The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bringing Back: Joe Biden Eliminating: Donald Trump

These noms are perfectly fine. Naomi is the only nom I could see as upsetting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Kim Chi over Alyssa?? judging you all 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Results coming soon? 😮 

I'll get them up by this evening. I was busy yesterday and waking up to see Nikki dying has me grieving now :(

Edited by Elliott
17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I'll get them up by this evening. I was busy yesterday and waking up to see Nikki dying has me grieving now :(

Ooh goodness, I just saw your sig and was stunned and gasped "what happened?"  I did not hear about this. 😢 Ugh this is really sad and awful. :broken: Take all the time you need. :hug: 

• Like 1

DEE'S JURY VOTE

ANDREW
2pt - Ivy
1pt - Fame

ANDY
2pt - Violet
1pt - Baga

CHRIS
2pt - Baga
1pt - Violet

DEREK
2pt - Violet
1pt - Ivy

JC
2pt - Ivy
1pt - Miss Fame

LILY
2pt - Violet
1pt - Ivy

SOLARIS
2pt - Ivy
1pt - Baga

TOM
2pt - Baga
1pt - Violet

WALLY
2pt - Violet
1pt - Baga

TOTAL

10pt - Violet Chachki
8pt - Ivy Winters

7pt - Baga Chipz
2pt - Miss Fame

Baga Chipz and Miss Fame have been eliminated,

and @Deeee is now responsible for their write-ups.

THE DRAG RACE RANKDOWN 3.0 | PRE-CYCLE FIVE

@#jeah and @*Wallace have each won an advantage for having a jury vote where someone received 0 votes.

They can either decide to use it in the upcoming cycle, or in the final cycle.

They will not know what their advantage is until after they've chosen when to use it.

Just post in this thread when you would like to use it.

Good luck... and don't f*ck it up. 🙂

AJA (Season 9, All-Stars 3)

tumblr_oo7jpza6jn1ur0wr7o3_400.gifv

Aja was a contestant on Season 9 and All-Stars 3 of RuPaul's Drag Race. This is a little-known fact, but she hailed from Brooklyn. 😮 (Side-note: I love how any queen from NYC loves to show off that she's from NYC...but like I get it, NYC is the best) Aja is definitely a look queen who has a very unique aesthetic, I think she described it as banshee meets glamor or maybe I'm completely making that up; but that's definitely a good description. Aja did decently on Season 9 but had some really low moments. The two that stick out to me are the week featured in the above gif where she was going for a volcano-esque look but it kinda came across as popped-pimple realness instead. She crushed the lipsync! Unfortunately, several weeks later she threw a bitch fit when she didn't get the role she wanted in the 9021-ho skit. So she was ultimately given what she wanted and ended up bombing that role anyways. She lost the lipsync to Nina and was sent packing.

In AS3, she fared much better. Aja co-won the talent show with BenDeLaCreme and lost the LSFYL. She performed average-to-above-average in all of the remaining weeks, including the week she was send home imo. Aja was Fine in AS3. She was definitely a standout sometimes and did better than most expected her to...but she wound up being my 5th favorite that season (after Shangela, Trixie, Bebe, and DeLa) based purely on performance, which is pretty good. My issue with Aja is that in the grand scheme of things she is not one of the more memorable queens. In addition, her personality was never my favorite based off of what we were shown on both of her seasons. She screams a little try-hard and ice cold to me, which prevents me from fully being able to be a fan of hers. So I'm sorry to anyone who may have been upset by this cut but to me she is an easy choice to let go at this stage in the game.

Edited by #jeah

GINGER MINJ (Season 7, All-Stars 2)

7226648_orig.gif

Definitely a more controversial choice to cut at this stage in the game, but I've never been a big fan of Ginger's. I will admit that I really want to like her and that objectively she is very good at Drag Race. In Season 7, a very solid argument can be made for her deserving the crown. She objectively was at the top of the pack for many weeks, and in a season that had waaaaaay too many acting and/or comedy challenges, Ginger was able to shine. The self-professed Glamor-Toad, Ginger won a total of three maxi-challenges throughout the season and made it all the way to the top 3. She lost to Violet in the end but in a season seen as underwhelming by many, Ginger seemed like a shoo-in to win since she had the best Report Card.

