SCD Series 18 Discussion Thread

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just realised - Nadine used to date Jesse Metcalfe too. So she has exes on both SCD and DWTS this year.

This tweet looks promising:       Could we be finally getting the first official name reveal? Fingers crossed! 😮 

All confirmed today:   Bill Bailey, JJ Chalmers, Jamie Laing and Maisie Smith!

On 10/7/2020 at 8:50 PM, DWTSFan2001 said:

Jason seems fun. I have a feeling that he could be a Donald Driver/Emmitt Smith/Rashad type.

I think he will have Luba, definitely an upgrade over James Cracknell from last year.

Jason does come across well and likable so far. :yes: 

19 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

HRVY has tested negative so should be back in! 🙂

Interested to see who will be his pro...

Great news for HRVY! 😄 

• Like 1

Ooh something I was meaning to ask, since the Launch Show is happening on the 17th and premiere show is on the 24th, does that mean the celebs only have one week to learn their premiere night routines? Or will they be learning their routines next week (but ~trying to keep the couples under wrap)? I am soo confused with everything this series. 🙈

25 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Ooh something I was meaning to ask, since the Launch Show is happening on the 17th and premiere show is on the 24th, does that mean the celebs only have one week to learn their premiere night routines? Or will they be learning their routines next week (but ~trying to keep the couples under wrap)? I am soo confused with everything this series. 🙈

Nope - launch show is pre-recorded on the 12th and they should start training on the 13th so have around 2 weeks as normal.

I think most of the pros have met their partners so the launch show is probably more of an introduction show than a pairing up show that we've had in recent years.

Also confused about how the show is running. At least we know what days of the week they are getting COVID tests, I guess! 🤷‍♂️

19 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Nope - launch show is pre-recorded on the 12th and they should start training on the 13th so have around 2 weeks as normal.

I think most of the pros have met their partners so the launch show is probably more of an introduction show than a pairing up show that we've had in recent years.

Also confused about how the show is running. At least we know what days of the week they are getting COVID tests, I guess! 🤷‍♂️

Oooh ok,, thank you for all of this info. OK that's good they will get to start training right after the launch show is filmed. Cause only getting 1 week - with how the cast was revealed over a month ago would be so unfair. 

Hmmm I see. It's all so strange and different this year but that's to be expected. Ooh what days do they get COVID tested? Mondays?

I’ll post some more video clips of the cast!

LOL Jamie jokes around and says Kelvin is his least favorite Strictly contestant. :dead::haha: 

Jacqui’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Ed Balls. She is most looking forward to learning the Tango.

Haven’t really been following the Strictly specials these past few weeks but will try and watch before the series starts. I did watch the end of tonight however because of their tribute to Caroline 😢 It was done beautifully.

2 hours ago, taylorkat said:

Ed? lol!!

1 hour ago, rpryor03 said:

They did serve together in the British Cabinet like in 2008.

Ahh this makes sense. I figured they had done some politics together, hence why she would choose him. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Haven’t really been following the Strictly specials these past few weeks but will try and watch before the series starts. I did watch the end of tonight however because of their tribute to Caroline 😢 It was done beautifully.

Ah I haven't gotten to watch them yet either. I may try to check them out over the next few weeks. But I did hear there was a beautiful tribute done for Caroline Flack on tonight's special. I would love to see that. 😢❤️ 

Time for a few more videos! 😛 

Maisie’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Louisa Lytton (whom she worked with on EastEnders).

HRVY’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Saffron Barker (a friend of his).

So it seems like 4 out of 9 of them so far have mentioned their friends and/or co-workers as their favorite Strictly contestants (Max/Jacqui/Maisie/HRVY). :haha: 

Then also from the Strictly Instagram stories, the cast shares their all-time favorite Strictly dances. Here’s what they said:

Bill Bailey - Faye & Giovanni’s Charleston

Clara Amfo - Danny & Oti’s Samba

Max George - Jay & Aliona’s Jive

Caroline Quentin - Stacey & Kevin’s Les Misérables American Smooth

Jamie Laing - Kelvin & Oti’s Samba

Jacquie Smith - Ed & Katya’s Satisfaction Tango (lmao Shocked she didn’t say his Gangnum Style Salsa)

HRVY - Joe & Dianne’s High School Musical American Smooth

Maisie Smith - Karim & Amy’s Jive

JJ Chalmers - Cassidy Little & Natalie’s Paso Doble (from The People’s Strictly special)

Nicola Adams - Mike & Katya’s Magic Mike Cha-Cha (also her favorite contestant from last series)

Jason Bell - Ore & Joanne’s Singin’ In the Rain American Smooth

Ranvir Singh - Michelle & Giovanni’s Addams Family Foxtrot

Here are the last three pre Launch Show videos posted on the Strictly instagram.

Ranvir’s all-time favorite Strictly celebrity is Ed Balls. She is most looking forward to learning the Paso Doble. 

JJ’s all-time favorite Strictly celebrity is Jonnie Peacock (who is also a friend of his).

Bill’s all-time favorite Strictly celebrity is Kelvin Fletcher.

Yayy it's Launch Show day! :spaz: Excited for this season to kinda finally begin, it feels sooo long. :dead: 

This article has some preview pics of the Launch show: https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/g34400050/strictly-come-dancing-2020-launch-show-photos/

A new look of the judges panel....

21257630-high-res-strictly-come-dancing-

And the celebs on the show...

strictly-celebs-1602883628.jpg?crop=1xw:

Yayy excited for this to start!

Also excited to be going into the launch show not knowing any of the pairings (except one). Sooo rare as I usually spoil myself beforehand and probably would have if there had been any spoilers this year. :dead: But this is more exciting!

44 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yayy excited for this to start!

Also excited to be going into the launch show not knowing any of the pairings (except one). Sooo rare as I usually spoil myself beforehand and probably would have if there had been any spoilers this year. :dead: But this is more exciting!

LOL Yess, it’s fun not really knowing any of the partnerships for this Launch Show. I did this with Series 16 of avoiding the spoilers, and it did make the Launch Show more fun and exciting not knowing what is happening. :haha:

28 minutes ago, rpryor03 said:

Wait, is the launch show live this year?

No, it was pre-taped this Monday.

Wowzers, so the Pros recorded all of their Pro routines already? And had 2 weeks to learn all these dances? :omg: It’s a smart idea with all of the ganges they have to do to make sure everyone is safe and healthy. But this is all so different.

Great group routine!

HRVY, Jason and Jamie are the next 3 celebs to get paired up.