Jump to content

Contestants that have exposed the show or talked against it


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

OH WOW, You're right but I've never seen someone taking Chris' side that much and dissing Lauren like this Imao 👏👏👏

I more-or-less like Lauren, but the way people here pretend like she was some unstoppable force is laughable. I don’t understand the obsession with thinking her not winning was rigged considering there’s only three winners who even have a notable career (one of which is due to a fanbase entirely separate from The Voice), so it’s not like it would’ve done anything differently for her career had she won anyway.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 8:26 PM, Elliott said:

I more-or-less like Lauren, but the way people here pretend like she was some unstoppable force is laughable. I don’t understand the obsession with thinking her not winning was rigged considering there’s only three winners who even have a notable career (one of which is due to a fanbase entirely separate from The Voice), so it’s not like it would’ve done anything differently for her career had she won anyway.

Yeah you're right about this and as Adam Levine used to say THE REAL JOURNEY BEGINS AFTER THE SHOW, IT DOESN'T REALLY MATTER IF YOU WIN OR NOT THE THING MATTERS IS YOU CONTINUE TO WORK HARD TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS. Cassade and Danielle are the ones that I can say have A great career , some of the winners work really hard but don't get the recognition they deserve and some of the winners just haven't done much .Can you pls tell me who is the third one you think has a good career

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

Can you pls tell me who is the third one you think has a good career

Jordan. Not a fan, but I’ve seen his CDs in stores and heard one of his songs on the radio which is more than I can say for the other winners.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 8:42 PM, Elliott said:

Jordan. Not a fan, but I’ve seen his CDs in stores and heard one of his songs on the radio which is more than I can say for the other winners.

OMG YES, I am not from US so I don't know how the radio stuff works there. He is my fav contestant ever and I was referring to Jordan and Sawyer when I said THE CONTESTANTS THAT WORK REALLY HARD BUT DON'T GET THE RECOGNITION THEY DESERVE

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only example of the producers clearly rigging the show was in S6 with the Semifinals IS. But if you want to make me believe that Lauren is the rightful winner you are all going to need more proof than iTunes. If that was the case I could say that Adam Wakefield had more votes than Alisan “because he had better sales” (and I wanted Lauren to win, but come on :huh:)

Edited by Daillon
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

 

Before the finale, Lauren had 3 iTunes bonuses while Chris had 2 (he got both of his songs to chart on semifinale week and yes, his semifinale duet actually counted for votes), so your statement of Chris having 0 bonus iTunes votes is patently false.

 

I thought the clause you are mentioning was already in place since Season 10 as per the Wakefield interview? Or was there an add-on I don't know about? 

You are correct I mis-stated that... but not the vote advantage ...I should have said she had a 500,000 (round number) lead not 500,000 to zero. The effect is the same.  That number was derived by by taking all of her sales and bonuses and subtracting Chris's.  She had huge lead.  For example in the finals "Deja Vu" sold 46k and Money On You sold 17k.  46k-17k=29k.... 29k x 5 = +145k votes for that one song.  She had the #2 song on finals night as well as additional #1, #3 and #10. Also, all sales after the close of voting (except the finals) still count in the cumulative iTunes totals as 1 vote per sale.  Often, she would still be charting the previous weeks song when we documented the current weeks sales.   In every round she sold lots more and the differences added up.  It's hard to go back and document everything since all our old thread are gone but at the time it was known and discussed.  In most cases, those making counter arguments were not active in the Voice threads at the time and are blind to the data as it happened in real time. 

 

As to the rules ...I believe Wakefield was referring to the rules stating they could advance anyone and eliminate anyone at any time for any reason.   The rule for eliminating votes was in place prior....it was the "we don't have to tell you" rule that was new to S12. 

 

6 hours ago, Daillon said:

The only example of the producers clearly rigging the show was in S6 with the Semifinals IS. But if you want to make me believe that Lauren is the rightful winner you are all going to need more proof than iTunes. If that was the case I could say that Adam Wakefield had more votes than Alisan “because he had better sales” (and I wanted Lauren to win, but come on :huh:)

 

Except that he didn't.... they were pretty much tied. 

She had 9,6,3,4,5   5.4 average

He had 7,9,2,1,9  5.6 average

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Blake literally said the vote was "BS" When the star of the show says that, you know the voting is just a way to gain money and the producers choose the winner. Lauren dominated that whole season and the ones who say "Chris won fairly" are in denial, plain and simple. 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spurrious said:

You are correct I mis-stated that... but not the vote advantage ...I should have said she had a 500,000 (round number) lead not 500,000 to zero. The effect is the same.  That number was derived by by taking all of her sales and bonuses and subtracting Chris's.  She had huge lead.  For example in the finals "Deja Vu" sold 46k and Money On You sold 17k.  46k-17k=29k.... 29k x 5 = +145k votes for that one song.  She had the #2 song on finals night as well as additional #1, #3 and #10. Also, all sales after the close of voting (except the finals) still count in the cumulative iTunes totals as 1 vote per sale.  Often, she would still be charting the previous weeks song when we documented the current weeks sales.   In every round she sold lots more and the differences added up.  It's hard to go back and document everything since all our old thread are gone but at the time it was known and discussed.  In most cases, those making counter arguments were not active in the Voice threads at the time and are blind to the data as it happened in real time. 

 

As to the rules ...I believe Wakefield was referring to the rules stating they could advance anyone and eliminate anyone at any time for any reason.   The rule for eliminating votes was in place prior....it was the "we don't have to tell you" rule that was new to S12. 

 

 

I don't deny that Lauren had Chris beat in iTunes.... but without knowing the actual vote breakdown, this so-called 500k lead can easily be countered by 50k casual voters. There are 540k additional viewers in the finale compared to the semifinale (this is based on viewer data I saw on Wiki). Assuming they are casual viewers, that is a HUGE swing vote bloc that can easily counter any iTunes bonus votes.

 

Let's not even go to the unreliability of sites like kworb.net when it comes to estimating sales data.... or the fact that regular votes outclass iTunes by a factor of 2 since the multiplier was reduced to 5 since Season 11..... or that iTunes has repeatedly shown to be unreliable so many times before Season 12......

 

The only thing that gives me pause on this topic is the clause in the contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughstock had sales of Deja Vu at 86K for the week. Of course, not all of those were within the voting window. These are actual sales. I trust them far more than Kworb. It was #43 on the Hot 100. She was #1, #4, #6, and #16 for iTunes country sales for the week. 
 

http://roughstock.com/news/2017/05/41909-top-30-digital-singles-chart-may-31-2017

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

 

 or that iTunes has repeatedly shown to be unreliable so many times before Season 12......

 

The only thing that gives me pause on this topic is the clause in the contract.

 

By so many times do you really mean once?   Matt had a 1 and Craig had a 2 in the finals and Matt had one more chart but Craig won anyway...that's about it. .  iTunes was right 8 out of 9 times prior to S12...and well....who didn't know the country artist have an advantage anyway...opps...except for Lauren it would seem.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

 

By so many times do you really mean once?   Matt had a 1 and Craig had a 2 in the finals and Matt had one more chart but Craig won anyway.  iTunes was right 8 out of 9 times and well....who didn't know the country artist have an advantage anyway...opps...except for Lauren it would seem.

 

OK, I may be reaching for that last line, but my point still stands. Lauren's hypothetical 900k lead (500k + (86k*5)) was just a drop in the bucket of millions of votes that were casted in the S12 finale. And we didn't even factor in Chris's iTunes votes yet.

Edited by Teraginn
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...