The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

gross

And I could have said the same thing about your noms but I didn't, so.... 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Solaris said:

that should be reversed

Yuhua was barely memorable. And Gigi had a killer first half of S12.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bringing Back: Joe Biden Eliminating: Donald Trump

Lily and I are bringing back Jaidynn Dior Fierce. Put some respeck on her name.      

Wally's the og rankdown villain

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Darn, I really like Max and thought she was super underrated on S7.  :(

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Yuhua was barely memorable. And Gigi had a killer first half of S12.

Agreed on both of these! I liked Max up

until her terrible Sharon Needles impersonation and Gigi was a front runner early on.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

Agreed on both of these! I liked Max up

until her terrible Sharon Needles impersonation and Gigi was a front runner early on.

Agreed with everything you said here. :yes: I always wanted to see Max redeem herself from that. Or to be on an All-Stars season in the future. :( 

And if she's apart of the skinny fashion Queens of that season 7, she was definitely my favorite there. 🙈

Yuhua Hamasaki

giphy.gif

tumblr_p5w8dcw7vz1t3v492o5_500.gif

Pretty solid set of noms from Andy here, I must say. Although I did lose some minor faves already from the noms over many others I don’t care about sooo lmao oops. :dead: But it’s not really a big thing. Of the remaining noms, there were more Queens I wanted to cut than save (Gigi was the only one i wanted to save lol) soo again, that's good and I can’t complain too much. I could have gone many directions with this cut but decided on Yuhua Hamasaki, as she isn’t really that memorable to me and I wasn’t a fan of hers. I thought Yuhua would have been a safe cut amongst these noms but I guess not. :lmao: But let’s discuss her now. 

Yuhua Hamasaki is a drag queen who competed on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 10. She only lasted 3 weeks and placed 12th (out of 14). I thought Yuhua started off promising with the first two episodes. I did like her caution tape inspired dress and thought that was a fun look or the first episode design challenge. I am sure I liked her on this episode. She did really well and was funny in the PharmaRusical episode. Her Best Drag Runway look didn’t receive the best of reviews though. Yuhua came off snippy and didn’t take the judges critiques gracefully there. But then she was pretty bad on the Tap That App ad where she was apart of Madam Buttrface app. She was wanting to look too pretty/not ugly enough for her role and did terrible on her parts. Then I was reallly annoyed with how snippy and defensive she got at the judges when they would critique her performances and runway outfits. I didn’t mind it that previous  week but on this 3rd week, I got fairly annoyed and realized I wasn’t liking this side of her personality. It was every week and she lacked charm when she did that. She landed in the Bottom 2 and lip sync battled against Mayhem Miller to “Celebrity Skin.” Ooh I love that song. But yeah she lost against Mayhem and I agreed with that result. I was fine with her leaving when she did. Overall, I feel indifferent on Yuhua - don’t dislike her but not a fan either. I wouldn’t be against seeing her on an All-Stars season to redeem her run but at the same time, she isn’t someone I’m anxiously awaiting to see on an AS season either. But we’ll see what happens.

Saving: Gigi Goode

tenor.gif

MAYHEM MILLER

tumblr_p615snfiGE1tddlqho1_400.gif source.gif tumblr_pjekkuYM4a1qfvtzto3_250.gifv 

"I started off strong, I won the first challenge and then it kinda went like this..."

A well-known drag queen from West Hollywood, prior to her appearance on the 10th season, Mayhem Miller auditioned for the show since Season 2. Upon her being cast for the 10th season, Mayhem Miller was seen as a favourite to take it all notably due to her being from the same family as Detox, Morgan McMichaels, Raven, and Delta Work.  With high expectation, she started off strong with a win for the first challenge where the queens had to create a drag on a dime look. Following her win, Mayhem found herself in the winning team during the Pharmarusical episode - I actually do not remember her performance in that challenge. It is during the third week of competition that we noticed Mayhem struggling in the "Tap that App" challenge which eventually led her in the Bottom 2 against Yuhua Hamaski whom she would later destroy in the LSFYL.  After an appearance in the Bottom 2, Mayhem failed to bounce back which led to her appearance in the bottom 2 for "The Bossy Rossy Show" - not only did she fail in the challenge, she also struggled with the runway theme.  As we know, she found herself in the Bottom 2 with Monet X Change whom sent her home following their LSFYL to "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" which was quite the disappointing LSFYL battle. 

Following an impressive runway look on the Holislay special, Mayhem Miller was brought back for RuPaul's Drag Race: All Stars 5.  Her journey wasn't much of an improvement, despite improving her placement, as she didn't brought anything special to the competition - she found herself in the bottom two following her performance in the Variety Show which led her to make a "deal" with India Farrah. After surviving the first vote, Mayhem didn't really do anything outstanding in the competition - she would later be eliminated by Miz Cracker & Morgan McMichaels, following her performance in the SHEmz challenge. 

Overall, the best way to describe Mayhem Miller is to quote Jujubee - "Mayhem Filler. Sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I mean MEH-hem Miller". But in all honesty, I do wish Mayhem could have done better especially knowing how badly she wanted to be on the show - at the end of the day, her journey is very similar to other Drag Queens who had high expectations going into the competition.

SAVING: IVY WINTERS

Edited by *Chris
20 minutes ago, Elliott said:

There's the tea that IDF doesn't like to hear.

Ugh I forgot she isn't well liked on IDF. :( 

13 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Aww I like Yuhua but a fair cut.

And agreed as well about Gigi having a great start to her run :yes: I was consistently impressed by her up to the Rusical.

