The Drag Race Rankdown 3.0

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bringing Back: Joe Biden Eliminating: Donald Trump

These noms are perfectly fine. Naomi is the only nom I could see as upsetting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. 

Kim Chi over Alyssa?? judging you all 

Posted Images

13. KIM CHI

S8, 2ND/3RD PLACE

but we'll just say 2nd so Kim has a higher placement than Naomi

HOLI-SLAY SPECULATER + SECRET CELEBRITY DRAG RACE

KimS8.jpg

AVERAGE: 9.18

JC - 3

Tom - 3

Chris - 4

Andrew - 9

Dee - 9

Solaris - 10

Derek - 11

Wally - 11

Andy - 13

Elliott - 13

Lily - 15

JC

tumblr_inline_o3szsjlPUA1qc4ig2_500.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=5521490

tumblr_o7fv28DLTo1qlvwnco1_500.gifv

e9e245d97165937d1ab58a7c2da2b32e.gif

8RDs.gif

Fat fem and Asian. Still so obsessed with that finale song. This queen is STUNNING and her makeup is always FLAWLESS. She is clearly the ultimate queen of makeup and no one will ever be able to take that away from her. She also was so full of shade and I was always LIVING for it, especially since she looked so nice and innocent and it was so unexpected, I LOVED it. I was always in awe of every single face she put on, it was always so perfect and beautiful. And her runways were always to die for. She was always artistically and creatively head and shoulders above everyone else in the competition. I also loved her adorable friendships with Naomi and Bob, such an EPIC top three. Her and Naomi were always so hilarious and shady together and it was so cute that they got so close on the season and continued to be such close friends after the season. Also her name is everything.

TOM

Kim Chi is my favorite runway queen and the one of the few I was determined to get to the finals if possible, so I'm glad to see it happen. There are a handful of queens who I specifically looked forward to seeing their runway looks every week and she was one of them, due to her being inspired by anime.

Now let's get onto her runway looks, her Wicked Witch look, her traditional Korean runway look, and Hair Ball look for starters:

58533807e3d613c03e1ea839_KimChi_Ep7.png?
tumblr_o67tndbmNB1qlvwnco1_500.gif?resiz
kim-chi-hair-rupauls-drag-race-season-8-

And that reunion look:

tenor.gif?itemid=5521490

Her Reading is Fundamental shade to Naomi also deserves a mention! Shame she wasn't going to win season 8 because her not coming out to her bioloigical mom probaby wasn't the narrative Ru was looking for, but at least she rightfully made the finale. Sad that she isn't coming for All-Stars either, but lip-syncing isn't her forte so I can't say I blame her. 

CHRIS

IsInVvI.jpg MMJbDPg.jpgMMJbDPg.jpg 

"I came to chop through the competition!"

When it comes to Season 8, I am always torn between Bob The Drag Queen & Kim Chi as to whom is my favourite of the season. But I always tend to give the edge to Kim Chi as I preferred her journey, as a whole - from the runway to her performance in the challenges to the confessional.  If it was just up to me, I would have done a double crowning for this season - we all know they recorded a double crowning for Season 6 when it should have been considered for this season, instead. 

OCWFWay.gif 

Kim Chi was a queen of confessionals where she showed her shady side & providing us some hilarious quotes, week after week. 

"I came to DESTROY EVERYONE, with my make-up."
"Donut come for me!"
"I'm not going to be ashamed of being hungry, I am hungry!"
"Naomi Smalls, your wardrobe reminds me of a legendary Drag Race queen... Nicole Paige Brooks."

ezCxPfc.gif XLgHSUT.gif 

Kim Chi delivered some great performances, some of which I find to be underrated: her performance in RuCo's Empire was hilarious, her Snatch Game was a risk & it paid off,  and a revelation in the New Waves music group.

At the end of the day, Kim Chi is remembered for being the runway queen of the season - I truly cannot think of one look of hers that I do not love. As a reminder, here are the flawless look delivered by Kim Chi during her time on RuPaul's Drag Race:  

035cesP.gif 
q0VrSiR.gif 
r5Sm4sh.gif 
7fEweBQ.gif
Tpk8ZFq.gifQOtbRzT.gif
rAXUj5o.gif
jSfoXkv.gif 
ZMo2Hvu.gifHIkkNz4.gif 
TnOFkk6.gif 
glaKIiZ.gif 
x1njwVZ.gif 

If it's not obvious, I absolutely love Kim Chi and I cannot wait until we finally get an All Stars with Kim Chi. And here's hoping that she receives a great placement but I doubt it will be the case as she barely made it through this final vote & some of the rankers made it clear that she's one of their least favourite in the Top 15 - if she could sneak her way in the Top 10, I would consider it a win!

