Aaliyah Dana Haugton Fan Thread

• 4 months later...

Wanted to  bump this up to wish my Birthday Queen a happy birthday! ❤️❤️❤️ 

giphy.gif

aaliyah-gif.gif

SZsE.gif

JSfu.gif

She would have been 42 today. 😢  I always think of her on this day (though I do everyday but especially today). ❤️  I always feel so honored sharing the same birthday as Miss Aaliyah. ❤️ 

• Like 2

On 8/26/2020 at 3:34 PM, Elliott said:

The way I forgot this was an Aaliyah bop.

I'm ashamed of myself.

Also I can't at this boy here. 😐 Our friendship is over. [/overdramatic] [/just kidding]

But really, "More Than a Woman" is A JAM and one of my all-time favorite Aaliyah songs and videos! :wub:❤️ 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blackground Records actually now have a verified Instagram page with a website link titled ‘#AaliyahIsComing’. Spotify follows the account too so we may finally be looking at streaming news. 😮 

I know we’ve had a lot of close calls like this before but this is definitely looking like one of the better signs so far!

• Like 1

Billboard have done an interview with Barry Hankerson. Lots of Blackground music is getting to released to streaming services over a rollout, such as Jojo's early albums. I haven't really read into the article yet, but I'm just glad Aaliyah's music will finally be available to audiences who haven't heard it in particular. It's so timeless. ❤️

Also finally going to get an Aaliyah vinyl :wub: 😭

• Like 1