Aww glad you understand the cut. :yes: 

Samee to all of this. :yes: 

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That said, Gigi and SP not being the B2 for #Choices2020 was rigga morris at its finest.

Hmmm I can't remember my thoughts on this one. I was thinking Gigi B3'd that week so wouldn't have minded her being down there. But I think I was okay with the B2 that week. I have to look at my notes.

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Wally, I need you to use a photo of Yuhua. This a photo of JK Rowling’s Twitter. :unsure:

Lmaoo whatt? I'm so confused. :lmao: :dead:  I used gifs of Yuhua. :haha: 

I’ve always found rooting for Mayhem so frustrating on Drag Race. :haha: Clearly she’s an amazing and iconic queen and I feel like she has a lot of promise but just struggles when going into the competition. I really felt like she could have had a redemption on All-Stars and was just kinda unmemorable on there too. :( 

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Elliott said:

That said, Gigi and SP not being the B2 for #Choices2020 was rigga morris at its finest.

Widow being in the B2 with three weaker performances in the group...now that was a choice.

Just now, *Lily said:

Widow being in the B2 with three weaker performances in the group...now that was a choice.

Gigi: *wears a British red coat outfit when the theme is Stars & Stripes, admits she doesn’t know politics, gets read to filth by the judges, and is safe*

Me: Oh so we’re doing this?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Elliott said:

tumblr_nn61evPYGf1qiohboo10_400.gif

:dead: 

Hasn't had any complaints. :giggle: 

(Although i never properly understood this but it was always hilarious). :haha: 

17 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I’ve always found rooting for Mayhem so frustrating on Drag Race. :haha: Clearly she’s an amazing and iconic queen and I feel like she has a lot of promise but just struggles when going into the competition. I really felt like she could have had a redemption on All-Stars and was just kinda unmemorable on there too. :( 

Ugh I feel the SAME way about Mayhem too. :( She's one of those queens I want to like and root for her more than I actually can. :( 

• Haha 2

Yuhua started strong and then must have pissed someone off because her edit episode 3 makes her come across really badly. Never warmed up to her because of that. 

Poor Mayhem's strongest moment was as Krampus in the Christmas episode and could never make it work on the actual show.

Gigi's track record is outrageous. 

From wiki:

• She is the third contestant to win 4 challenges, on a regular season, after Sharon Needles and Shea Couleé.
    • She is the second queen to win four challenges in a season, and not win the season, after Shea Couleé.
    • She is the only contestant to win 4 maxi challenges, without falling in the bottom 2.
  • She is the second contestant to win both the Snatch Game and the Ball Challenge in the same season, following Aquaria.
  • She is the first queen to win Snatch Game, the Ball Challenge, and Rusical (Followed by Shea Couleé).
    • But, she is the only queen to have won those three challenges, plus the reading mini-challenge, all in a single season.
  • She is the first queen on a regular season of Drag Race to earn 3 main challenge wins by their sixth episode competing.

39 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Gigi: *wears a British red coat outfit when the theme is Stars & Stripes, admits she doesn’t know politics, gets read to filth by the judges, and is safe*

I never understood why production sometimes refuses to put certain queens in the bottom. They still hold all the power to edit the lip sync, choose the winner of the lip sync, or do a double save if they want. Plus Gigi obviously would have been perfectly capable of lip syncing based on what she showed in the first episode and in the Rusical challenge. Ugh so dumb.

35 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ugh I feel the SAME way about Mayhem too. :( She's one of those queens I want to like and root for her more than I actually can. :( 

Who will have the honor to explain Wally the meaning :giggle:

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

I never understood why production sometimes refuses to put certain queens in the bottom. They still hold all the power to edit the lip sync, choose the winner of the lip sync, or do a double save if they want. Plus Gigi obviously would have been perfectly capable of lip syncing based on what she showed in the first episode and in the Rusical challenge. Ugh so dumb.

The tea on the spoiler reddit was that S12 was originally supposed to be a SP vs Gigi season, and they probably assumed the fans would love Gigi. SP’s disqualification changed the edit of the season HARD, but it was clear they were saved from the B2 so much because they wanted their track records to be unclockable.

2 hours ago, *Lily said:

Hmmm why do I remember Widow really struggling and not doing well in this challenge? it's all such a blur to me. :lmao: 

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

thoughts merica GIF

Why this reaction? :dead: 

Yuhua started strong and then must have pissed someone off because her edit episode 3 makes her come across really badly. Never warmed up to her because of that. 

Poor Mayhem's strongest moment was as Krampus in the Christmas episode and could never make it work on the actual show.

Yeah I felt this same way about Yuhua.

Awww Mayhem. 

Dictionary
dou·ble en·ten·dre
/ˌdo͞obl änˈtändrə,ˌdəbl änˈtändrə/

noun
  1. a word or phrase open to two interpretations, one of which is usually risqué or indecent.
    "he was unable to get through two consecutive sentences without a smutty double entendre"

Similar: ambiguity, double meaning, suggested meaning, suggestiveness, innuendo, play on words, wordplay, pun

• humor using double entendres.

File:UD logo-01.svg - Wikimedia Commons

Head 
      Another word for [fellatio]
      Girls use this to ask guys if they'll let them [blank] their [blank]. "Saying I give good head."
      Jordan gives good head.
      Zach gets head twice a week because he's popular.
      She gives amazing head.

3 hours ago, *Wallace said:

“How’s your head” is asking as a double entendre how you are at giving oral sex :haha: 

• Elliott changed the title to The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0