there were few good performances.

And the ironic part of this, is that on the first week of blinds for this particular season IDF was at it´s most positive ever I think. Almost every artist from the first two episodes was liked, and people were saying that it was going to be a short but sweet season. Little they expected...😂 Unpopular opinion: I actually enjoyed S16. The CB were a mess, but the dynamic was fun, and with the exception of Gyth, I enjoyed the country dudes.

Coming up next, I´ve seen a lot of hate towards Season 11, and there has been lots of complaints about not only the results, but the overall talent of that season, with many saying it´s the worst. Season 14 is also seen as very underwhelming, especially after the beloved S13, not to mention the winner is polarizing. 

After those two, I´d say S15 comes next, mainly because IDF hates that Mackenzie wasn´t in the finale, and Chris and Kirk were. 

In an additional note, I honestly think S17 has been by far the best of the recent seasons. I don´t think I have enjoyed a season like this since S10.

Edited by Misirlou

Ok, in my personal opinion, i'm not the gratest fan of Season 11:  

- Sarayah shouldn´t have won the knockout over Michael. and her performance of "Livin On a Prayer" was mediocre, sorry

- Darby was terrible, one of the very few things i actually agree with team Minivan, can't believe Miley picked her over Belle and Sophia 

- Courtney was a huge dissapointment. I had high expectations about her after her knockout but Playoffs onwards she kept getting worse and worse and worse...

- Austin was trash, i don´t need to say more here 

- I didn´t care for neither Aaron or Brendan, their tones doesn´t appeal to me (although they had some enjoyable performances, like "Hurt" and "Angel", respectively, and if i,m being honest,, i actually liked all of Aaron´s instant save performances)  

- Christian was great in the pre-recorded rounds (His battle with Jason was and will always be iconic), but his live performances, while good, were just not as impressive 

-Ali was ROBBED, but even her had some weak moments ("9 to 5", what were you thinking Miley!) and i dont consider her to being as good as other divas, (still, she should have been in the finale, there is no discussion about that) 

- Josh robbed Ali for being on the finally, i don't see nothing special about him, but of course, America loves their white country male singers so yeah.

- We had really bad song choices, she was very unconsistent, (not half as bad as Courtney, but still), and, unfortunately, while i think she was still good EVEN with the bad song choices, i have to say that she peaked at her knockout (Untill she sang "Don't Rain on my Parade" and slayed her competition but it was too late and she wasn't gonna win over Billy or Sundance anyway, so it´s ok)

Overall, i think Billy and Sundance deserved Top 2, Billy was not my favorite in the beggining but i have to say he really grew on me during live shows and became one of my favorite contestans of The Voice ever. And Sundance was really good, and, in my personal  opinion, one of the best country singers that this show has ever witnessed.

So that's it, with a few exceptions,  i´m not a fan of Season 11, but i still enyojed somehow. It was good, just not half as good as other seasons. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

Season 11 was really bad. For me, that was the worst. I actually hated season 18 too, because of the lack of live performances. S15 was one of my favorites, and I not gonna lie...”Robe” was a big part of it.  🙃 There were at least three IDF threads moving so quickly that it was difficult to keep up for several days. 

• Like 4

Season 11 was a disaster, Finale even more so. 

Season 16 was 2nd to it, only saving grace was The Queen saving us all.

Season 14 and 15 were just more underwhelming, but not really bad. We had good people in each one of those.

Season 7 was blah too, but at least Matt/Taylor/DaNica stood out to keep it interesting.

• Like 1

S1 was probably the weakest the only good thing there was Javier Colon 

S2 was also a weak season but it atleast had QUEEN JULIET and the legendary battle of Jessie VS Anthony

S15  had ALOT of talent but as the season went it didn't prove out to be great afterwards.

S16  It was a decent season after the blinds I thought top 4 will/should be Jej/Domenic/Gyth/Maelyn but as the season went Jej totally flopped in the live performances and Domenic was ROBBED cz of Adam's haters. Maelyn remain consistent( Even though I don't love her like the others but I respect her due to her musical abilities) Gyth also remained consistent(until GBTUSA). Mari got ROBBED just like Domenic got robbed. In the meantime Dexter came out of no where with his stellar performance of Here Without You and out of the three on the IS Andrew gave the better performance and he earned that spot. So at the end I think the top 4 were deserving.

