• HRVY - Katya
  • Jamie - Karen
  • Caroline - Neil
  • Jacqui - Aljaž
  • Ranvir - Giovanni
  • Clara - Johannes
  • Nicola - Janette
  • Maisie - Gorka

That leaves Nadiya, Graziano and Nancy without partners while Anton could maybe fill-in for Bruno as a judge. I honestly can't see Karen with any of the men and Nicola wants a shorter partner so I just gave her to Jamie as he was the last one left.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

38 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I hope Gorka gets a partner this year. I haven’t looked too much into heights so that gives me some promise that he’ll maybe have a shot.

Anton, Giovanni and Aljaz feel like the three they would least likely bench, to me.

Yess this. I think my main concern this series is that Gorka gets a partner. He really deserves it after missing out last year.

I feel this way too. Those seem like the most popular males. Although I'd rather Anton get benched for once. :/ But then again he can get Jacqui and I'll be fine with that too lol.

11 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Some pairing ideas:

• Bill - Oti
  • Jason - Luba
  • JJ - Amy
  • Max - Dianne
  • HRVY - Katya
  • Jamie - Karen
  • Caroline - Neil
  • Jacqui - Aljaž
  • Ranvir - Giovanni
  • Clara - Johannes
  • Nicola - Janette
  • Maisie - Gorka

That leaves Nadiya, Graziano and Nancy without partners while Anton could maybe fill-in for Bruno as a judge. I honestly can't see Karen with any of the men and Nicola wants a shorter partner so I just gave her to Jamie as he was the last one left.

These are some good partnership suggestions!

Oooh awww I was thinking of and I actually like the idea of Nicola & Karen as a partnership. Didn't think of Janette for her.

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Oooh awww I was thinking of and I actually like the idea of Nicola & Karen as a partnership. Didn't think of Janette for her.

I was thinking Nicola & Karen was a good match but Nicola is 5ft4 and wants a shorter partner so it's either Dianne or Janette.

With Nicola's request presumably being honoured, that kinda leaves Karen without an ideal celeb - I can't see her with any of these guys, especially not HRVY. Perhaps this is one series too far for her? Chris would have been a good partner to finish with.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

6 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I was thinking Nicola & Karen was a good match but Nicola is 5ft4 and wants a shorter partner so it's either Dianne or Janette.

With Nicola's request presumably being honoured, that kinda leaves Karen without an ideal celeb - I can't see her with any of these guys, especially not HRVY. Perhaps this is one series too far for her? Chris would have been a good partner to finish with.

Oooh I didn't know this. I guess that only leaves Janette for Nicola then. 

Hmmmm no one may seem like a for sure Karen partner but I could kinda see Bill with her. She's done fun routines for older duffers in Dave Myers and Jeremy Vine for instance.... so maybe she could with him? I don't know. :haha:  I don't think I saw her and Chris working on paper pre-season last year but they did. 

No Blackpool special this year. :( Which is understandable and right considering the circumstances.

The annual Strictly Come Dancing special in Blackpool will not take place this year, the BBC has confirmed.

A BBC spokesman said while contestants would not physically go to Blackpool's Tower Ballroom in 2020, they would still be "celebrating the iconic venue" from Elstree studio.

It follows changes made to the show due to coronavirus restrictions.

Beginning in October, the forthcoming BBC One series will be shorter than usual.

Contestants will be staying in a hotel for two weeks ahead of pre-recording all the group dances.

Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54134368

I don't want to believe it quite yet although it seems likely. :( 

But that sucks for Neil being demoted again. 4 out of 5 series of being a benched pro is honestly really messed up and disrespectful to him. They should bench some pros that haven't been benched yet. Maybe his past social media posts could have been a cause but I don't think that's really fair in this case. :ph34rwave:But we are going through tough times now soo gah I don't know.

No partner for Nadiya either: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12779348/nadiya-bychkova-axed-strictly-main-line-up/

Can't say I'm massively shocked with that one - Jason is the only tall guy this year so it was probably a choice between Nadiya & Luba. Luba hasn't had a fair shot at all between a year on the bench and a mega dud in James Cracknell whereas Nadiya has at least had a celeb each of the 3 series she's done so far and despite that, still hasn't really made a splash personality-wise. Talented dancer for sure but just too reserved. At least she gets to spend time with her daughter I guess...

Rather sexist article but who can be surprised when it comes from the Sun? That paper has been 'cancelled' in at least 2 cities in the UK now.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Interesting article outlining a lot of the changes to this year’s show:

Said here that Neil, Graziano, Nancy and Nadiya are the dancers without pros this season as expected. Which gives us a pro line-up of:

Giovanni, Gorka, Aljaz, Johannes, Anton

Oti, Amy, Janette, Karen, Luba, Katya, Dianne

Nadiya. 😢 :broken: But yeah I am not too surprised she's sitting out this season. Of the tall ladies, it's more fair to give Luba another chance since Luba had one of the worst dancers of the show and needs to have a better partner for sure. I didn't read that The Sun article but i heard it was really sexist towards Nadiya which is so not right. :/ 

Also sad for Nancy possibly sitting out too. But that's not too surprising. :( I would have loved seeing her with HRVY but oh well. Yikes Graziano getting benched again too. But happy that Gorka is back and Johannes isn't benched. All the other pros in the mix makes sense.