DEE

7Y3R.gif
giphy.gif
DYt3.gif
8RDs.gif
27106b12a3881295ae180eb03c9a442c.gif
"FAT FEM AND ASIAN."

It is the best makeup skills in the drag world for me. It is the dark and biting sense of humor for me. It is Shade Chi on IG and Twitter and YT for me. It is the consistently brilliant looks for me. It is the wonderful human being for me.

Kim Chi is truly a gem. Very few quite understand how to blend high fashion, culture, camp, and pop culture references like Kim Chi. In fact, I do not think you could find a drag artist more impeccable at doing just that. She has perfectly mastered how to blend her weird mind with her extensive knowledge of high fashion and make-up, her wonderfully nerdy personality, and her proud Korean heritage. So perfectly mastered that Kim Chi is always presenting herself at her best, each and every time you see her. 

Even better is the sense of humor lurking under the surface of this seemingly reserved, nerdy queen. The way Kim Chi eviscerates her friends on the daily is the stuff of gold. Her comic delivery skills are hands-down some of the best in Drag Race herstory, and she continues to be amazingly funny all-day, every day.

Though my love for her has grown exponentially since Drag Race ended, her emotional story of finding confidence and tackling with the emotions of hiding herself and her identity from her family is still one of the most powerful in the series history. My love for her started then because of her strength and her talent, and it remains today for the same reasons.

SOLARIS

I am surprised I am not ranking Kim Chi higher then this.  Kim Chi was voted into this finals to make it a Top 15.  She was my favorite on Season 8.  Upon rewatch I actually prefer Bob, but I still love Kim Chi.  I just really appreciate so many of this final 15.  What slayed with me Kim were her beat mug and runway looks.  Too bad, she could not walk down the runway with any amount of certainty. Kim chi made it all the way to the finals without lip-syncing.  Seeing her fat, femme and Asian was lip sync in the finale was great.  Kim Chi won two challenges.  The ball challenge and the first design challenge.  She was the best dressed of the season, and I found her relatable.  Glad she got to be put into the Top 15 (even if it should have been Trinity).

DEREK

Donut come for me. I adore Kim Chi and I'm ecstatic to have her in the finals here. I was rooting for her hardcore in Season 8. Her makeup and looks she presented on the runway were ridiculously amazing. The hair look. The witch. Black and white. The best of the Madonna kimonos. The legendary book ball presentations. And Kim is such an endearing person on top of it. I love her interactions with Bob, and the final untucked episode in particular. Seeing the growth she had on a personal level and confidence over the season is one of the best things about Season 8. I am absolutely dying to see Kim Chi on an All Stars season. She was on that goofy Christmas special but IT'S NOT ENOUGH. We all need more Shade Chi in our lives. Speaking of Shade Chi, Kim's social media presence is godly. OMG KIM REJECTING THE PIT CREW AT THE FINALE I CANNOTTTT I'M DEAD

WALLY

For the final wildcard round, Kim Chi was up against a number of big favorites of me, sooo she wasn’t my ideal choice to be the last 15th advancement into the finals. But oh well, congrats   to her fans coming through for her. With that said, I do really like Kim Chi and like her enough to give her the #11 spot.

Kim Chi competed on RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 8. was another likable underdog type that was easy to root for. Kim Chi definitely nailed all of her runway looks and she was so original, innovative and creative in her style. It was like this Anime fantasy style. Never seen this on the show before but that makes her styles stand out. :omg: There’s a reason why she won those outfit design challenges. Sadly, the acting/comedic and dancing type challenges weren’t Kim’s strong suit. What I do love most about Kim Chi was how rootable she was. Kim was often defeated and lacking confidence in those challenges but she always try her best. The emotion moments she would have with talking about fear of public speaking, weight struggles, cultural differences and mother not knowing about his drag career. There was a lot of compelling storylines with Kim and she was always so nice and kind… and just so rootable. I also loved her friendship with Naomi.

ANDY

I do love Kim Chi but she’s kinda dropped in my rankings as time has gone on. Not because I love her any less but really just because in retrospect she kinda lacks the charisma that all the best queens have imo. Her make up skills and runway looks are absolutely adorable though, and I do think she seems like one of the most genuinely sweet queens to grace the show. She definitely earned her spot in the top 3 of season 8 and had rightfully become one of the fan favorite queens. Tbh in my mind she deserves MC over Cynthia, but I think maybe they don’t give MC to finalist queens? Not sure.