Edited by Zainab Tufail
  • Like 2

Season 11 wasn't an awful season, just an underwhelming one. Darby and Sa'Rayah should've been gone in the playoffs (Sa'Rayah in the KOs, but I digress), Courtney fell apart vocally after her KO, Aaron won the Instant Save three separate times (and did better in the Instant Saves than he did in the actual performance slots he had), Christian struggled compared to his pre-taped rounds (went from being quite solid to just "eh"), Ali should've been in the finale, if Josh Gallagher's voice was a spice it'd be flour, and even my favorite from the pre-taped rounds struggled sometimes with her songs (though she did have a couple solid moments). I will say that the right final two got winner and runner-up of the four in the finale, at least, so while the overall season could've been better it wasn't an absolute dumpster fire.

S14's biggest problem was that it followed after S13's cast, which was well-loved (for the most part), diverse stylistically, and produced a number of strong performances. S15's pre-taped rounds were mostly underwhelming, but the biggest gripe I saw was that Blake got two in the finale over other online favorites - if it had been just Kirk and MaKenzie or Kymberli swapped in for Chris, I think the number of complaints would've gone down quite a bit. Also, Robegate ended up giving the show a lot more controversy than had been previously experienced (beyond the couple of times an artist got triple-montaged).

The-Season-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named was frustrating to watch, since the Cross Battles knocked out a lot of the non-Blake artists and Team Blake continued to dominate up until he had a 3 vs. 1 in the finale and lost it to Team Legend's Queen. It was doubly frustrating for me since I felt it was the strongest Team Adam had been in a while by the time we got to the Cross Battles (Mari, LB, Kalvin, Domenic, Kendra, Rod, Andrew J, and Celia) yet some of the stronger artists on the team had to be saved by Adam or stolen by another coach to stay on the show. If it ever came out that the rumors the Cross Battles were created to get Adam to not want to come back, I wouldn't be that surprised.

Season 11 was literally a disaster season for me. I loved Sundance and Ali, but other than them? Boring. (I don't like Billy, he is not my cup of tea, he is sometimes a bit too dated). Glad that Sundance won after the robbery of Queen Ali.

Season 18 was like the 2nd worst. It just bored me to death, because of the lack of live shows and I haven't had the chance to see more of the artists' potential. I only loved Kailey (robbed), Megan, and Todd here.

Season 16 was obviously the worst. The country dudes dominated it and the format was just cringe-worthy. I could not stand watching the Cross Battles, and hearing the same tone (country) for like a multiple times. I only loved Maelyn and Rizzi here, and I am glad the Queen won, or else, I would probably stop watching the show after this season lmao. Jej and Kayslin was a favorite of mind pre-lives but they both flopped ugh

S16 had the worst cast and the worst format, so that alone makes it the worst season for me.

S11 has a terrible cast as well (I only liked Ali), but it has a better format.

S14 and S15 were awful, the lives were a tragedy (only Kyla, Makenzie and Kennedy could stay on pitch for the most part) but they weren’t as bad as the first two.

Edited by Daillon

I don't get why there's so much hate for Season 11 but for me it's one of the best because I liked all the Top 12 except Austin and Courtney which I'm so glad when they were eliminated at the same time. Of course Ali not making the Finale kinda makes sad.

BTW We all know Michael Sanchez was robbed but Sa'Rayah was also good except her Top 12 performance which is a mess. Her rendition of I'd Rather Go Blind is one of my favorites and very underrated. Even Alicia really liked her saving her to Top 12.

21 hours ago, Daillon said:

S16 had the worst cast and the worst format, so that alone makes it the worst season for me.

S11 has a terrible cast as well (I only liked Ali), but it has a better format.

S14 and S15 were awful, the lives were a tragedy (only Kyla, Makenzie and Kennedy could stay on pitch for the most part) but they weren’t as bad as the first two.

MaKenzie on Vision of Love. Hmmmm??

42 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Her rendition of I'd Rather Go Blind is one of my favorites and very underrated. Even Alicia really liked her saving her to Top 12.

That I have to AGREE. She surprised me during the Playoffs, she was hated on the Knockouts but she turned heads during that performance, and I can say I am really proud, I love me some underdogs. She actually had the 2nd or 3rd highest tweets/retweets that time on Alicia's team lmao