Jump to content

TMS Week 2 Discussion Thread - The Group B Premiere - Six More Masks


Recommended Posts

Just now, thevoiceisthetop said:

OMG THE DRAMA. I can't believe Gremlin is quitting

is this a setup by producers or something? because they could edit that out

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm ready!

Same, but he is really good! 😮    Definitely don't hear John Legend in his voice.     The other two seem like good guesses. I could kinda hear it being Leslie Odom, Jr. 😮 

LMAOOO The Gremlin eliminating himself. :dead: 

 

I'm guessing Mickey Rourke had a one performance deal. Or he knew he was by far the worse and just wanted to spare the voters the pain of voting. Or he didn't want to rob the better singers? IDK but it's all so weird. :dead: 

 

Well done to Jenny guessing this right. :haha: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

idek who this is

I don't know a lot about Mickey Rourke, but know he's an actor and has gone through A LOT with a bad past.  I know he was in the press a lot a few years ago. He seems to be doing better now so that's good.

 

6 minutes ago, taylorkat said:

Ugh, please don't make my ears hear that again. 😛

 

5 minutes ago, istersay said:

minions GIF

 

he saved us from hearing him next time

:dead: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of this group, I'm liking Crocodile, Seahorse, and Serpent.

 

I didn't mind seeing Gremlin unmask himself; he was easily the worst of the group. I had a feeling he was an older celebrity and that turned out to be the case.

 

As for the others, I have no idea; however, I want to lean towards Leslie Odom, Jr. for Serpent. With how many times he's been guessed, I definitely want to see Donnie Wahlberg appear on the show with no one on the panel guessing him correctly. :haha:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I showing my age if I have zero idea who Mickey Rourke is lol

Like I've absolutely heard his name before but can't tell you a single thing he's been in or what he's done.

 

 

Also, Seahorse > Serpent > Crocodile > Baby Alien > Whatchamacallit.

Very pleased with the group! I'd give all but Whatchamacallit at least a B based on tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thevoiceisthetop said:

it says on the wikipedia that next week is group A playoffs so when is group c going

that's what i was wondering, why isn't group c going first

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Group B was really good. I especially loved Seahorse and Serpent. :wub: 

 

I was reminded of Camila Cabello's voice at the start of Seahorse's performance, but not so much once it hit the chorus. Could maybe say the same about Carly Rae Jepsen. I don't hear any of the voices the judges said!

 

Will spoiler tag this just in case it's right since it appears a lot of people are thinking this: 

 

 

I can actually hear Tori Kelly's voice for Seahorse and especially on that "hey" in the chorus. 😮  She is also great at voice impressions so could easily throw us off with some parts. I'll also add that the clue about "a quiet place" stood out me in the preview episode, and Tori not only has an album called Hiding Place, but the lyric to her song Psalm 42 starts off with the lyric "There's a quiet place." This totally makes sense.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  

On 9/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, taylorkat said:

Who is this? They are not good.

 

On 9/30/2020 at 5:51 PM, istersay said:

whoa, who is this :rofl:

 

how did they get on here :lmao:

 

On 9/30/2020 at 5:54 PM, istersay said:

my guess, the Cryptkeeper

 

On 9/30/2020 at 5:56 PM, istersay said:

what the heck, did he take the mask off

vince vaughn laughing GIF

 

:lmao: at all of this. :dead: 

 

On 9/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, jamescasaki said:

maybe he has another mask on underneath

 

That would be so random and hilarious. :haha: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, miss denise said:

Wow, Group B was really good. I especially loved Seahorse and Serpent. :wub: 

 

I was reminded of Camila Cabello's voice at the start of Seahorse's performance, but not so much once it hit the chorus. Could maybe say the same about Carly Rae Jepsen. I don't hear any of the voices the judges said!

 

Will spoiler tag this just in case it's right since it appears a lot of people are thinking this: 

 

 

  Hide contents

I can actually hear Tori Kelly's voice for Seahorse and especially on that "hey" in the chorus. 😮  She is also great at voice impressions so could easily through us off with some parts. 

 

 

On first immediate listen, I definitely got Carly Rae Jepsen, but on second listen I was super convinced for Tori and I still lean towards her. If it's either of them, I'll be thrilled!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Someone648 said:

 

  Hide contents

On first immediate listen, I definitely got Carly Rae Jepsen, but on second listen I was super convinced for Tori and I still lean towards her. If it's either of them, I'll be thrilled!

 

 

 

I'm thinking so too, and I actually just edited this in to my post, which helps support the Tori theory: I'll also add that the clue about "a quiet place" stood out me in the preview episode, and Tori not only has an album called Hiding Place, but the lyric to her song Psalm 42 starts off with the lyric "There's a quiet place." This totally makes sense.


I'm going to have to dissect more clues now!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, miss denise said:

 

  Hide contents

I'm thinking so too, and I actually just edited this in to my post, which helps support the Tori theory: I'll also add that the clue about "a quiet place" stood out me in the preview episode, and Tori not only has an album called Hiding Place, but the lyric to her song Psalm 42 starts off with the lyric "There's a quiet place." This totally makes sense.


I'm going to have to dissect more clues now!

 

That's a great catch! The "Emotion" clue in the package is probably what influenced my initial Carly guess. I don't know too much about either Carly or Tori outside of their bigger hits, but I've definitely always liked them and assuming it's either of them, I'm glad to see them on the show! I know Tori's easily one of the most capable vocalists out right now and I expect her to go far! Seahorse was my favorite costume pre-season so I'm glad she didn't disappoint!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

 

  Hide contents

That's a great catch! The "Emotion" clue in the package is probably what influenced my initial Carly guess. I don't know too much about either Carly or Tori outside of their bigger hits, but I've definitely always liked them and assuming it's either of them, I'm glad to see them on the show! I know Tori's easily one of the most capable vocalists out right now and I expect her to go far! Seahorse was my favorite costume pre-season so I'm glad she didn't disappoint!

 

 

Thanks! Yeah, it's hard for me to pick up on the clues, unless I already have some theory of who it might be.

:haha: I'll have to watch back the video package now and see what else might stick out. I would be glad to see either of them too! So true about Tori. I was already thinking Seahorse was my favorite before realizing it could be her, so I'm even more excited now if it is! I love the costume too! :wub: 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

All caught up! 

 

I am so SO happy that this season is shaping up to be very quality in terms of talent! I absolutely liked everyone to some degree so far in the first two episodes, except Gremlin. So happy that my top 2 preseason fave masks are legit singers! Pulling for Sun, Popcorn, Seahorse and Serpent! Really hope Group C continues on this trend of talent!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...