LILY

At #15, I am ranking Kim Chi! Kim is a really talented queen who made it all the way to the top 3 of Season 8. She's had numerous exciting looks with her make-up and design skills. However, as awesome as Kim is in these areas... she wasn't a queen who on her season I fully got behind. And truthfully, it's nothing she did, instead it's just that I really loved Bob, Naomi and Chi Chi in particular, so Kim Chi in comparison was someone I didn't root for as much.

Kim's talents in Season 8 were definitely moreso in the design challenges, where she won the ball, the first design challenge, and placed high in the makeover. All great performances here and deserving of her placements. When it came to the other challenges, Kim's performances don't really leave a big impression on me. I think what helped was that her journey was still moreso consistent whereas there were other queens that season who had a lot of ups and downs. So it made her path to the finale a pretty nice and safe one, which were backed up by some challenge wins. Kim is an exciting and unique queen, just not someone who would rank in my top 15, so I have to rank her here.

Edited by Elliott
Just now, Solaris said:

25 if this is wrong its Derek's fault for miscounting

It doesn't bother me if they aren't at the top. :haha: I just don't want them be in the bottom half of the page.

With Kim Chi’s elimination, Bob is now the S8 winner! Kim Chi was also the highest ranking “one timer” (since HSS and SCDR weren’t actual completions for them lol) who hasn’t won. The Top 12 is all winners + multiple season contestants.

9 minutes ago, Elliott said:

With Kim Chi’s elimination, Bob is now the S8 winner! Kim Chi was also the highest ranking “one timer” (since HSS and SCDR weren’t actual completions for them lol) who hasn’t won. The Top 12 is all winners + multiple season contestants.

Oooo I like this trivia! And I think Kim is well-deserving of that 

ANDREW:

9. Kim Chi

10. Jimbo

12. Crystal Methyd

ANDY:

3. Crystal Methyd

8. Jimbo

13. Kim Chi

CHRIS:

4. Kim Chi

8. Crystal Methyd

14. Jimbo

DEE:

5. Crystal Methyd

9. Kim Chi

10. Jimbo

DEREK:

9. Crystal Methyd

11. Kim Chi

15. Jimbo

ELLIOTT:

10. Jimbo

13. Kim Chi

14. Crystal Methyd

JC:

3. Kim Chi

9. Crystal Methyd

12. Jimbo

LILY:

8. Jimbo

14. Crystal Methyd

15. Kim Chi

SOLARIS:

7. Crystal Methyd

10. Kim Chi

11. Jimbo

TOM:

3. Kim Chi

9. Jimbo

13. Crystal Methyd

WALLY:

11. Kim Chi

14. Jimbo

15. Crystal Methyd

Edited by FrogLenzen
4 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

ANDREW:

9. Kim Chi

10. Jimbo

12. Crystal Methyd

ANDY:

3. Crystal Methyd

8. Jimbo

13. Kim Chi

CHRIS:

4. Kim Chi

8. Crystal Methyd

14. Jimbo

DEE:

5. Crystal Methyd

9. Kim Chi

10. Jimbo

DEREK:

9. Crystal Methyd

11. Kim Chi

15. Jimbo

ELLIOTT:

10. Jimbo

13. Kim Chi

14. Crystal Methyd

JC:

3. Kim Chi

9. Jimbo

14. Crystal Methyd

LILY:

8. Jimbo

14. Crystal Methyd

15. Kim Chi

SOLARIS:

7. Crystal Methyd

10. Kim Chi

11. Jimbo

TOM:

3. Kim Chi

9. Jimbo

13. Crystal Methyd

WALLY:

11. Kim Chi

14. Jimbo

15. Crystal Methyd

JC ranked Crystal at 12. I made a mistake when I posted this yesterday. :haha:

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

I will say I would’ve enjoyed Melissa more during the season had the judges not been so OTT in her being their golden child (cuz seriously, between Denys and Melissa, they made Nigel seem subtle.) But once the season was finished and I could just watch the routines, I recognized that she was a very solid contestant (though I personally found her first few routines kind of rough). I was just far more invested in Matt, Christian, Lindsey and Jordan. :haha:

I feel this same way, except replace Matt with Denitsa.  :haha: 

16 hours ago, Elliott said:

I can’t even sass you because this made me actually lol. :dead:

😘

Awww poor Kimmy, was hoping she was higher, but not too surprised by this ranking. Happy I could be one of her highest rankers and root for her fat fem and Asian realness ❤️ 

Also I think whoever is keeping track of our rankings still has it wrong I am pretty sure I put Jimbo at 12 and Crystal at 9 :giggle: