Carter Rubin Fan Thread

season1

4 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

That happened with Sawyer( S8 Winner ) as well. I'm glad that he's already prepared and I hope he do a lot of practice with his new voice(If his voice changes during the season)

This happened with Voice Kids' Dara too this year if anyone was watching that. 

• Like 1

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHrSdnYgoVK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

WOW. that’s the only word coming to mind right now. this is literally a dream come true. @gwenstefanithe love and advice you’ve given me has truly made me a better singer, performer, and all of the above. i couldn’t possibly thank you enough. also, a huge thanks to @juliamichaels for also giving incredible advice and support, it was an honor to work with you. and can we just talk about @larriahj for a hot minute? i’ve learned so much from this amazing girl, she’s a new lifelong friend for sure. i wouldn’t want to have done this duet with anyone else but you. i’m so unbelievably grateful to be surrounded by such amazingly talented people who i can now call my friends. and the best part is that the journey isn’t over. OFF TO KNOCKOUTS! @nbcthevoice #TheVoice #VoiceBattles#TeamGwen

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 3

Just now, Bk1234 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHrSdnYgoVK/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

WOW. that’s the only word coming to mind right now. this is literally a dream come true. @gwenstefanithe love and advice you’ve given me has truly made me a better singer, performer, and all of the above. i couldn’t possibly thank you enough. also, a huge thanks to @juliamichaels for also giving incredible advice and support, it was an honor to work with you. and can we just talk about @larriahj for a hot minute? i’ve learned so much from this amazing girl, she’s a new lifelong friend for sure. i wouldn’t want to have done this duet with anyone else but you. i’m so unbelievably grateful to be surrounded by such amazingly talented people who i can now call my friends. and the best part is that the journey isn’t over. OFF TO KNOCKOUTS! @nbcthevoice #TheVoice #VoiceBattles#TeamGwen

I love this kid! 🥺💖

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

He killed it! 

was so happy for him k3719.gif

from tvline

Team Gwen: Carter Rubin performing “You Say” (Grade: A+)  Carter shared in rehearsal that he’d chosen Lauren Daigle’s song because it spoke to him as a kid who’s a little different and who’s been picked on for that fact. (Dang, that kid is poised, huh?) Music teacher Chloe explained that she’d chosen SWV’s classic in part because it was so significant in the history of Black music. Usher advised her to be more relaxed and dynamic in her vocal. “If you’re in your head,” he said, “you’re dead.” In the moment of truth, Carter turned out a performance that was so polished, powerful and well-thought-through, it made me wish that Voice contestants more often went on to become superstars. He was spectacular. “I can’t breathe,” Kelly gasped afterwards. He was that good. When it was Chloé’s turn, she brought to the fore a vocal that was as silky as anything hanging in the wardrobe department. I was in the middle of typing her downfall was probably going to be that she showed less range than Carter when… boom, she changed on a dime and went big. In the end, this was a much more dynamic Chloé than I’d seen/heard before. This was a potential contender. Still I didn’t think she could compete with Carter. As John noted, her song was, in a way, not built for this competition. And I doubted that I was the only one listening who could’ve said what Kelly did about Carter’s performance: “It broke me in the most amazing of ways.”

• Like 3

Carter exceeded my expectations tonight. He more than nailed his performance of one of my favorite songs ever. :thumbs:

I am looking forward to his playoffs performance. Tonight's performance is Carter's best so far. I hope he has another great song and awesome performance in the playoffs.

• Like 3