Now that we got an idea of which pros are in the line-up, I could try to make some couples predictions. I'm wondering when we will get couples spoilers / The Launch show happening. 😮 

I think he'll be fine - it's not too late for him to do his isolation and then have a bit of time to rehearse with his partner. Show is still over 3 weeks away and they don't meet their partners for 11 days still.

Bit of perspective needed - COVID isn't deadly for a healthy 21 year old like him (and the BBC wouldn't have booked him otherwise) and it's a positive that it happened before the show and not during the series.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Yeah while it’s sad, it would have been much more disappointing for him if it happened during the show! He’s experiencing no symptoms right now so hopefully by the time they start he’ll be feeling ok.

Edited by *Lily

Ooh some official cast pics in here too! Everyone except for HRVY, I'm guessing perhaps these were done whilst he's been in isolation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2020/10/06/strictly-come-dancing-2020-celebrity-line-meet-years-contestants/

TELEMMGLPICT000241250775_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVo9irV4tImX-7yTRyrc_aGhorqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

Caroline

TELEMMGLPICT000241250750_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqixEgqfChNs4_-GdZRo9Cc2horqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

Jason

TELEMMGLPICT000241250716_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqUaGs7jc7oGYE8c0ezfrmAmhorqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

Max

TELEMMGLPICT000241250767_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqbUWnaFr0SQQSjZuauUs-oD4uDVE9eS93BIN2z8wEG9o.jpeg?imwidth=960

Ranvir

TELEMMGLPICT000241250710_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqX9bjHiwLnzqli-gJ5VBMRPkbZK6FxpNP-yYj3jiLqYg.jpeg?imwidth=960

Clara

TELEMMGLPICT000241250707_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqUrw9pTfdPQ5hbMPJu_q_sD4uDVE9eS93BIN2z8wEG9o.jpeg?imwidth=960

Nicola

TELEMMGLPICT000241250705_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq6CbGQpPl2gHgm3yFXhGx6pSM7vncSYJerLYj2kmsF1U.jpeg?imwidth=960

Bill

TELEMMGLPICT000241250711_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqVo9irV4tImX-7yTRyrc_aGhorqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

JJ

TELEMMGLPICT000241250753_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqRno0wBcbj8R7Bar7Q2cKrD4uDVE9eS93BIN2z8wEG9o.jpeg?imwidth=960

Maisie

TELEMMGLPICT000241250680_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9jWLkI7U-wNVzHRW0VcHVGhorqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

Jacqui

TELEMMGLPICT000241250770_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bql_aGgHDv1YqutN1TwVPhyGhorqzs25gOD-5gv9wMKV8.jpeg?imwidth=960

Jamie

Edited by *Lily

Ooooh yayy nice to see the promo pics! Thanks for posting those, Lily! Those are really nice. Maisie is really gorgeous..... and looks like a dancer in that photo. :wub: And ooh did they give Jason & Max the same shirt or something? :dead: 

OMGGG a couple got leaked. I'm tempted to look but also want to wait. 🙈 But I have been working on the couples I want to see and came up with this:

Couples Predictions:

Bill & Janette

HRVY & Dianne

Jamie & Oti

Jason & Luba

JJ & Amy

Max & Katya

Caroline & Aljaz

Clara & Giovanni

Jacquie & Anton

Maisie & Gorka

Nicola & Karen

Ranvir & Johannes

- I know Nicola with Janette seems more likely as she wants a short partner, but I just like the idea of Nicola/Karen more.

- Struggled with Caroline and Clara here. I could switch those partners around. But I feel like Aljaz never really got  someone older (only Kate, and she wasn't that old) so I went with that.

- I'd like to see Katya with a pop star so putting her with Max.

An article that contains full body shots of the promo pics. And oops, I got spoiled on the rumored partnership (so much for trying to avoid that). :dead: 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8810671/Strictly-Come-Dancing-celebs-star-official-photos-theres-no-sign-YouTube-star-HRVY.html

Also, the Strictly Instagram are posting fun short clips of the celebs excited to be apart of the show and all!  The part I found interesting was their favorite contestants so I’ll post those.

- Caroline’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Stacey Dooley.

- Jason’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Ore Oduba.

- Max’s all-time favorite Strictly contestant is Jay McGuiness (obviously :giggle:) He’s most looking forward to learning the Paso Doble (despite not known g the proper name of it).