SCD Series 18 Discussion Thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just realised - Nadine used to date Jesse Metcalfe too. So she has exes on both SCD and DWTS this year.

This tweet looks promising:       Could we be finally getting the first official name reveal? Fingers crossed! 😮 

All confirmed today:   Bill Bailey, JJ Chalmers, Jamie Laing and Maisie Smith!

Contestant #2: Jason Bell!

Interesting to have an NFL player on Strictly. 😮 I only know him because he used to date Nadine Coyle from Girls Aloud and they have a child together. :haha:

Someone only famous in the UK for being Nadine Coyle's ex. Next. Seemed likeable for that interview but this is Strictly not DWTS - he'd have probably been popular there as a Dallas Cowboy.

Edited by DWTSFan2001

Definitely an obscure signing. I think he hosts the NFL coverage on BBC so I kinda like that they’re choosing someone they wouldn’t usually go for and from a new sport 😮 Intrigued to see how he’ll do.

Yayyy we got 3 reveals just like that! :wub: 

Caroline was one of the first ones speculated so not surprised. I did read up a bit on her with having some dance experience when she was younger. So makes me wonder if she could be like a Debbie McGee type? Looking forward to how she does.

Omgg I never would have imagined an American football player on Strictly. :dead: It's overdone and expected on DWTS but very refreshing on Strictly. I can't recall really knowing Jason Bell but nice to see one unexpected name. Interesting he dated Nadine Coyle and has a child with her. 😮 (Ugh that rules her out I guess. :broken: )

Yayy for Max. He's the name I'm most familiar with and excited about. Hoping he does well.

Excited for another name reveal tomorrow.....hopefully we get more tomorrow too.

4 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I just realised - Nadine used to date Jesse Metcalfe too. So she has exes on both SCD and DWTS this year. :haha:

omggg really? Lmao oh wow. :dead: 

Partnership hopes:

• Caroline & Neil (seems like a good fit all things considered - if she has potential, do NOT put her with AdB)
  • Jason & Luba (height reasons and he's at least an upgrade on James Cracknell from last year, dance and personality wise)
  • Max & Dianne (height and also since he's shy - who better than Dianne to bring him out of his shell? - Again if he has potential, do NOT give him Janette)
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Partnership hopes:

• Caroline & Neil (seems like a good fit all things considered - if she has potential, do NOT put her with AdB)
  • Jason & Luba (height reasons and he's at least an upgrade on James Cracknell from last year, dance and personality wise)
  • Max & Dianne (height and also since he's shy - who better than Dianne to bring him out of his shell? - Again if he has potential, do NOT give him Janette)

Oooh I haven't thought of partnerships but I like all of these ideas. :yes: 

• Like 1

The Strictly website added in some background info of the 3 that I'll post here.

p08q5ysv.jpg

Caroline Quentin

Award-winning actress, broadcaster and national treasure, Caroline Quentin is well known for a wide range of acting roles including Maddie in Jonathan Creek, DCI Janine Lewis in Blue Murder, plus star roles in Kiss Me Kate, Life Begins and Life of Riley. Best known for starring as Dorothy in hit sitcom Men Behaving Badly, Caroline has also presented a number of documentaries, as well as two very successful series of Extraordinary Homes for BBC Two, and performed with the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2019.

Jason Bell

A former professional American footballer, Jason played as a cornerback/safety in the National Football League for the Dallas Cowboys. He then played for the Houston Texans, where he was named a recipient of the Ed Block Courage Award, one of the league's highest honors. He finished his professional career with the New York Giants. Jason now co-hosts The Jason & Osi Podcast with fellow NFL Alum Osi Umenyiora. Alongside Osi he presents the NFL Show on BBC.

Max George

Max shot to fame as a member of The Wanted. The band had two number 1 singles in the UK and reached the top 3 in the US Billboard charts. After The Wanted took a break, Max moved to Los Angeles to pursue an acting career and starred in the 6th season of Glee as Clint. More recently he has returned to music as a solo artist.

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/175048bc-6060-4a91-8ffa-66f095c8e478

Clara Amfo is being reported again, now being said that she has signed up as opposed to just being asked. (Cant seem to link it here right now but will try and add the story in later).

One of the names I’m most excited for! I really like her and think she’s a good, popular signing. I’m thinking perhaps she could be announced tomorrow morning since there seems to be a reveal on Radio 1, which she hosts on. 😮 

• Like 1

How many cornerbacks have done DWTS? Trying to gage if Jason may be a contender. I at least hope he's better than the soccer players like David James!

Whilst he is only famous in the UK for being Nadine's ex, my initial reaction was a bit harsh - he did at least seem enthusiastic unlike the 2 middle aged sportsmen last year both of whom only seemed to be in it for the cash.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1

Boxer Nicola Adams is now also being rumoured. Good name for the show if so - glad to see we’ll hopefully have two black women in the cast! Possibly a contender for the same-sex pairing as well if they decide to do it this year.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Boxer Nicola Adams is now also being rumoured. Good name for the show if so - glad to see we’ll hopefully have two black women in the cast! Possibly a contender for the same-sex pairing as well if they decide to do it this year.

Agreed - would be a good name for a female same-sex pairing. I'd be interested to see her have a go at the dancing. Athletes are always intriguing if they have personality (most of last year's didn't) and are still in decent shape.

Edited by DWTSFan2001
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Clara Amfo is being reported again, now being said that she has signed up as opposed to just being asked. (Cant seem to link it here right now but will try and add the story in later).

One of the names I’m most excited for! I really like her and think she’s a good, popular signing. I’m thinking perhaps she could be announced tomorrow morning since there seems to be a reveal on Radio 1, which she hosts on. 😮 

20 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Ooh I don't know either of these names but looking forward to learning about them if they are signed on and participating! 😮 

50 minutes ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

Whilst he is only famous in the UK for being Nadine's ex, my initial reaction was a bit harsh - he did at least seem enthusiastic unlike the 2 middle aged sportsmen last year both of whom only seemed to be in it for the cash.

David probably wasn't too excited to be on the show last year but lol poor James looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but on Strictly. :haha:  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

David probably wasn't too excited to be on the show last year but lol poor James looked like he wanted to be anywhere else but on Strictly. :haha:  

I think James has to be the worst contestant ever on Strictly. David didn't seem too excited and probably did sign up for money and to fill time but I think he was just kinda reserved as a personality.

2 hours ago, DWTSFan2001 said:

I think James has to be the worst contestant ever on Strictly. David didn't seem too excited and probably did sign up for money and to fill time but I think he was just kinda reserved as a personality.

Ooh goodness yeah he's definitely up there. Yeah I felt that way with David with him being just a reserved personality.