Aaliyah Dana Haugton Fan Thread

Oof, JoJo was tweeting that she doesn’t make any money from the Blackground recordings going up. With the statement that Aaliyah’s estate posted yesterday, I wonder if we’re going to have some drama about these going online now. 😢 

29 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Oof, JoJo was tweeting that she doesn’t make any money from the Blackground recordings going up. With the statement that Aaliyah’s estate posted yesterday, I wonder if we’re going to have some drama about these going online now. 😢 

Yeah I think it could be a little messy. :( It's a sticky situation as I feel for JoJo and any other artists affected, at the same time I'm just glad Aaliyah's music will finally be available to people.

2 minutes ago, *Lily said:

at the same time I'm just glad Aaliyah's music will finally be available to people.

That’s kind of my view on it. Like yeah, it sucks her estate won’t gain anything from it, but I also think it’s more detrimental to her legacy for it to be available.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Me adding the two CD box sets, all of the vinyls & cassettes, and the remaining CDs to my cart:

Treat Yourself Donna Meagle GIF by Parks and Recreation

Me watching the price on my cart go up as I add all the vinyls, including the shipping to another country

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, *Lily said:

Me watching the price on my cart go up as I add all the vinyls, including the shipping to another country

Somehow my shipping only came to $15 with literally everything added to it, wtf :dead:

I just bought the One in a Million and Aaliyah vinyls. 😭 Best believe I paid for all the protection to be extra secure that it makes it to the UK ok. :dead: But I've waited so long to add these to my collection and never thought it would become possible. Easiest decision ever. ❤️ 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, *Lily said:

We're getting the full HD episode of her MTV Diary episode. 😢❤️

Omg I remembered and loved this Diary episode so much! ❤️

But the ending of the episode with how she explains how she wants to be remembered always gets to me and breaks my heart. 😢

I don't know if I can watch this without tearing up, but thank you for posting this. ❤️