Why female country singers are not as popular as male country singers?

Gustavo527

10 hours ago, Rodney said:

I think part of the reason for country females not going far is Blake himself.  At least in recent seasons.  Even when country girls pick him (something that I would say is now ill-advised), he lately seems to drop them the first chance he gets.   It's like he, too, sees the trend and is largely acting accordingly.

These days, I think that country girls should try to pick Kelly, if she turns for them.  At least she still tries to take them far.  Or even go for John, Nick, or Gwen.   In those cases, they would have an open lane and not have to worry about Blake's own biases.  It's how I knew that Hannah Kay was doomed in season sixteen.  Picking Blake over Kelly was a HUGE blunder on her part.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Case in point, Kelly brought Madeline to the POs last season. She didn't deserve to go farther than that since she flopped with WIINGOY. In S18, Kelly brought Mandi to the POs (she became country during the show) and Megan to the semi-finals (though she was more pop with some country influence). 🧐

Meanwhile, in S19, Blake used his female country powerhouse (who gives Alison Porter vibes) as battle fodder and then dumped her in the 4WKO, which she miraculously won. Taryn (and WTW for that matter) was DOA in the POs. 🙄

This season, Blake dropped Savanna C. in the battles and dumped Emma in the 4WKO. His blatant bias against female country singers is showing. 🙄

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree 100% with what you said about Blake. He totally used Taryn as fodder for WTW, who ended up being a disaster on the show. That’s just Blake seeing a cute teen girl, and ignoring the fact that they weren’t ready for this. 

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Taryn definitely should've won that battle, with WTW being sentenced to the 4WKO. 🙄

Taryn:
happy dance GIF by Kei Saavedra

WTW:
trainwreck GIF

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Meanwhile, in S19, Blake used his female country powerhouse (who gives Alison Porter vibes) as battle fodder and then dumped her in the 4WKO, which she miraculously won. Taryn (and WTW for that matter) was DOA in the POs. 🙄

I should also mention Kailey Abel and Joei Fulco in S18. Blake dropped Kailey in the battles and Joei in the POs. Joei deserved to go farther imo. 🙄

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

I should also mention Kailey Abel and Joei Fulco in S18. Blake dropped Kailey in the battles and Joei in the POs. Joei deserved to go farther imo. 🙄

Joei was rock, though, wasn't she?

Just now, disney1024 said:

Kailey is not country, and Joei leans more towards rock, she did only one country song in the show. Plus Blake loves his AA divas, so it was an obvious decision to save 

For Taryn/WTW , I do agree Taryn should have taken it, but Blake seemed way too fixated not only on the trio idea, but on Mia's potential (comparing her to Danielle and stuff), and thus did what he did. It was a mistake though.

As for the ones you mentioned in spoilers, I'll have to see the battles to judge, but based on their blinds, one of the two you mentioned is clearly not ready for this.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for the ones you mentioned in spoilers, I'll have to see the battles to judge, but based on their blinds, one of the two you mentioned is clearly not ready for this.

S20 spoilers:

Regardless of if they were ready or not, he paired both of them with his two biggest frontrunners (i.e. Cam and Pete). The logical pairing would've been pairing them together, since they're both country females. I don't remember the sources' reception to the Savanna battle but I believe Cam and Emma's battle was very well-received. But let's wait and see how that battle went. 😉 

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Rodney said:

These days, I think that country girls should try to pick Kelly, if she turns for them.  At least she still tries to take them far.  Or even go for John, Nick, or Gwen. In those cases, they would have an open lane and not have to worry about Blake's own biases.  It's how I knew that Hannah Kay was doomed in season sixteen.  Picking Blake over Kelly was a HUGE blunder on her part.

If any country females are reading this, please don't choose Blake for your own sake. You stand a much a better chance on any other team lol 😂

• Like 1

As far as singing competition goes its not just a country phenomenon. The original American Idol started going downhill as soon as they allowed guitars. The first winner in that cycle was pretty good then they got progressivley mediocre. Seasons 7 all the way to the end were all white male guitar players mostly of the adult contemporary variety (except for one rigged season). The main audience demo is female and they prefer male singers, particuarly males of a certain variety.

