Jump to content

Aaliyah Dana Haugton


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

She still sounds current today. A trendsetter and ahead of her time. RIP BABYGIRL. ❤️

maxresdefault.jpg

 

I think about this still from Missy Elliott's Lose Control Work It video a lot. :(

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bless for us having a thread on new IDF! ❤️

 

I can’t believe it’s been 19 years. :omg: Somehow, even though every year it gets longer, it still feels like time hasn’t really passed. I remember the 10 year anniversary in particular, like it was yesterday. 💔 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I can't believe it's been that long. :broken:

 

This still sounds current in 2020. A true game changer. 😢


This is probably my favourite song of hers ❤️

 

With this a close second:

 

 

So ahead of its time!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I can’t believe it’s been 19 years. :omg: Somehow, even though every year it gets longer, it still feels like time hasn’t really passed. I remember the 10 year anniversary in particular, like it was yesterday. 💔 

It's so crazy to me that she'd barely be into her 40s if she were still alive. :( I think because I was so young when it happened that she seemed so much older (granted, she always came across extremely mature for her age, too) instead of just being 22. We're only a few years out from her being gone longer than she was with us. :broken:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Elliott said:

It's so crazy to me that she'd barely be into her 40s if she were still alive. :( I think because I was so young when it happened that she seemed so much older (granted, she always came across extremely mature for her age, too) instead of just being 22. We're only a few years out from her being gone longer than she was with us. :broken:


She lived such a life for so young. I just know she’d be dominating still if she was still with us ❤️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, *Lily said:

I just know she’d be dominating still if she was still with us ❤️ 

Just thinking of all the TLC/Aaliyah/Missy Elliott collaborations we were truly robbed of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Lily said:

jim carrey typing GIF
 

Me preparing all my writeups for the Aaliyah discography round.

Also footage of me tracking down torrents of her albums because I haven't been able to listen to her songs in years because they aren't on streaming or digital platforms except for the R. Kelly album.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Also footage of me tracking down torrents of her albums because I haven't been able to listen to her songs in years because they aren't on streaming or digital platforms except for the R. Kelly album.


Her albums are pretty much the only ones that I’ve kept and listen to, because literally everything else is on streaming :haha:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, *Lily said:

Her albums are pretty much the only ones that I’ve kept and listen to, because literally everything else is on streaming :haha:

I've moved so much over the past five or so years that most of my stuff has been misplaced/lost/sold off/etc. :haha: I used to have them on an old computer but I lost most of my music on the hard drive back in 2017.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...