In All-Stars 2, Ginger was sort of given the short end of the stick and ultimately left in the third week during the HERstory of the World challenge. I don't think Ginger was notably weaker than anyone that week...however they all did pretty equally well, and Ginger had by FAR the worst runway look that season. I fully agree with Alyssa's decision to send Ginger home between her and Katya, as Katya had more to offer in the confines of that season (and ultimately turned out a stellar run in the end). Ginger was ultimately the most forgettable contestant on AS2 imo (even over Coco, who was a lulzy first boot). I do feel bad for her as she really didn't do anything to warrant her elimination, besides the terrrrrrrrrrrrible runway look, but that's just the way the chips fell.

I don't love Ginger just because I really don't personally find her all that funny. Like yes, she tells good jokes and has made me laugh every now and again, but I don't really feel connected to her personality nor did I ever feel like she was a stand-out for ME personally in any of the challenges...maybe in the Snatch Game in S7, but Kennedy was slightly funnier than her imo and I even enjoyed Pearl's character as much as Ginger's Adele. I also don't feel like Ginger has brought anything revelatory or even memorable to the runway, so she has always felt lacking in that department for me. Having said that....I don't dislike her by any means and she is very good at Drag Race. She's coming back for AS6 and I am interested to see if she can grow on me (like Shea did in AS5). Either way, I know Ginger has a lot of people that like her, but with everyone talking about how much they hate Season 7 I really don't see her having any major fans here and I don't think her loss is the end of the world in this rankdown.

Edited by #jeah
Just now, *Wallace said:

Ugh Baga missing possibly making it through by 1 vote. :broken: 

And ooooo I won an advantage? YAYY! :spaz: I'll use it for the final cycle!

Its a 1 free vote for Sola as Mister Congeniality. 

I thank you in advance.  

Crystal

giphy.gif

Crystal is one of those shady queens I feel I should love, but I never really connected with her as much as I wanted to on her season. Crystal was the second Canadian to compete in a non-Canadian season (first being Brooke Lynne Hytes). It was also hard to forget the body hair she showed on her first runway, ugh. Her looks tended to be more goth in nature, and her Bond and Weird Science runways were two that I enjoyed. Didn't care for her Queen Elizabeth look though. I also like when queens do well in the Reading is Fundamental challenge but unfortunately I neer found the whole "I like Blu but I loathe Hydrangeas", "The Vivenne, proof that you can polish a turd" and "Baga Shitz" all that funny. I did find some of the early workroom shade and her farewell lipstick message, but it came across as try-hard after a while. Her Rue McLanahan/Blanche Devereaux performance in Snatch Game also left me scratching my head. I don't know the character at all, but it's definitely possible to give a Snatch Game performance that I love/remember with a character I know nothing about (i.e. Gigi's Maria the Robot). Overall she was funny and I appreciated her weird style at times but she isn't one of my favorites. 

18 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Her Rue McLanahan/Blanche Devereaux performance in Snatch Game also left me scratching my head. I don't know the character at all

Confused Question Mark GIF by Preity G  Zinta

The Vivienne

giphy.gif

Ah, the Vivienne. One of the most overrated winners, if not the most overrated one across all the seasons. I figured she would be a frontrunner when she first entered the workroom, with a look that I really liked/stood out. But I soon questioned the judges' love for her when she won the Queen Elizabeth realness look. While the other queens all made an attempt to look like the Queen on the throne, she looked like Little Red Riding Hood's grandmother. :wacko: I think she was trying to imitate what she'd look like when she wasn't doing royal duties, but it wasn't worthy of a win in my opinion. I liked her subsequent two looks, and then Snatch Game happened. The Vivienne chose to imitate Donald Trump, and while I'm not entirely opposed to impersonating men in Snatch Game, I'm not sure this is what Drag Race was supposed to be about and it felt like a cop-out to me. What is more, Trump feels like he'd be the easiest person in the world to imitate since there are plenty of examples of it on SNL, etc. Maybe I would've liked it more if she'd done more shade like Twitter!Trump but the whole thing just felt ok to me and not worthy of the praise heaped on her by the judges as well as online. Thankfully Queen Baga Chipz got a co-win as Margaret Thatcher. I really loved her Rainy Day Eleganza look, but there were other queens I was rooting for so I was disappointed when she ended up winning. Apparently she has made transphobic statements after the show as well? I don't follow too many queens after the show but if that makes this elimination easier to justify I will happily do so.