To be fair, the shows dont cast female singers that other girls would like. I will say as a guy also that the majority of my favs on these shows are female singers.  The male singers/bands I do have on my playlist are mostly big voiced rock singers or sing dark content. They dont market well on singing competitions. It may well be the same for girls.

Edited by sneaky

5 hours ago, disney1024 said:

Joei in the POs. Joei deserved to go farther imo. 🙄

Let’s be honest here, she was easily the least notable person on his team in the Playoffs. She didn’t stand a chance. 😅

Edited by Bk1234

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I agree 100% with what you said about Blake. He totally used Taryn as fodder for WTW, who ended up being a disaster on the show. That’s just Blake seeing a cute teen girl, and ignoring the fact that they weren’t ready for this. 

But what was there to prove him otherwise? The group got a four-chair turn, he had previously won the show with a teen girl, and he wanted to go far with a trio. You guys act like Taryn was robbed. Yes, she probably should’ve won the battle, but it’s not like WTW were trash in that battle. 😕

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, disney1024 said:

S20 spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Regardless of if they were ready or not, he paired both of them with his two biggest frontrunners (i.e. Cam and Pete). The logical pairing would've been pairing them together, since they're both country females. I don't remember the sources' reception to the Savanna battle but I believe Cam and Emma's battle was very well-received. But let's wait and see how that battle went. 😉 

Both were well-received, but he gave no parts to Savanna that would allow her to shine.

Edited by Bk1234

17 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

But what was there to prove him otherwise? The group got a four-chair turn, he had previously won the show with a teen girl, and he wanted to go far with a trio. You guys act like Taryn was robbed. Yes, she probably should’ve won the battle, but it’s not like WTW were trash in that battle. 😕

He also previously won the show with Cassadee Pope, who he compared to Taryn. She destroyed them. I lost a lot of respect for Blake as a result of that decision. No matter how hard you try, you can’t convince me it was a fair decision. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

He also previously won the show with Cassadee Pope, who he compared to Taryn. She destroyed them. I lost a lot of respect for Blake as a result of that decision. No matter how hard you try, you can’t convince me it was a fair decision. 

I think he was just looking for something nice to say to Taryn when he said that (Taryn is literally nothing like Cassadee), because it was clear he was on WTW’s side for that. Taryn did deserve the win, but it’s not like she was robbed of it since WTW also did good.

Edited by Bk1234

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Plus it was clearly decided beforehand, I though Kelly's feedback was complete BS to make it seem like a legit decision. And John, how is chosing Taryn would be controversial ?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I think he was just looking for something nice to say to Taryn when he said that (Taryn is literally nothing like Cassadee), because it was clear he was on WTW’s side for that. Taryn did deserve the win, but it’s not like she was robbed of it since WTW also did good.

“Good” compared to what? 

Edited by TeamAudra

Of course it was pre-decided, most pairings are. But let’s be honest here, Blake unknowingly did Taryn a favor by sending her to the 4WKO. Her voice was pretty much shot during the time Knockouts were being filmed, and that would have reflected in her KO performance against (I’m guessing) Ben. I think it’s possible that Blake could have dropped her then and there after a poor performance. ☹️

7 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Anyway, I’m on the verge of giving up the show, because it’s become too predictable. I’ll still check in and support the few fan threads I have, and throw my two cents in here and there, but I’ve totally lost interest, just like I did with country radio a few years ago. 

I gave up on the show after Maelyn's season. It got stale and boring, and the only post-show contestant I care to follow is Lauren Duski. :haha: 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I gave up on the show after Maelyn's season. It got stale and boring, and the only post-show contestant I care to follow is Lauren Duski. :haha: 

It’s taken a while to get to this point. I waffle back and forth, hoping for a good season, but I know when it’s time. It’s time. 

9 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s taken a while to get to this point. I waffle back and forth, hoping for a good season, but I know when it’s time. It’s time. 

Same... TPTB used to do a much better job of creating the illusion TV was a competition.   Now days they smile at you while they piss on your leg and tell you it's raining. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3