DWTS 29 Week 3 Discussion Thread

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I love his lack of energy! Go on Nelly, give us nothing!

That stretch of seasons where Mark Ballas got minors or Republicans so he couldn’t take his clothes off was a dark time.

Carole could never!    

Just now, Elliott said:

“I saved you last week, I can’t save you again”

wow they should’ve brought Derek back in last season!

One year later and she's still on your mind her power :wub:

154177_6261.jpg

Iconique moments in history :wub: We stan the judges :wub: 

Just now, *Amanda said:

Oh, Derek's first. Tyra ain't rushing him this time. 😐

Ughh. :/ 

Just now, Elliott said:

“I saved you last week, I can’t save you again”

wow they should’ve brought Derek back in last season!

I love your positive ish comments towards Derek. 😢 :haha: 

Although I know what you are refering to. :/ 

Scoreboard

Nev & Jenna:  24
Johnny & Britt:  24
Kaitlyn & Artem:  23
Jeannie & Brandon:  22
Vernon & Peta:  22
Chrishell & Gleb:  22
Monica & Val:  21
AJ & Cheryl:  21
Jesse & Sharna:  20
Justina & Sasha:  19
Skai & Alan:  18
Nelly & Daniella:  18
Anne & Keo:  15
Carole & Pasha:  12

The spread was 12 points, with a percent difference of 4.27%.

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

Thank goodness we'll be spared of a 4th cat-themed dance from Carole & Pasha.

LOL I lowkey wonder what her next dance would have been. :dead: But I can't justify her staying another week over the other couples.

7 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Monica & Val safe...how many of us predicted them as the bottom 2? :dead: 

Lmao not me. :giggle: :dead:

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Two weeks of fair bottom 2s and results. Let’s enjoy it while it lasts!

Ugh i'm so scared we're gonna mess it up sometime. 😢 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

LOL I lowkey wonder what her next dance would have been. :dead: But I can't justify her staying another week over the other couples.

I fully expected her to dance to a song from CATS had she lasted long enough. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Just now, Elliott said:

A rumba to this song:

Her Jazz dance was about to be a serve :(

• Haha 1

Anyway, I guess I’m the only one sad Carole’s gone. Right call I guess, but I did enjoy her as a guilty pleasure. I really admire her work as an activist and friendly reminder that Netflix did her dirty. 🙂

If she was a white male, she’d have made the Top 5.

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

Anyway, I guess I’m the only one sad Carole’s gone. Right call I guess, but I did enjoy her as a guilty pleasure. I really admire her work as an activist and friendly reminder that Netflix did her dirty. 🙂

I haven’t watched Tiger King or really followed any of the stuff surrounding her so I haven’t been able to completely develop an opinion on her since there’s so much being said. That being said, I didn’t mind her on the show! Obviously not a good dancer but I appreciated her spirit and she seemed committed to doing her best.

18 minutes ago, Elliott said:

You ain't lying at the crossed out text.

13 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I haven’t watched Tiger King or really followed any of the stuff surrounding her so I haven’t been able to completely develop an opinion on her since there’s so much being said. That being said, I didn’t mind her on the show! Obviously not a good dancer but I appreciated her spirit and she seemed committed to doing her best.

As usual, I agree with Lily. :haha: 

Not really a fan but I wouldn't say I hated her like most of America does. I'm more indifferent as I don't know her whole story.

Ranking the dances are super tough this week. This may be my rankings just on one viewing....

1. Nev & Jenna - Argentine Tango
  2. Kaitlyn & Artem - Rumba
  3. Johnny & Britt - Rumba
  4. Jeannie & Brandon - Viennese Waltz
  5. AJ & Cheryl - Quickstep
  6. Chrishell & Gleb - Waltz
  7. Vernon & Peta - Quickstep
  8. Monica & Val - Viennese Waltz
  9. Jesse & Sharna - Jive
  10. Skai & Alan - Jive
  11. Justina & Sasha - Charleston
  12. Nelly & Daniella - Foxtrot
  13. Anne & Keo - Quickstep
  14. Carole & Pasha - Samba

A lot of the middle area like 5-10 could be interchangeable.

~My Dancing with the Stars 29 Week 3 Review~

Preface- It was nice to see Disney night without the extra huge sets and background dancers. We saw our first triple 8’s and a slew of new contenders rise.

1. Skai/Alan (Jive) 18/30: They’ve really been doing her a disservice with the lineup. Last two weeks her dances would’ve been higher if performed later. I did notice a little bit of hesitation in the beginning but she improved as the dance went on. My score: 20/30

2. Monica/Val (Viennese Waltz) 21/30: Monica is going to be the one this season that is just so clearly more comfortable doing ballroom dances. It was a lovely Viennese Waltz and some nice fluidity. I wish they moved around the stage more in hold, but her best dance. My score: 21/30

3. Justina/Sasha (Charleston) 19/30: I did notice that it could’ve had a bit more swivel and content, but Justina is still a performer and great emotive dancer, but it was her weakest, but I expect her to rebound next week. My score: 19/30

4. AJ/Cheryl (Quickstep) 21/30: He’s a good dancer, but he’s fading into the woodwork a little. Like he’s a good dancer, but nothing has stood out yet for me. My score: 20/30

5. Anne/Keo (Quickstep) 15/30: Anne looked great and it started so well, but during the dance she kind of lost her sync and footing, but she performed it well, but hopefully she can do better next week. My score: 16/30

6. Jeannie/Brandon (Viennese Waltz) 22/30: What a surprise! I didn’t expect her to be as good as she was in Ballroom, but she had great posture and nice turns. I love her chemistry with Brandon, she a sleeper. My score: 22/30

7. Nelly/Daniella (Foxtrot) 18/30: He’s an OK dancer that I don’t expect to be around much longer if he doesn’t have a breakout dance. This was kind of forgettable to me. My score: 17/30

8. Carole/Pasha (Samba) 12/30: Good for her for finishing that dance and poor Pasha in that costume, but his butt looked nice. My score: 11/30

9. Kaitlyn/Artem (Rumba) 23/30: To me that was the dance of the night. She was so fluid and just emotive, and tons of Rumba content and just a great dance. She’s one of the ones who is definitely going be in the finals. My score: 24/30

10. Vernon/Peta (Quickstep) 22/30: There was a bit of a paste a smile. It was a decent dance, but a bit of gapping in their hold and some posture issues. That 8 was whack. My score: 21/30

11. Nev/Jenna (Argentine Tango) 24/30: I wish they’d be up front about his prior experience like they are with other contestants. I knew it was going to the good. That style with that song is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.  My score: 24/30

12. Johnny/Britt (Rumba) 24/30: I wasn’t shocked an ice skater was going to excel at a Rumba. I felt like they needed more of a connection to each other. It was danced well, just wanted to see more from the acting side. My score: 22/30

13. Jesse/Sharna (Jive) 20/30: He seems like the type that is doing this show only to try to be on Broadway or something, like I think he’s taken this too seriously. I’m not seeing the joy from him yet. My score: 19/30

14. Chrishell/Gleb (Waltz) 22/30: I’m surprised this went last but it was the Cinderella experience, and I’m glad she’s improving. I just wish it had a bit more content in hold. My score: 21/30